VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+12
jrdunn96
Seth G
bugeye bob
Wayoutvan
Dan Scully
lws67
jkr
busman78
benwah
OutofSight
JackeFriend
DueNorth
16 posters

Front Seats- which ones have you got?

OutofSight
    OutofSight

Number of posts : 1558
    Registration date : 2015-11-19

Front Seats- which ones have you got? - Page 2 Empty Re: Front Seats- which ones have you got?

Post by OutofSight Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:14 pm

They mean pleather lol
    jrdunn96
    jrdunn96

Number of posts : 690
    Registration date : 2016-01-01

Front Seats- which ones have you got? - Page 2 Empty Re: Front Seats- which ones have you got?

Post by jrdunn96 Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:19 am

. . . or Naugahyde.  I wonder how many Naugas you have to skin for each seat? jocolor
    OutofSight
    OutofSight

Post by OutofSight Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:53 am

Two
    busman78
    busman78

Number of posts : 483
    Registration date : 2012-07-11

Post by busman78 Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:08 am

Obviously you have never been to a Nauga ranch, average low back seat requires thirteen to eighteen color matched Nauga's that have the same breed date so that color, elasticity and skin texture is the same. High back seats can use as many as thirty little Nauga's for each seat.

Now consider that two buckets need to match that is a lot of Nauga's, then add in a back seat or two and PETA would pull their hair out over your seat upholstery.
    Seth G
    Seth G
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager

Number of posts : 2086
    Registration date : 2013-04-24

Post by Seth G Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:07 pm

You must have read this,

Front Seats- which ones have you got? - Page 2 The-Art-of-Nauga-Farming2

They're cute little buggers

Front Seats- which ones have you got? - Page 2 NAUGA
    busman78
    busman78

Number of posts : 483
    Registration date : 2012-07-11

Post by busman78 Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:03 pm

No, back 40+ years ago knew this guy names Rex K, he was from Reston VA, told a story about Nauga's, could wind you into the story to the point you actually believed it was true, he was a funny guy. Wish I had a recording of him telling the Nauga tale.
    bugeye bob
    bugeye bob

Number of posts : 383
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Post by bugeye bob Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:04 pm

Seth G wrote:

There's no way those are leather for $80/pc

i agree i doubt if they are leather either but what caught my attention - they are 19 inches wide so should fit, they recline foward and back and they look pretty good. the bonus they are $80. a piece and that includes shipping, i'll let you know it was those or smittybilt and these won i should get them in a week.
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Post by vanny Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:14 am

Can't wait to hear how they work out for you...I checked out the link and they look pretty good...like you said, the measurements seem correct and the fact that they recline is a bonus also... bounce

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    Seth G
    Seth G

Post by Seth G Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:43 pm

I agree, it looks like it may be a good deal all the same. I'm glad you ordered them, please report back on the quality and fit when you get them. And while it doesn't look like leather, you never know.
    bugeye bob
    bugeye bob

Number of posts : 383
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Post by bugeye bob Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:07 pm

went to take out trash and almost tripped over two large boxes in front of my door, yes my seats have arrived Very Happy yes they aren't leather but at $80 i really didn't think they were. they stitching looks good and they recline backward and forward , they have two bolts at the rear underneath and two brackets but don't see a problem with a little modification hopefully in a day or two if weather doesn't get bad i can slide one in just to get a idea how they will look. i have a lot of interior work so i won't mount them till i'm near finished to keep from ruining them.Front Seats- which ones have you got? - Page 2 A100_m10
    Front Seats- which ones have you got? - Page 2 A100_m11
    OutofSight
    OutofSight

Post by OutofSight Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:22 am

Nice looking seat!
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Post by vanny Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:58 am

I went back to the site and now it looks like they're already sold out...Must have used up all the Naugas!!!

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    Seth G
    Seth G

Post by Seth G Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:01 am

That was good find
    Wayoutvan
    Wayoutvan

Number of posts : 17
    Registration date : 2017-07-21

Post by Wayoutvan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:33 am

Anyone know sources for seat foam replacement. My typical sources don't carry a100 seat foam. I can make my own if need be.
    kiwimopar
    kiwimopar

Number of posts : 745
    Registration date : 2010-01-23

Post by kiwimopar Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:31 pm

Toyota Cynos....
    Front Seats- which ones have you got? - Page 2 Little10
    OutofSight
    OutofSight

Post by OutofSight Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:56 pm

Nice interior!
    Keith D
    Keith D

Number of posts : 405
    Registration date : 2016-11-25

Post by Keith D Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:18 pm

I agree very nice interior...

Unfortunately we did not get the Cynos here in the states.
    kiwimopar
    kiwimopar

Post by kiwimopar Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:38 pm

OutofSight wrote:Nice interior!

Thanks guys Very Happy
    JackeFriend
    JackeFriend

Number of posts : 940
    Registration date : 2016-05-06

Post by JackeFriend Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:07 pm

That is pretty!
    apedave
    apedave

Number of posts : 31
    Registration date : 2017-05-09

Post by apedave Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:29 pm

Google is leading me to believe that the Cynos is possibly very closely related to the Paseo from the early-mid 90's. I'm going to keep an eye out next time I'm at pick-n-pull
    Keith D
    Keith D

Post by Keith D Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:17 pm

I am going to keep an eye out for them also, good looking seats.

I'm not sure what the width of the seats are but they look like they have room on either side of them to clear the dog house and door.
    kiwimopar
    kiwimopar

Post by kiwimopar Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:27 am

Keith D wrote:I am going to keep an eye out for them also, good looking seats.

I'm not sure what the width of the seats are but they look like they have room on either side of them to clear the dog house and door.

They are a bit tight - the arm rests clash with the side cushions when the seats are all the way forward...so closing the door means sliding the seat backwards.
    If I could do it again, I would choose a different seat.
    Keith D
    Keith D

Post by Keith D Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:18 am

Thanks for the info...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 6:50 pm