VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

have a question relating to the Dynomat sound proofing ? heat gaurd

vkarppinen
    vkarppinen

Number of posts : 119
    Registration date : 2015-08-28

have a question relating to the Dynomat sound proofing ? heat gaurd Empty have a question relating to the Dynomat sound proofing ? heat gaurd

Post by vkarppinen Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:43 am

This Dynomat stuff seems pricy, is there a better thickness to use ? if so, whats your opinion on it.

Is there something else that works just as well.

Im looking to do my roof and walls , for noise reduction mostly.

Thanks, Vin
    Oscarm
    Oscarm

Number of posts : 91
    Registration date : 2014-05-06

have a question relating to the Dynomat sound proofing ? heat gaurd Empty Re: have a question relating to the Dynomat sound proofing ? heat gaurd

Post by Oscarm Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:25 am

Go to your local building supply and look for foil backed bitumen roof flashing. Usually sold for skylights and RV applications. Peel and stick just like Dynamat, but fraction of the price. Heat with a heatgun as you apply, and used a small hard roller to shape it into curves and depressions. Available in various widths. Neat stuff.
    vkarppinen
    vkarppinen

have a question relating to the Dynomat sound proofing ? heat gaurd Empty Re: have a question relating to the Dynomat sound proofing ? heat gaurd

Post by vkarppinen Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:01 am

thanks a lot, I definitely will check it out
    Abitibi
    Abitibi
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager

Number of posts : 479
    Registration date : 2014-06-23

Post by Abitibi Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:18 am

You can also look online for FatMat. Cheaper than Dynamat, probably more than roofing material but made for cars. They have a thick version as well, that's throne I've used.

If it's for noise reduction it will only go so far though. It will get rid of the tin can sound but that's about it. After I'd use a 1/2" under carpet foam that doesn't absorb water. Check my post in the interior forum and you'll see how I've done mine. It made a huge difference.

Good luck!
    Mr. D
    vkarppinen
    vkarppinen

Post by vkarppinen Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:54 am

I have seen all your work , I love it , thanks

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:01 am