VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+3
JackeFriend
OutofSight
Vanquished
7 posters

Im gonna try to start posting, and stop lurking

Vanquished
    Vanquished

Number of posts : 13
    Registration date : 2015-06-01

Im gonna try to start posting, and stop lurking Empty Im gonna try to start posting, and stop lurking

Post by Vanquished Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:21 am

Im gonna try to start posting, and stop lurking Img_0513
    T

Im gonna try to start posting, and stop lurking Img_0510
    Vanquished
    Vanquished

Im gonna try to start posting, and stop lurking Empty Re: Im gonna try to start posting, and stop lurking

Post by Vanquished Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:28 am

Im gonna try to start posting, and stop lurking Img_0516
    Im gonna try to start posting, and stop lurking Img_0511
    Im gonna try to start posting, and stop lurking Img_0514
    Im gonna try to start posting, and stop lurking Img_0512
    Im gonna try to start posting, and stop lurking Img_0515
    Im gonna try to start posting, and stop lurking Img_0513
    Vanquished
    Vanquished

Im gonna try to start posting, and stop lurking Empty Re: Im gonna try to start posting, and stop lurking

Post by Vanquished Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:33 am

Im gonna try to start posting, and stop lurking Img_5710
    The
    Im gonna try to start posting, and stop lurking Img_5711

I just reimported your pics at the 640 pixel settings so the pics wouldn't get cut off and resaved the sideways ones with Microsoft paint so they'd be upright.
    Vanny

BTW, did you buy that van in Fitchburg? I listed that one on this site because I saw it at Kimball Farms on Cruise Night...That was a Great Looking Ride. I'm glad someone from this site bought it! Congrats on a Vantastic Score!!!
    OutofSight
    OutofSight

Number of posts : 1558
    Registration date : 2015-11-19

Post by OutofSight Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:52 am

Well, your off to a great start! Beautiful van sir!!
    Vanquished
    Vanquished

Post by Vanquished Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:15 am

Thank you! I got this about a year and a half ago. I've been doing a lot of work on it, mostly mechanical type things. This summer I dropped and cleaned out the gas tank, put on all new lines. Put on a new HEI distributor, put in 2 new style fuse blocks, and new alternator. I did some wiring, still more to do. Last thing I did last week was the valve covers, it's a 69 corvette 350, so I found the vintage corvette flag covers and sanded and polished them up, then repainted the logos. It's been keeping me busy.
    JackeFriend
    JackeFriend

Number of posts : 940
    Registration date : 2016-05-06

Post by JackeFriend Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:44 am

Vanquished wrote:Thank you!  I got this about a year and a half ago.  I've been doing a lot of work on it, mostly mechanical type things. This summer I dropped and cleaned out the gas tank, put on all new lines. Put on a new HEI distributor,  put in 2 new style fuse blocks, and new alternator. I did some wiring, still more to do.  Last thing I did last week was the valve covers, it's a 69 corvette 350, so I found the vintage corvette flag covers and sanded and polished them up, then repainted the logos.  It's been keeping me busy.  

I have had my van about the same amount of time. Seems a project is always around the corner. Nice looking van! Mine has a 69 Camaro 350. Just re-cored the 4 core radiator to help keep it cool. I did a lot of work... it is listed on my page. still working on everything. I see the light at the end of the tunnel cheers Good Luck!
    boogieman
    boogieman

Number of posts : 69
    Registration date : 2015-10-12

Post by boogieman Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:20 am

super nice looking van! i like the headliner idea..whats going on there?
    Vanquished
    Vanquished

Post by Vanquished Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:11 am

Thanks. The headliner is a few sections of some black pleated vinyl. Some of the interior walls are done the same.
    uante
    uante

Number of posts : 1466
    Registration date : 2014-01-26

Post by uante Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:31 pm

Looks Great! Especially like the floor, Nice.
    kaz
    kaz

Number of posts : 114
    Registration date : 2012-07-28

Post by kaz Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:20 pm

Well that's spectacular awesome job I'm so jealous
    Vanquished
    Vanquished

Post by Vanquished Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:16 pm

This was the van from Fitchburg. It was a great looking van, the body work was done and the interior. It just needed some electrical, and engine refreshing and updating. I did get the rear bumper straightened and rechromed. I have done a million "small" projects on it that needed to be done. It still has a few bugs to work out this winter. I plan on replacing the radiator with a new aluminum one to cool this beast down. I need to take the play out of the steering. And I would love to upgrade the brakes to discs, but we'll see. It's a very fun ride.
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Post by vanny Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:24 pm

Congrats on a Great Buy! Disc brakes is definitely something to shoot for, especially with a V8! Needs to be able to stop as well as it goes... Very Happy cheers

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Post by vanny Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:26 pm

Would love to see a close-up pic of the shifter set up when you get a chance. I save them so that when the time comes, I have a lot of examples to look at.

Thanks in advance,

Vanny

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 6:22 am