VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

Side trim and turn signal lenses

Pdxgeo
    Pdxgeo

Number of posts : 18
    Registration date : 2016-11-27

Side trim and turn signal lenses Empty Side trim and turn signal lenses

Post by Pdxgeo Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:39 am

Hi all, I have a 67 SWB Falcon van and Im not sure if this model originally came with the side moldings that had the spear tips at the front edge.

In either case I really like the look of that trim and wonder if anyone has a set they'd sell or if there is a repro out there that looks good.

Also I have a question regarding the front turn signal light lenses...some photos online seem to show chrome bezels to those and others (including my own) are all just orange (or clear) plastic. Does anyone know where a chrome set might be found?

thanks
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Side trim and turn signal lenses Empty Re: Side trim and turn signal lenses

Post by vanny Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:48 pm

Try sending a Private message to EconoUSAparts (Tim Brogan). He sells parts but stock depends on what he has available. He buys a lot of parts vans and sells usable parts.

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    bluesprint260
    bluesprint260

Number of posts : 41
    Registration date : 2018-06-22

Post by bluesprint260 Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:28 pm

When I started restoring my van a year and a half ago I came across a company that was making reproductions of the side moulding. I seem to remember it was in Florida or south Carolina. I thought the price was reasonable and was considering it for my van but it wasnt really appropriate for the year that I have. I unfortunately can't find the company. They had some econoline body panels if I remember correctly. Sorry I can't give you more. They were for the 6 door window van... not the panel I think.
    Seth G
    Seth G
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager

Number of posts : 2086
    Registration date : 2013-04-24

Post by Seth G Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:43 pm

I seem to remember a guy on forum here that had reman trim in the last few years. I don't remember who, it was a build. I seem to think he was in AZ or the SW somewhere, but I could be way off base on that.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 6:23 am