VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Rear door glass removal

Keith D
    Keith D

Number of posts : 405
    Registration date : 2016-11-25

Rear door glass removal Empty Rear door glass removal

Post by Keith D Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:54 pm

I need to get the windows (non pop out style) out of the rear doors. I don't want to break the glass or damage the doors. I won't be reusing the rubber so it is expendable.

Any suggestions on the best way to get the glass out would be appreciated.
    slowflapper
    slowflapper

Number of posts : 956
    Registration date : 2010-07-29

Rear door glass removal Empty Re: Rear door glass removal

Post by slowflapper Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:33 pm

If the rubber is still pliable just start at the top (inside or outside) and start peeling/rolling the gasket down with your fingers. The glass isn't seated far in there and you can basically roll the gasket back a little at a time and slide the window out. I did it by myself and didn't damage the gaskets, if your gaskets are shot just cut them out but certainly don't cut them if they are still soft. and don't drop the glass!

Keith D
    Keith D

Number of posts : 405
    Registration date : 2016-11-25

Post by Keith D Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:52 pm

slowflapper wrote:If the rubber is still pliable just start at the top (inside or outside) and start peeling/rolling the gasket down with your fingers. The glass isn't seated far in there and you can basically roll the gasket back a little at a time and slide the window out. I did it by myself and didn't damage the gaskets, if your gaskets are shot just cut them out but certainly don't cut them if they are still soft. and don't drop the glass!

Thanks for the info... I will give it a try tomorrow.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 1:48 am