VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+2
donivan65
EconoUSAparts
6 posters

Isnt it ironic,don't ya think?

EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Isnt it ironic,don't ya think? Empty Isnt it ironic,don't ya think?

Post by EconoUSAparts Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:52 pm

It's ironic that a year or so ago when we talked about music that I told Donivan I liked Dave Mason. Today I was informed that Dave Mason will be the free entertainment this year at the Fall Music festival here in town.
    Life is good!
    It's ironic that today I went to a swap meet and found no Econo parts whatsoever but met a guy who claims to have 30 Econo parts truck at his place not far from here. Its very odd we dont know of each other being that we are so close to each other. He mentioned a few rare parts I need and I ll be headed there later this week to get em and see his collection plus some NOS stuff he has.
    Life is better!!
    It's incrediby ironic that a month ago I sold my nice California rust free tailgate claiming I wont have time to do a project truck for many years and maybe never since my other projects are ahead of it and a good candidate is so hard to find at a reasonabe price,only to go look at a truck(friend of a guy at the swap meet) after the swap meet near here for sale to discover a very decent 5 window pickup already in progress,near ready for paint. Its already set up for a v8 and has disc brakes and lots of new parts too. Original tailgate for the truck is nice overall but has had the bottom rolled section repaired and not completed but overall decent. Aint that a B&"ch? Mine was perfect!
    Lifes still pretty good though!!!
    It's over the top ironic that the guy informed me that the truck also comes with an NOS tailgate he bought at a local swap meet last year. How fast do you think I said sold? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ah,man,I had an instant Vangasm on the spot( even if it is a pickup)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    For a swap meet that basically sucked,how freakin awsome did this day turn out?????? What an incredible day.
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Isnt it ironic,don't ya think? Empty Re: Isnt it ironic,don't ya think?

Post by donivan65 Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:04 pm

That just goes to show you that if you are serious about something and stick with it long enough, it all comes to you,,,,,,,
    mcfly
    mcfly

Number of posts : 626
    Registration date : 2008-11-10

Post by mcfly Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:06 pm

Sounds like you had yourself a wonderful day.If I was you I would be very carefull the nexy couple of days.
    Because won't that be ironic !!!!

mike
    P.S. No harm intended
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7900
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Post by DanTheVanMan Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:11 am

Its ironic how things workout sometimes. Maybe the planets were aligned just right or the vans were or maybe even the beer cans. No matter how you look at it, I would call that one awesome day in a vanner's life. Congrat's... cheers

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

Isnt it ironic,don't ya think? Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by EconoUSAparts Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:33 am

Due to the rarity of the NOS tailgate(some say it's the Holy Grail,hidden and encripted per the Da Vinci Code in the famous last supper picture),I ve notified Brink's armored car division for the safe transport of it here to my secret Bat Cave of parts where Im protected by the military. (My property borders an Army Reserve Base next door) Security here at the Cave is now being bumped up to a level 1A high priority alert status. Only mission essential personell will be admitted with proper I.D. It's time for my Army personell to be "All Along The Watchtower".
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7900
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Post by DanTheVanMan Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:50 am

Funny! I'm with you on this one. Been in that mind set a few times myself. Once you get it all back to the house you'll be able to breath and relax "A little".... Cool

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

Isnt it ironic,don't ya think? Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-
    RipVanArkie
    RipVanArkie

Number of posts : 987
    Registration date : 2008-05-13

Post by RipVanArkie Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:32 am

Congrats on the "Irony Maiden" Tim! Maybe you can come up with a tailgate for mine, I can replace the bottom. You need to get that PU done and come see us again here in AR!

Later,
    Rip

Last edited by RipVanArkie on Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Irony Maiden, yeah man...)

Post by Guest Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:15 am

i hope nobody sends their flying monkeys to abduct that tailgate! it sounds like your lucky day! i had mine last night, winning more than $1000 playing keno.. on my ex-bosses dime! you have to love a night at a karaoke contest with sexy gals and free drinks, plus a cash bonus on your way out the door!

make SURE you take a camera when you go to this 30+ econo yard so we can all drool over what you get to see!
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Number of posts : 2067
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Post by sasktrini Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:48 am

Wouldn't it be ironic if your new econobuddy had all the stuff we consider rare, and we had all the stuff that he and his group consider rare?

I think it's about time that fortune starts finding us! Good job guys!
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:48 am

Now here is how it really is,,,,,,,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nb_O2LfyxAw

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 3:22 am