VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+55
Vannin Ken
SportVan
chester42
NipRing
Scotts_A100
millwright71
ndjarrett
66 Surf Wagon
Joe Van
Wheelie
Jay 13
Chevboner
Gothboy
sandyvan
dix
the_surfing_guy
southern man
kookykrispy
Space Truckin
vanny
dodge man
thatcherworks
ScottyJones
pan58head
Big W
m1dadio
austinmodhouse
mbasaraba
Lazarusvan
mrclean
LiveWire64
sparky
SDEconoTruck
EconoCarl
Twinpilot001
Nightmoves
BILLS66
sasktrini
Scott
Digz
64chevy
wylee
wacko
RipVanArkie
wideload
DanTheVanMan
mo_1040
itruns
savage
BvrWally
Vanish
G-Man
Kakster
VANagain
donivan65
59 posters

Back to......VANagains NEWest 65 Chevy SportVan Deluxe

Space Truckin
    Space Truckin

Number of posts : 1279
    Registration date : 2009-10-17

Back to......VANagains NEWest 65 Chevy SportVan Deluxe - Page 14 Empty Re: Back to......VANagains NEWest 65 Chevy SportVan Deluxe

Post by Space Truckin Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:15 am

Looking really NICE!!! bounce
    kookykrispy
    kookykrispy

Number of posts : 1533
    Registration date : 2009-05-22

Back to......VANagains NEWest 65 Chevy SportVan Deluxe - Page 14 Empty Re: Back to......VANagains NEWest 65 Chevy SportVan Deluxe

Post by kookykrispy Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:49 pm

Killer! Looks great.
    VANagain
    VANagain

Number of posts : 1046
    Registration date : 2008-05-16

Post by VANagain Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:53 pm

Hey Wylee,

The lines on your Dodges give you more options on how to do two-tone. I like how you did yours. Different than the usual scheme.

I thought about how to have a white roof (better for the sun) but I ended up sticking with the stock two-tone scheme.

Rich
    VANagain
    VANagain

Back to......VANagains NEWest 65 Chevy SportVan Deluxe - Page 14 Empty Bellypan and skirts

Post by VANagain Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:36 pm

Got my bellypan and skirts back from powdercoating. Went with a silver/gray hammertone, which looks industrial and hides imperfections. They look awesome! And the powdercoat means I won't have to worry about chipping them when taking them off and on.

Back to......VANagains NEWest 65 Chevy SportVan Deluxe - Page 14 Bellyp11

I've got the rest of the year off work and I hope to get the van back next week!!!
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Post by vanny Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:11 am

I can't think of a better Christmas present...Unless it were mine santa rendeer

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    southern man
    southern man

Number of posts : 486
    Registration date : 2008-05-21

Post by southern man Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:34 am

Looks great!!!
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:51 am

Well Rich,,,,,,I have a pretty good looking one,,,,the knobs come off,,,,,,and I know that you are doing a quality rebuild,,,and,,,,,as to not diminish that standard,,,, my turn signal handle is yours for $500......

Back to......VANagains NEWest 65 Chevy SportVan Deluxe - Page 14 Repai343
    Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by Digz Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:18 pm

I can beat that offer !! I have this One Off Custom for half that price.
    Back to......VANagains NEWest 65 Chevy SportVan Deluxe - Page 14 Turn_s10
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:00 pm

Ok,,,,,hauled glass to the body shop today,,,,,new windshield and front door glass,,,, took apart the steering column so each section could be painted correctly,,,,and Rich picked up some finished parts,,,,looks like the end is near,,,,,,,maybe the Mayans were right,,,,,,

Back to......VANagains NEWest 65 Chevy SportVan Deluxe - Page 14 Vanaga10

Back to......VANagains NEWest 65 Chevy SportVan Deluxe - Page 14 Vanaga11

Back to......VANagains NEWest 65 Chevy SportVan Deluxe - Page 14 Vanaga13

Back to......VANagains NEWest 65 Chevy SportVan Deluxe - Page 14 Vanaga14

Back to......VANagains NEWest 65 Chevy SportVan Deluxe - Page 14 Vanaga12

Back to......VANagains NEWest 65 Chevy SportVan Deluxe - Page 14 Vanaga15

Back to......VANagains NEWest 65 Chevy SportVan Deluxe - Page 14 Vanaga16

Back to......VANagains NEWest 65 Chevy SportVan Deluxe - Page 14 Vanaga17

Back to......VANagains NEWest 65 Chevy SportVan Deluxe - Page 14 Vanaga18
    VANagain
    VANagain

Post by VANagain Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:46 pm

"The end is near"!!! LOL, Donivan! It's amazing the Mayans could have predicted this so long ago!

Don did haul glass to the body shop. Some new and some old Sportvan glass in case it's in better shape than mine. I'm real glad he was there to help me sort things out at the very end of this long undertaking. We installed tail lights in preparation for the imminent departure. He patiently hung out while I went over loose ends, like rounding up several scattered interior parts just in time for them to get in the booth to get sprayed gray.

There are just a few touch ups yet to be done. And the glass guy says he can't get there until Wednesday (long weekend for Xmas!) to install the windshield and the side windows. I'll probably spend some time there again tomorrow putting the steering column back together now that it's painted. And there are plenty of parts I can prep here at home over the weekend.

VERY EXCITING!!

Thanks Don!
    vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:15 am

Sounds like Doni has the true giving spirit year round. Seems like he always goes the extra mile to help out fellow vanners. No coal in his stocking for sure. The van is looking Awesome!!!

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    64chevy
    64chevy

Number of posts : 364
    Registration date : 2008-05-18

Post by 64chevy Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:55 am

Hopefully Don will be there with his spare gas can full when the time comes for the drive home.

donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:22 am

We were ready to take it home,,,,brought the glass so the glassman could put it in,,,,but he did not show up,,,but we would have taken it anyway,,,,we had gas cans and tow bar, but there were a few more things still left to be done,,,,,,,and then,,,Rich made the list longer while he was checking out the van,,,,,so the van is close to coming home,,,,
    the_surfing_guy
    the_surfing_guy

Number of posts : 409
    Registration date : 2012-08-15

Post by the_surfing_guy Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:54 am

VANagain wrote:"The end is near"!!! LOL, Donivan! It's amazing the Mayans could have predicted this so long ago!

Don did haul glass to the body shop. Some new and some old Sportvan glass in case it's in better shape than mine. I'm real glad he was there to help me sort things out at the very end of this long undertaking. We installed tail lights in preparation for the imminent departure. He patiently hung out while I went over loose ends, like rounding up several scattered interior parts just in time for them to get in the booth to get sprayed gray.

There are just a few touch ups yet to be done. And the glass guy says he can't get there until Wednesday (long weekend for Xmas!) to install the windshield and the side windows. I'll probably spend some time there again tomorrow putting the steering column back together now that it's painted. And there are plenty of parts I can prep here at home over the weekend.

VERY EXCITING!!

Thanks Don!

Congrats! Can't wait to see this masterpiece!
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8732
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by dix Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:01 pm

now that is looking to be a head turner,....

Number of posts : 526
    Registration date : 2011-03-13

Post by sandyvan Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:31 pm

That is going to look killer! Are you going to go without an emblem on the front? It looks like the holes have been filled.

I need to get measurements off your belly pan for the sway bar cuts. My previous owner bought one off e-bay and it was from a van with no sway bar.
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:33 pm

It is Christmas Eve,,,,,Rich is at the body shop right now, probably telling the guys,,,,,don't close up yet,,,,just let me put one more part back on my van.......
    vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:39 pm

Gotta love that enthusiasm! Like a kid on Christmas morning. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all VV's and their families. santa

VANagain
    VANagain

Post by VANagain Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:48 pm

Yes, I was at the body shop today until they closed up shop. I was working at my usual meticulous pace, getting it drivable again for the big day (hopefully later this week!). Bolted in the drivers seat and started on the seat belts. Replaced my rusty shifter arm with a nice shiny one from Don. Put the freshly-painted steering column back in place, along with a new turn signal assembly, also from Don.

There are still some paint touch ups that need to be done, mainly picky stuff around the two-tone. And, cleverly, they've left painting the streering wheel for last!! (They need to finish fixing the cracks they filled, then paint the two colors.)

I'll post some photos tomorrow.
    VANagain
    VANagain

Post by VANagain Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:55 pm

Oh yeah, I'll be putting the Chevy emblem on the front. The holes are there but got a bit smaller from a the paint. I had it rechromed and have to decide what color to paint the middle. It's supposed to be that orange-red, along with the centerline on the Deluxe trim. For a while I was thinking of not painting them at all, but lately I'm leaning towards the stock color. Looks like it will go well with the turquoise.

I don't know what's up with those guys that remove the Chevy sign from their van,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:02 pm

I don't know what's up with the guy that has to have tons of chrome on his van,,,,,,
    VANagain
    VANagain

Post by VANagain Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:04 pm

Here are some photos of some freshly-painted goodies! Bumper brackets that I sandblasted long ago:

Back to......VANagains NEWest 65 Chevy SportVan Deluxe - Page 14 Img_1010

I see a lot of interior stuff painted black but I matched the gray that was on my heater vents. It's dark enough but a bit more interesting than black. I wanted it to have a bit of that hammertone look but was afraid it would come out real lumpy. Lumpy is good on the belly pan but I'm glad I just went with metallic gray on the interior stuff.

Back to......VANagains NEWest 65 Chevy SportVan Deluxe - Page 14 Img_1011

Back to......VANagains NEWest 65 Chevy SportVan Deluxe - Page 14 Img_1012
    wideload
    wideload
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 1388
    Registration date : 2008-05-11

Post by wideload Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:15 pm

Really looking good!!!!!!!!!

vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:20 pm

Everything looks FANTASTIC! Can't wait to see the complete package. Congrats to Rich and all the people who are putting in the extra touches to make his vision come true. A Christmas Miracle!

sandyvan
    sandyvan

Number of posts : 526
    Registration date : 2011-03-13

Post by sandyvan Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:27 pm

Mine has the orange, badly faded, but it looks good with the gold paint. You could get some kid's washable paints at Michaels and try different combos

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:07 pm