VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

introduction

introduction Empty introduction

Post by Guest Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:36 am

hey hey ,,
    checker Jim here from Las Vegas NV. been checking out your site and its cool to see there is still a big classic van following.. I have a 1972 dodge tradesman 100. dad bought it new in 1972 and after he passed I ended up with it.. its a family treasure I actualy came home from the hospital in that van the day I was born.. I am going thru it to restore it..
    will get some pics up soon..
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

introduction Empty Re: introduction

Post by G-Man Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:48 am

Welcome checker Jim!!!

Post by Guest Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:53 pm

hey Jim that was fast! welcome !
    (i found Jim on a ratrod forum Wink )
    by the way ya got mail there Smile
    hywaychild
    hywaychild

Number of posts : 389
    Registration date : 2008-05-27

Post by hywaychild Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:29 pm

welcome jim can't wait to see them pix
    Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Number of posts : 5155
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

Post by Vanish Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:29 pm

WELCOME IN JIM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sasktrini
    sasktrini

Number of posts : 2067
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Post by sasktrini Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:59 pm

Hanging around with this group, I've come to appreciate the Vintage models more, shunning the 80's to rescue a couple 60's first gens! Welcome! Watch out for Council of Councils evants in Vegas next year... surely there will be some vintage van iron, van fun, and awesome vanners to meet!

Post by Guest Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:25 am

here ya go.. the first shot is my 72 b100... built 318 in it.. fast van.. this is the one I grew up in..
    introduction IMAGE_017

and this is my daily its an 86 b250 conversion same 318 but with a 2 bbl carb.. so its no too bad on the gas..

introduction Van1
    introduction Van4
    introduction Van3

Post by Guest Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:28 pm

no love on the B bodies around here huh?

just kidding.. might pick up an A one day but I like the shorty B the best..

Post by Guest Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:00 am

Heck...I have a '72 Sportsman maxi. I like it alot.

Welcome to Vintage Vans!

Post by Guest Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:00 am

Welcome Jim! I have a 1977 Dodge B200 shorty windowless cargo.

Post by Guest Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:48 pm

my 72 used to have no windows. my dad cut in the side windows back in the early 90's... I would love to take them back out but I realy like the patina.. not looking forward to having to paint it.. pops painted it back in 73 and still has that same paint job....

Post by Guest Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:07 am

Jim, you're very lucky to own your dad's van. My father took me to the Dodge dealer with him in 1977, to order a new black shorty with no windows and chrome bumpers. It was sold in 1978. So I bought a '77 years later, when I found one with no holes cut in the body. It's a sentimental reason that you probably understand.

Post by Guest Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:24 pm

that I do...understand that is...I actualy bought my 86 to rape all of the goodies from to stick into my 72 but after driving the 86 home...with the cold A/C and it handles like a dream..... I just fell in love with it and couldnt bring myself to butcher the ol' beast.. so now I sold off all of my other cars and drive the hell out of it.. couldnt ask for a better van.. I actualy camped out in it the other night and was amazed at how comfortable it was.. its an El Kapitan conversion ... and my hat is off to them. the van only has 120k original miles on it and has always been serviced regularly and the thing drives like new. honestly I drive it more than my infinity Q45. I am amazed to this day that SUV's outsell vans. it is my home away from home. I have TV, satellite radio, cold A/C ... and I am getting around 12- 16 miles to the gallon.. Yes I LOVE MY VAN!

Post by Guest Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:37 am

Welcome Checker Jim.

I used to drive a 1986 Dodge B150 short bed myself. I bought it new as a cargo van (empty inside). It had a slant 6 with automatic and no air. I did a lot of work to the inside (which I hope to post here someday). I traded it for a 96 grand caravan (you know kids and all that). It had 180k on it everything original excetp the usuall stuff. I really liked it and don't blame you in the least for not wanting to gut yours. Any way welcome to the site!!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 10:35 am