VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Gas cap interchange question

vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Gas cap interchange question  Empty Gas cap interchange question

Post by vanny Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:22 am

Can someone tell me if a 1966 bronco gas cap will work on a 66 econoline? Scott Drake makes a vented billet fuel cap for a 66 bronco but they don’t have an interchange list for it... scratch

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    jrdunn96
    jrdunn96

Number of posts : 690
    Registration date : 2016-01-01

Gas cap interchange question  Empty Re: Gas cap interchange question

Post by jrdunn96 Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:58 am

Short answer: No, I cannot.  Long answer: Ford part number for the '66 Econoline locking gas cap(the only gas cap that my parts manual shows) C4RZ-9030-C.  I looked at Rock Auto.  For Stant locking gas cap; Econoline - 10483, Bronco - 10491.  According to their description the only difference is that 10483 has an outside diameter of 3.83" and 10491 has an outside diameter of 2.63".  It gets more interesting.  10483 says it is a replacement for C4RZ-9030-A.  10491 says it is a replacement for C4RZ-9030C(the one that my parts manual says is the part for the Econoline).

Disclamer:This the area where I get a lawyer to write that you are on your own.  Any information that I have provided is something that I read or heard somewhere else and is by no means infallible.  If you burst into flames while reading it or any time thereafter, I didn't do it!
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Post by vanny Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:09 am

You’re too funny!!! Thanks for the info and the disclaimer, my sister is a lawyer and she’d laugh if I went up in flames!!! Must be all the lawyer jokes I send her way!

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:36 pm