VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Front Turn Signal lenses interchange for second Gen?

AzDon
    AzDon

Number of posts : 742
    Registration date : 2014-01-20

Front Turn Signal lenses interchange for second Gen? Empty Front Turn Signal lenses interchange for second Gen?

Post by AzDon Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:51 pm

I'd like to get new front lenses for my 69......I can verify that side marker lenses are the same dimensions and screw spacing, but would be recessed substantially....
    I prefer stock fitment, but I will consider filing the edges of 80's era side marker lenses to stack atop the stock ones.... The same could also be done in the rear for the taillights, but the marker lenses are too short....
    Somebody suggested that 69-70 c10 lenses might fit the front, but he was uncertain...
    uncle ron
    uncle ron

Number of posts : 91
    Registration date : 2012-05-31

Front Turn Signal lenses interchange for second Gen? Empty turn signal lens

Post by uncle ron Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:54 pm

I used replacement Chevy truck side marker lights , they're LED and very bright .Front Turn Signal lenses interchange for second Gen? 20510

savage, mo_1040 and chiefcrewdog like this post

chiefcrewdog
    chiefcrewdog

Number of posts : 27
    Registration date : 2017-11-29

Front Turn Signal lenses interchange for second Gen? Empty Re: Front Turn Signal lenses interchange for second Gen?

Post by chiefcrewdog Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:11 am

Hi Don, I used C10 lenses up front. They are wider overall BUT the screw spacing, gasket area and shape is perfect. I simply cut off the extra width from both sides. They look good BUT they don't have the side ridge and the top ridge isn't as pronounced as the van part. But if I didn't tell you what the differences are, most might not catch it. In the rear, its a mix of truck and suburban lenses. The sides markers are just truck stuff.
    chiefcrewdog
    chiefcrewdog

Number of posts : 27
    Registration date : 2017-11-29

Front Turn Signal lenses interchange for second Gen? Empty Re: Front Turn Signal lenses interchange for second Gen?

Post by chiefcrewdog Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:13 am

And I do like the look of the side marker lights.. Spanky!
    AzDon
    AzDon

Number of posts : 742
    Registration date : 2014-01-20

Post by AzDon Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:05 pm

I'm considering getting a pair of the amber side marker lights and cutting down the edges so they fit within the ridge ring of the stock lenses and just use longer screws....
    I also bought clear epoxy and translucent dyes that I could use to fill up the lenses to that perimeter ring (about a quarter of an inch).....

chiefcrewdog likes this post

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:42 am