VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+4
Big W
G-Man
Vanish
Seth G
8 posters

Introduction, New Econoline Owner :)

Seth G
    Seth G
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager

Number of posts : 2086
    Registration date : 2013-04-24

Introduction, New Econoline Owner :) Empty Introduction, New Econoline Owner :)

Post by Seth G Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:03 pm

Hi, I'm Seth and I've recently aquired a '64 Econoline Panel Van. The van has been driven by a good friend of mine for the last 20 years or so. Well he was ready to let it go and for $700 I jumped on it. But it needs alot of love.

It was barely running when I bought it. So far I've rebuilt the carb, replaced a bunch of hoses and grommets, etc, new plugs, wires, points, filters, oil, fixed some wiring issues to the brake lights and signals, greased the ever loving sh*t out of the king pins and anything else with a zerk, replaced the shocks, and soon will replace the tires valve stems.

It's running pretty descent. And I have been tooling around town in it and loving it! lol

So, this site looks to be a great resource for the vintage Econoline owner and I'm very happy to have found it!

One thing that is kind of on the front burner with this van is the drivers side wing window(and the other one ftm). It's latch is snapped off(due to piss poor replacement gasket I suspect), I have all the bits but the frame is rusted VERY badly at the front bottom curved part inside to the point it's "mushrooming". I need to either find another one or somehow "repair" this one. And the other wing is OK(no seal) but it's glass is gone and it has a piece of plexi cut and fit in there. Is this glass available? Is it just flat glass? How would I go about removing the glass from the drivers side frame if I wanted to try and repair it? Where could I even find one of these vent windows?

Again hello! and thanks,

-Seth

Introduction, New Econoline Owner :) Imag0214gi

Introduction, New Econoline Owner :) Imag0215ag

Introduction, New Econoline Owner :) Imag0216fq
    Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Number of posts : 5155
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

Introduction, New Econoline Owner :) Empty Re: Introduction, New Econoline Owner :)

Post by Vanish Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:05 pm

Seth .. WELCOME IN !!!! GREAT LOOKING VAN YOU HAVE THERE !!!!!! CONGRATS !!!!!!

G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Introduction, New Econoline Owner :) Empty Re: Introduction, New Econoline Owner :)

Post by G-Man Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:12 pm

Welcome to VV!!!, one of the econo guy should be able to help with that glass. Nice van
    Big W
    Big W

Number of posts : 3282
    Registration date : 2011-01-13

Post by Big W Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:16 pm

Welcome to VV Seth. Nice looking van, seems pretty straight from your pics. The experts will chime in soon in regards to your wing window issue, as I have not had a problem with mine "yet". But my handles are loose and curious to see what the answer is to fixing these. You have come to the right place for help.
    Carl

Number of posts : 143
    Registration date : 2011-01-25

Introduction, New Econoline Owner :) Empty Re: wing window

Post by Carl Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:48 pm

I was able to get a good used wing window with the frame and latch using www.uneedapart.com or www.getusedparts.com
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Post by vanny Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:30 am

welcome aboard Seth. You came to the right place. Lots of helpful people here. Nice van for a Great Price!

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    NoBiggie
    NoBiggie

Number of posts : 726
    Registration date : 2012-09-26

Post by NoBiggie Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:23 am

Welcome! Lot's of help and great info here to get your van just like you want it!
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8729
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by dix Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:40 pm

that looks like a great deal for that price. welcome to vintage vans , the blue ovel gang will always steer you in the right direction...

Number of posts : 2086
    Registration date : 2013-04-24

Post by Seth G Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:38 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody. This looks to be a great forum.

Carl, I used your tip and got a contact for the vent glass. I haven't called them yet so I'm not sure if it's with or without the frame, and they said right side so I assume they meant passenger but need to call to verify. Still looking for the drivers frame.
    Carl

Number of posts : 143
    Registration date : 2011-01-25

Introduction, New Econoline Owner :) Empty vent window glass/frame

Post by Carl Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:43 pm

Was checking ebay, have both. go to www.ebaymotors.com -pick Parts & accessories, then in there under "vintage car & truck parts" -pick "glass" -scroll down, have "61-66 ford van vent window glass right side" $22.50 and further down: "1961-1967 ford econoline LH door vent window glass and frame" $32.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:28 am