VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Aftermarket Intake Manifolds

lws67
    lws67

Number of posts : 193
    Registration date : 2012-06-20

Aftermarket Intake Manifolds Empty Aftermarket Intake Manifolds

Post by lws67 Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:50 am

Just looking for help from those who are running an aluminum intake on a 318/360 engine.  Eyeing a Weiand Action+ or Edelbrock Performer w/spread bore carb mounting. I want to run the Thermoquad, and need to know about clearance issues with the doghouse cover, if any, and what sort of air cleaner you're using. Dont have the engine swapped yet, still sourcing everything. Thanks
    Dan Scully
    Dan Scully

Number of posts : 254
    Registration date : 2016-07-30

Aftermarket Intake Manifolds Empty Intake

Post by Dan Scully Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:24 pm

lws67 wrote:Just looking for help from those who are running an aluminum intake on a 318/360 engine.  Eyeing a Weiand Action+ or Edelbrock Performer w/spread bore carb mounting. I want to run the Thermoquad, and need to know about clearance issues with the doghouse cover, if any, and what sort of air cleaner you're using. Dont have the engine swapped yet, still sourcing everything. Thanks

I,am running a Edelbrock performer with a early carter.The air cleaner is a early 361 383 unsilenced  which I think is the same as the the 65-67 Hi Po 273 engine. Going to chrome it to make the engine look a 273 HiPo. That air cleaner clears with the hold rod clip removed .I a,m going to move the clip to the side of the engine coverAftermarket Intake Manifolds 20161115
    rustytoolss
    rustytoolss

Number of posts : 624
    Registration date : 2013-07-19

Aftermarket Intake Manifolds Empty Re: Aftermarket Intake Manifolds

Post by rustytoolss Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:53 pm

I use an Edelbrock Performer on my 273, with a Edelbrock AVS Thunder series carb. I had problems finding a low profile air cleaner housing, that would clear the dog house lid. I ended up using a 1984-86 camaro 305 air cleaner housing. But I still had to remove one of the X brace legs from under the lid.
    As far as the weiand action plus intake. They are  taller (I had one, and could not use it under the lid of my A100).  I would not try it. Go to summitracing.com There catalog will show the manifold heights...good luck
    lws67
    lws67

Number of posts : 193
    Registration date : 2012-06-20

Post by lws67 Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:45 pm

Will likely go with the Edelbrock, and it does have the coil mount bosses vs the Weiand. Anyone know how the height of a Thermoquad compares to AFB/AVS's??

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 3:37 am