VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Turn signal housing on column

Van crazy

Number of posts : 533
    Registration date : 2011-08-04

Turn signal housing on column - Page 2 Empty Re: Turn signal housing on column

Post by Van crazy Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:50 pm

the slit suposed to be there or is that broken thinking it to be there as to when you tighten it up it grabs the shaft tight as it wedges the bearing
    Van crazy

Post by Van crazy Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:09 am

Im using this conduit at work that kinda looks like that its plastic I think I will try one after work its for 3/4 plastic flex conduit and it tightens up on it when you tighten nut down. I think I might be on to something I will let you know how I make out later.
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:09 am

...it is slotted,,,,,,,,,,is it just stuck in the old bearing????
    Van crazy

Post by Van crazy Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:23 pm

So this is what I came up with it seems to work. Zero play in the wheel and that was with the wheel not on all the way down I didnt put the nut on Im not ready to install yet . So all we can do is wait to drive to see if it holds up. The sleeve was riding with the shaft and bearing so it should hold up Im thinking. Thanks for the info Donivan I would never have even known about that little wedge.[/img]Turn signal housing on column - Page 2 Steeri24[/url]/18/28/94/67/steeri23.jpg" />

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 5:50 am