VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Reverse Lights!

62stationbus
    62stationbus

Number of posts : 21
    Registration date : 2017-01-10

Reverse Lights! Empty Reverse Lights!

Post by 62stationbus Sat May 27, 2017 8:23 pm

Where I live , sometimes it takes me 30-40 minutes to drive 8 miles on the freeway to work. Mostly due to people who learned how to drive and navigate from some video they are currently watching on youtube while they are driving . A few weeks ago in the parking lot of the grocery store we attend, I was honked at and verbally abused by a soccer mom while backing out of a parking space. She honked, mouthed a dirty word or two, all because she was going mach 7 in a parking lot and the reverse lights were out on my wife's volvo , soccer mom let me know the lights were out.This got me thinking about reverse lights on my van and how much i like my paint job! Anyhow, i found these LED trailer lights on etrailer for $32.00 ea.
    I bought one to try out on the van. They have stop,turn,running and reverse lights. I managed to take them apart and get to the board. The board fits under the factory lens perfectly. I have a floor mounted shifter that has a neutral safety switch i wired the reverse light to, everything else wired straight to the factory plug. I like the results, check out the pictures. i bored a 1.25" hole through a tail light lense and then glued in a polished piece of acrylic for the reverse light.. what do you think?[[[img]Reverse Lights! May_2024[/img]img]Reverse Lights! May_2020[/img][img]Reverse Lights! May_2022[/img]img]Reverse Lights! May_2018[/img][img]Reverse Lights! May_2021[/img][[img]Reverse Lights! May_2016[/img][img]Reverse Lights! May_2017[/img]img]Reverse Lights! May_2014[/img]h[img]Reverse Lights! May_2015[/img][img]Reverse Lights! May_2013[/img][img]Reverse Lights! May_2010[/img][img]Reverse Lights! May_2011[/img]
    Marq
    Marq

Number of posts : 89
    Registration date : 2017-04-09

Reverse Lights! Empty Re: Reverse Lights!

Post by Marq Sun May 28, 2017 1:24 pm

That is an excellent mod, to be honest I didn't even think that the trucks didn't have back up lights?

In the one picture there is a clear lens with 4 circles, what is that?

You should also post the part number/link for reference!
    62stationbus
    62stationbus

Post by 62stationbus Sun May 28, 2017 1:36 pm

vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14778
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Post by vanny Sun May 28, 2017 3:56 pm

That looks nice and bright! Good job! I may have asked you this before, but what color is your van? Looks GREAT!!! cheers Twisted Evil

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    62stationbus
    62stationbus

Post by 62stationbus Sun May 28, 2017 9:35 pm

It's the paint code from a 2014 grabber blue mustang

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 12, 2024 3:22 am