VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+17
VCVCSmiley
StuNami
Twinpilot001
m1dadio
jeepwrench
gkpost
benwah
DanTheVanMan
veefre
Vanish
sasktrini
donivan65
G-Man
southern man
jreese
VANagain
Admin
21 posters

Welcome to the new and improved Forum!

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1731
    Registration date : 2008-05-01

Welcome to the new and improved Forum! Empty Welcome to the new and improved Forum!

Post by Admin Fri May 16, 2008 3:42 pm

We hope you like it!

Let us know what we can do to make it even better... sunny

If we can, we will! Wink
    If we can't, we'll say we tried... Rolling Eyes

Last edited by chebby on Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
    VANagain
    VANagain

Number of posts : 1046
    Registration date : 2008-05-16

Welcome to the new and improved Forum! Empty Re: Welcome to the new and improved Forum!

Post by VANagain Fri May 16, 2008 11:43 pm

Cool new site, Chebby!!

I like the orange and black. I would like to see the white Subject text on each posting be much smaller, maybe toned down. I find myself seeing those more than the posting's orange text. The subject is nice and big at the very top, but then it is repeated in every posting.

Hey, hooray!! We can now edit our posts!!!!

Last edited by VANagain on Fri May 16, 2008 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited because I can!)

Welcome to the new and improved Forum! Empty Re: Welcome to the new and improved Forum!

Post by Guest Sat May 17, 2008 5:43 am

I find the grey background much much easier on the eyes, thanks!
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Sat May 17, 2008 8:48 am

VANagain wrote:Cool new site, Chebby!!

I like the orange and black. I would like to see the white Subject text on each posting be much smaller, maybe toned down. I find myself seeing those more than the posting's orange text. The subject is nice and big at the very top, but then it is repeated in every posting.

We're still workiong the bugs out VANagain. That's a good point. I'll see if I can change that

Post by Guest Sun May 18, 2008 7:34 pm

looks like an awesome improvement on what IMO was already great Wink
    nice job!
    (sorry got some crazy dayz at hand here, trying to catch up Wink )

Post by Guest Mon May 19, 2008 4:22 am

Garsh..I had to re-register. No biggie. Love the new look!
    jreese

Number of posts : 26
    Registration date : 2008-05-19

Post by jreese Mon May 19, 2008 6:01 pm

Looks great. I had no trouble re-registering so that I could be myself again. Thanks for the help and the effort.

Jim
    southern man
    southern man

Number of posts : 486
    Registration date : 2008-05-21

Post by southern man Wed May 21, 2008 7:48 pm

Did we lose all of the old posts?
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Wed May 21, 2008 8:25 pm

They are not lost. The old forum is now the backup. We needed a forum that didn't go down all the time so that why this one is here. Plus a new layout with better features.

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2008 1:39 pm

Are we supposed to be using this forum or the old one? I notice there's still a lot of activity over there. Are you planning to shut one of these sites off or what?
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Thu May 22, 2008 2:22 pm

The old forum will eventually become somewhat of a back-up and archives. At least that's what the plan is. Transitions aren't always easy and quick. I believe less and less activity will continue on the old forum until eventually all the current topics are here.

Welcome to the new and improved Forum! Empty Its been awhile

Post by Guest Fri May 23, 2008 7:07 pm

Hey all! I stopped in again after what seems like forever, and things are looking great! Added some cool stuff to the site too. The ebay van search is awesome!! Keep up the good work! I just started driving my early again after tarping it through the winter. The cold and wind and rain up here will take years off a good van.Good to be back!

Atom!!!

Post by Guest Fri May 23, 2008 7:38 pm

Some of the topics put new messages that get posted at the top, I prefer the old way where a new message that is posted is added to the bottom of the thread. This thread is a good example.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Sat May 24, 2008 9:12 am

Duly noted enbro! Thank you for the feedback! Very Happy
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Sat May 24, 2008 11:56 am

[b][i]I like it both ways. It depends on the thread. If it directions how to do something old should be on top. If it a thread like Leadfoots chop having the new daily post on top is easier.
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Welcome to the new and improved Forum! Empty 2 Gallerys

Post by donivan65 Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:33 am

So just what is going to be the purpose of having 2 gallerys?
    And whats the purpose of this 2nd one?
    How do you think we should be using it?

Welcome to the new and improved Forum! Newgal10
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:39 am

It was a feature that was available with the new forum and we might as well take advantage of it. However it has it's drawbacks...

Limited storage space 10mb
    I've paid for an extra 100mb but it expires in a month
    adding more space and extra time for the space costs $$

I'm open to suggestions for the best way to utilize the extra forum...
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:53 am

I still see people signing up on the original forum. When they sign up, is it clear that there are 2 forums and the original is closed and they need to sign up again on the New Forum and see where all the action is?????
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:59 am

Is there anyway to forward new member here. I think we should close down the other till this one is going
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:29 am

Sign up on the old forum they may, BUT I hold the key to activate their registration over there. I get an email that a new person needs their registration activated, but instead I send them an email pointing them over here... Wink Most have come on over!

Post by Guest Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:03 pm

Is there a way to turn off registration over there? Or maybe make a custom page that directs them here, or better yet, when they click the registration link over there, it just forwards them to the registration page here?
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Number of posts : 2067
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Post by sasktrini Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:44 pm

About the two galleries, I might suggest that we use the 10mb for the most current features, but create a gallery archive topic OR create a VintAGE Vans account on PhotoBucket or something to archive pics.
    Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Number of posts : 5155
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

Post by Vanish Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:33 pm

We Got a Bitchen Gallery that you can archive in !!!!!! and you can Post as Much as you want and customize it the way you Like !!!!!!

http://vintage-vans.smugmug.com/

Post by Guest Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:52 pm

SUGGESTION Put a sticky at the top of each discussion area that is a link to the matching discussion area on the old board. Call it an archive or whatever. Just a suggestion.

Post by Guest Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:33 am

Hello all its Rat I was wondering if anyone here was cloce to my area? I live in Kansas City Missouri. Would be cool to have other vanners to go to some meets with or local cruise nights?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:56 am