VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

1st gen body panel parts on eBay

dougw1
    dougw1

Number of posts : 29
    Registration date : 2017-04-05

1st gen body panel parts on eBay Empty Body Panels

Post by dougw1 Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:06 pm

I got some corner panels this winter, passenger rocker under side doors, driver & passenger fenders over the rear wheels from ABS (Auto Body Specialties Middlefield, Connecticut). They are made by Schott Metal Products in Akron Oh. There is also a panel for the drivers side rocker but it's pretty big, I didn't need it, just the bottom. They don't list the corners but I got the corners from 'ammuscle' on ebay.
    They measure 0.040" which from what I have found is 19 or 20 gauge.
    These are listed on the tag Schott put on them as 63-70 Chevy Van. They have marker light & backup light holes in them so I will have to fill these in for my 65.
    These are not exact but they will be a lot easier than making from scratch. Most of my rust is below the lip so it shouldn't be too bad to match up. Gota find my old body shop buddy & get him over for some guidance & help, just have to hide the beer until after.
    dougw1
    dougw1

1st gen body panel parts on eBay Empty Re: 1st gen body panel parts on eBay

Post by dougw1 Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:42 pm

Here is a link to the store for American Muscle Car Parts on eBay. Not sure why the other link stopped working. Look on the left for the 'Chevy GMC Van' tab & it will take you to the parts for vans by year.
    http://stores.ebay.ca/americanmusclecarparts?ssPageName=STRK:null:MESST&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2653

http://stores.ebay.ca/American-Muscle-Car-Parts/1963-70-/_i.html?_fsub=2098150017&_sid=103178737&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

Space Truckin wrote:^^^link does not work^^^
    Space Truckin
    Space Truckin

Number of posts : 1279
    Registration date : 2009-10-17

Post by Space Truckin Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:02 am

^^^link does not work^^^
    Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by Digz Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:24 am

To me it seemed okay. Multiple tack welds was the way I did it. I have a section of another panel I have kept around and I believe the gauge is pretty close if not the same. Rockers seem oversized as a rule. Not an oem replacement but more of a patch panel that may be made to overlap some of the existing metal.
    dougw1
    dougw1

Post by dougw1 Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:41 pm

How was it compared to the tin on your van? Was it similar thickness or thinner, what was it like to weld in-place?
    Thanks
    Digz wrote:I bought a tear corner from them once. I don't think they make the parts but buy stock from mill and Sherman ,
    Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by Digz Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:27 pm

I bought a tear corner from them once. I don't think they make the parts but buy stock from mill and Sherman ,
    dougw1
    dougw1

1st gen body panel parts on eBay Empty 1st gen body panel parts on eBay

Post by dougw1 Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:37 pm

Has anyone had anything to do with American Muscle Car Parts on eBay? I found that they have rockers, cab corners etc listed & say they are made in the US. They claim to be thicker material which most offshore stuff is thinner I'm told. Not sure if the link will work as it is from my eBay page.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Chevrolet-Che...&pwid=ammuscle

'Top quality reproduction panel depicted as item TSP5L for 112" wheelbase (can be shortened for 90" wheel base). Can also be sued to patch a portion of the driver side. Made from heavy gauge steel for easy weld without warp.
    Measures 29" high by 74" long.'

Item specifics

Condition: New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item in its original packaging (where packaging is applicable). Packaging should be the same as what is found in a retail store, unless the item was packaged by the manufacturer in non-retail packaging, such as an unprinted box or plastic bag. See the seller's listing for full details. See all condition definitions Manufacturer Part Number: TSP5R
    Interchange Part Number: Chevy van 1963,1964,1965,1966,1967,1968,1969,1970 Part Brand: SCHOTT
    Other Part Number: 1968,1969,1970 Country of Manufacture: United States

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 6:40 am