VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+101
kmac
GregO
greenvan
jrdunn96
32dooscoop
Russell
caleboh
apedave
MelMalzahn
jimmyZ
Van crazy
whalemstr
hdewey
G-10 Ron
douglas_sisk
uante
292fan
billywhiskey
BoogieMann
OutofSight
mrkil
Billy Pilgrim
samsvan
Rust Bucket Retro
!6!
SKIDMARK
The Ronin
65EconoTime
VeronaVermin
Economan64
Vancy65
wideload
RF Man
Vannin Ken
A100 Wrench
TonyfromEngland
mnghost
Dirtstar1
troubledz
vrod64
SportVan
Joe Van
hutch73
campin'fool 2
Wheelie
vanny
Dingeldeins
kartrac3r
1040imp
Edoz
westcoastvanner
dodge man
vanman2
MisterDavid
kristuphir
CraigK
Schoessow
Corvanman
8Ball
CorvanDann
Barnabas
Daytona-Airbrush
66ThunderVan
dix
whopman
Linoman
SuperJason
Big Dog
Rayallen
Scott
Mike's_MysteryMachine
steviemonster
slowflapper
heretic
EconoCarl
Big W
Farmer
MarioWink
StuNami
Mr Hill Billy
donivan65
Stuntman
hotrodbeebe423
econopoor
Van Halen
pittsdriver
BvrWally
Optik
Vanish
Digz
itruns
lectricman
rustrocket84
DanTheVanMan
66BC
BILLS66
Nightmoves
G-Man
Hawkrod
Admin
105 posters

Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com!

BoogieMann
    BoogieMann

Number of posts : 3
    Registration date : 2015-11-21

Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com! - Page 16 Empty Re: Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com!

Post by BoogieMann Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:18 pm

Hello everyone.BoogieMann here.Thank you for having me .A little about myself.Proud owner of a 66 econoline van. It needs a little work,but don't most of them when we first get them.Have to make them ours.Have always loved the early vans,all makes .Found the van south of Indy,paid $2000 and drove it home.So far fixed king pins and had carb rebuilt.Alot more to be done.My goal is to put van in car show and get paid for playing the "OLDIES"Already have 1 trophy for Peoples Choice.laughed at that 1 .Lots of people either had 1 before or knew someone who did.Also met someone one this sitealready(Savage).Nice guy even if he owns a chevy or 2or3......Thanks again
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com! - Page 16 Empty Re: Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com!

Post by vanny Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:59 pm

Welcome to VV. You're going to love it here. Lots of helpful folks who share a passion for these gems. Let's keep them boogeying down the road!

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    Big W
    Big W

Number of posts : 3282
    Registration date : 2011-01-13

Post by Big W Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:58 pm

Welcome to VV. I to am a proud owner of a 66 and yea...it needs a little more work to...lol. But through this site I have met a few fellow vanners in my area and have shared some great times and knowledge as well. there's a lot of great people in here, so ask questions and use the search function and have fun. Show us a pic when you can, weed love to see it.
    billywhiskey
    billywhiskey

Number of posts : 10
    Registration date : 2016-02-22

Post by billywhiskey Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:54 am

Names Billy, living out in Port Saint Lucie, FL. Picked up this 1976 GMC Vandura for cheap to fix up for a bike hauler. 350 with a Turbo 400 Trans. 3/4 ton running gear, and 49,000 original miles. figured I'd keep the family tradition going since I grew riding around in my dads Econline and Chevy10. I enjoy building old Harleys and just now making the move into the vans.
    Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Number of posts : 5155
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

Post by Vanish Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:23 pm

Welcome in !!!!!!

292fan
    292fan

Number of posts : 15
    Registration date : 2016-04-07

Post by 292fan Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:16 pm

new to the site, and figured I better say, hi all. names Aaron, live in upstate ny, in a small town in the catskills,dont currently have a van, but that will be cured by the end of summer,love old cars but, I've always had an attraction to vans, wagons, and panel trucks. my current project is a 73 ranchero. found the site a couple days ago, after an annoying search for custom vans that keep turning up sites about people coloring their shoes lol, I hit on the right link and here I am.
    Big W
    Big W

Post by Big W Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:03 pm

Welcome to VV. If you like old vans and trucks..."without hoods", then you have come to the right site. Ford, Chevy or Dodge...This place has it all. This is an active forum. Ask a question and you will get an answer within a day or on some occasions...even a couple of minutes. Be sure to check out the members gallery for all the kool rides.
    Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Post by Vanish Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:40 pm

Yes WELCOME IN !!!!!!!

vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:32 pm

Welcome aboard! You've come to the right place Aaron. We have daily updated listings of vintage vans for you to peruse and choose your favorite flavor!

Lots of very helpful people on this site so don't hesitate to ask any questions. Good to see the younger generation taking an interest in these vans also!

I was in my teens when I bought my first van and have been in love with them ever since!

It's a disease I don't want to be cured of! Shocked Wink

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    292fan
    292fan

Post by 292fan Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:09 am

thanks guys, its a very addicting site, I've lost hours already looking through the photos, and reading up on the discussions. there is definitely lots of knowledge to be gained here, exactly what it was looking for.
    uante
    uante

Number of posts : 1466
    Registration date : 2014-01-26

Post by uante Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:43 am

Welcome to the site Aaron, I got another site for you to waste time on too! You might already know it but it's basically a Torino/Ranchero site...I have a 73 Gran Torino as well as the Van.
    http://forum.grantorinosport.org/forums.html?SID=43180016z6e3a83d6z6cccz6ccd457790162037

I love the Torino, but the Van has been a lot more fun!
    292fan
    292fan

Post by 292fan Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:30 am

nope didn't know about that one, thanks, ranchero.us is the one I've been frequenting for that fix hahaha, grantorinosport will be another handy one. my brother has a 72 gran Torino that he's doing along side my 73 Ranchero.
    uante
    uante

Post by uante Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:10 pm

292fan wrote:nope didn't know about that one, thanks, ranchero.us is the one I've been frequenting for that fix hahaha, grantorinosport will be another handy one. my brother has a 72 gran Torino that he's doing along side my 73 Ranchero.

Nice...here's a link to my thread there if your interested.

http://forum.grantorinosport.org/topic2528.html
    292fan
    292fan

Post by 292fan Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:22 pm

very nice, where you ever involved with a tumblr site called endless me? cause im pretty sure there is photos of your torino on there, I would have to paw through the sites archive to find what page.
    uante
    uante

Post by uante Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:07 pm

292fan wrote:very nice, where you ever involved with a tumblr site called endless me? cause im pretty sure there is photos of your torino on there, I would have to paw through the sites archive to find what page.

Not that I know of!
    I'll have to take a look for that! lol
    douglas_sisk
    douglas_sisk

Number of posts : 7
    Registration date : 2016-04-19

Post by douglas_sisk Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:39 am

I am new to the van community and thought I would introduce myself. I am a teacher in the twin cities. I have loved cars forever, had some cool ones but never a van. I just bought one out of California and will pick it up in June. Rust free bodies are pretty hard to find in Minnesota hence the long distance purchase.

I would love to hook up with some twin cities van or truck guys.

Mine is a driver I am told, I am not sure if it will stay the way I buy it or mod it. Only time will tell.
    Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Post by Vanish Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:17 am

Welcome in Douglas !!!!!! Hope to see some Pictures of Your new ride Soon !!!!!!!

Big W
    Big W

Post by Big W Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:12 am

Welcome to VV Douglas. Looking forward to seeing what your getting. Lots of great help in here, so ask lots of questions.
    vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:00 pm

Welcome to Vintage Vans Douglass! Great start getting one from the left coast. Being from the snow belt, you've seen what 50 years of snow and salt can do to a vehicle. Best to start with a solid van.

Can't wait to see what it looks like. Did you go with Ford, Chevy or Dodge??? What year? Window van, panel van or display van? Manual with 3 on the tree or automatic? Question Question Question

douglas_sisk
    douglas_sisk

Post by douglas_sisk Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:26 am

Well I had my brother go pick up my puchase and as most online auto purchases go it was very disappointing, so much so that I backed out of the deal and lost some money.

There must be a god though, lol, a week later one came up 3 hours from me, and it is nearly rust free. The body is 100% rust free but someone put insulation in the bottom of the doors. it held the water nicely and three of the barn doors are starting to bubble.

I bought it at 10 pm in the rain. Many of you have had on of those purchased I am guessing, but my high school auto class got it to start the next morning and they will start pulling the tank and cleaning the fuel system next week. (forgot to mention it had been setting for a long while)  

after a daylight inspection, the past owner should not have been allowed to own tools, but it is a great body to start with. I have a 100k van in my mind but a much smaller wallet, so time will tell what happens to this old girl.

It is a 1970 a100 and I am not having success loading the image so pics will follow when I get it figured out.
    douglas_sisk
    douglas_sisk

Post by douglas_sisk Sun May 15, 2016 10:03 am

Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com! - Page 16 20160412

So here is the A van on the way home and now I know how to post pics.
    Big W
    Big W

Post by Big W Sun May 15, 2016 10:38 am

Well...as they say, Good things come to those that waite. That looks like a great project for your auto class. cheers
    G-10 Ron
    G-10 Ron

Number of posts : 46
    Registration date : 2016-05-15

Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com! - Page 16 Empty New

Post by G-10 Ron Mon May 16, 2016 3:17 pm

Thanks for the ad. Do not have another van yet, but hoping to get one soon! Smile
    hdewey
    hdewey

Number of posts : 1
    Registration date : 2016-07-26

Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com! - Page 16 Empty New member and fan of Dodge A100/108

Post by hdewey Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:26 am

Hello,

I found this site a few weeks ago when I discovered Dodge A100 pickups and vans. I actually saw a Ford E100 truck not too long ago and became curious, when I saw the Dodge I was hooked. I know it was not an overly well regarded truck in its day but I think it has a unique appeal, especially in a time when everyone seems to be driving around a 50's-60's chevy, ford, gmc. I just signed up for the forum so "hello" to everyone.

I am in the market for an A100 or A108 truck now. I actually toyed with the idea of also cutting down on old rusted out A100/108 van into a double cab truck as a unique project. That's probably sacrilegious to true van fans:) I have access to a A108 for pretty cheap but its rusted in the back quarter panels and gutters pretty badly. It was sitting on a slight grade so all the water went to the back.

Any advice for finding, evaluating, pricing an A100/108 pickup would be appreciated. I am not really particular about a V8 or a Slant 6. I like the efficiency/reliability of the 6. I would like a truck to be as original as possible.

Looking forward to all the good information to be found here.
    vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:41 am

Welcome to the site! If you keep checking the A's for sale section, they get updated pretty much every day and there are plenty of helpful people on this site who are glad to offer advice. All you have to do is ask. There are also links to parts sites for Dodges', Chevy's and Fords as well. If you have questions there are plenty of people who have probably faced the same questions you have at one time or another and they are willing to share information that can save some aggravation at times. You can also use the Search tab at the top of the page to search for particular subjects that may have been covered here in the past.
    Enjoy the ride!!! Very Happy cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:37 am