VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+27
EconoCarl
austinmodhouse
Van Halen
dix
RodStRace
toad
lectricman
Magic Bus
wylee
texasjohn
BILLS66
EconoUSAparts
Hemi A-100
crazee
benwah
Nightmoves
DanTheVanMan
Admin
wideload
savage
Digz
donivan65
Kakster
sasktrini
wacko
RipVanArkie
G-Man
31 posters

MY 61 ECONOLINE P/U IN PROGRESS

MY 61 ECONOLINE P/U IN PROGRESS - Page 6 Empty Re: MY 61 ECONOLINE P/U IN PROGRESS

Post by Guest Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:33 pm

She ran great all weekend! I'm stoked! Air bags ride a little rough, but steering and handling are way better than I expected.
    BILLS66
    BILLS66

Number of posts : 1383
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

MY 61 ECONOLINE P/U IN PROGRESS - Page 6 Empty Re: MY 61 ECONOLINE P/U IN PROGRESS

Post by BILLS66 Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:36 pm

Thats great now you can tweak it while you drive it before paint. Bill
    EconoCarl
    EconoCarl

Number of posts : 1109
    Registration date : 2008-05-19

Post by EconoCarl Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:22 am

Good to meet you and your wife Gabe. Hope to see y'all at Seguin in June.
    Here's a pic at Mercury Charlie's party yesterday:
    MY 61 ECONOLINE P/U IN PROGRESS - Page 6 100_2110
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Number of posts : 2067
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Post by sasktrini Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:01 am

looks great... haven't seen your thread in a while, excellent finish!!!

Post by Guest Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:50 pm

crowen57 wrote:Good to meet you and your wife Gabe. Hope to see y'all at Seguin in June.
    Here's a pic at Mercury Charlie's party yesterday:
    MY 61 ECONOLINE P/U IN PROGRESS - Page 6 100_2110
    Was glad to meet ya Carl. Hope you had a good trip back. From what I saw of your van, you shouldn't have had any problems. I still can't believe how fast you got all that work done. Better get that A/C in quick! I suspect its gonna get hot real soon.
    Will see what bugs I can get worked out of the truck, and then plan our next event to go to. Have a great one......

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:09 pm

Hey everyone, gonna try and post some pics. Hope they work. Hars to figure out from my HTC. Truck has been running great. Not much else done to it since I hqve started to build a 51 chevy styleline that I bought for my 13 year old son Cody. He is super excited, and I am too! Its been fun letting him do the work while teaching him. I guess its one of those father-son things that really makes me happy. Any way, more updates soon. Hope these pics work. Gabe

[img]MY 61 ECONOLINE P/U IN PROGRESS - Page 6 Imag0310[/img]
    [img]MY 61 ECONOLINE P/U IN PROGRESS - Page 6 21621810[/img] me and Junior Brown! Too cool![img]MY 61 ECONOLINE P/U IN PROGRESS - Page 6 Imag0510[/img] This is getting rediculous!!![img]MY 61 ECONOLINE P/U IN PROGRESS - Page 6 28259410[/img]

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:59 pm

I like the way you did the headlight bezels. Did you weld that mesh onto the bezels or are they two separate piece? That grill is awesome.

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:33 pm

That is perforated aluminum that I cut out and had polished. The headlight bezel just holds it in place against the body. Worked pretty good.

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:45 pm

Cool thanks. I am going with four round headlights and was trying to figure out how to do the bezels.
    Linoman
    Linoman

Number of posts : 329
    Registration date : 2010-06-14

Post by Linoman Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:19 am

Balcones1 ~ just went through this thread for the first time, most excellent!
    I've been thinking about a wrap around bumper for my Super 8, like the looks of that 52 Merc on the front of yours did you need to do much fabricating to the bumper it self?
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:52 am

Got to have Flames on the sides with that grille!!
    southern man
    southern man

Number of posts : 486
    Registration date : 2008-05-21

Post by southern man Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:28 pm

Cool truck AND Jr Brown! You're livin' large!
    Casimier
    Casimier

Number of posts : 864
    Registration date : 2010-07-26

Post by Casimier Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:47 am

Balcones

Thanks for allowing me to see the impossible turn possible.

Jim

Post by Guest Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:56 pm

Hey everybody, is been a long time! I'm still driving the wheels off the truck, and made a couple more mods to it. Just got a 69 G90 van in the family and it is our next project. I'm gonna post on the G forum to get y'all's help with the parts for the rebuild.Will post pics of my truck, and the new G member as soon as I remember how to.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:51 am