VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+4
donivan65
AZ SuperVan
Dawgboy
BlueSteel
8 posters

Swap the Generator to run electric fan?

BlueSteel
    BlueSteel

Number of posts : 111
    Registration date : 2013-05-15

Swap the Generator to run electric fan? - Page 2 Empty Re: Swap the Generator to run electric fan?

Post by BlueSteel Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:37 am

Awesome! Thanks for the input! I love my van so much but i'm a total cook book mechanic (just follow the Chilton's or Haynes manuals) so sometimes I feel a bit overwhelmed hahaha. Thanks for bearing with me
    Old Skool
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1306
    Registration date : 2009-06-13

Swap the Generator to run electric fan? - Page 2 Empty Re: Swap the Generator to run electric fan?

Post by Old Skool Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:18 am

REPOST,,,   lol

SHORT MEMORY????????????????? 

Years ago I found and posted many times to many people and many forums as to the FORD 3G alternator?????????????????????????????????  Whats up?>?

DOES IT MAKE ANY SENSE to try and use more electricity than you are putting in????????? 

A SINGLE WIRE ALTERNATOR:  simply ties the signal wire from the regulator directly to the load circuit and was designed TO BYPASS THE ENTIRE wire loom and get a BETTER LOAD reading directly to the load sending source,,,, IE:  the large black wire in an Econoline from the battery side of the starter solenoid to the dash board.  The single wire load shifted about 24"'s,,,,,,  and not the other side of the wire loom,,,, LOL   
      To make a single wire alternator out of any alternator you simply tie the signal wire on the alternator directly to the wire that goes to the battery side of the solenoid so that it can read the load requirement without being dragged down by going through the wire loom.  On ours it reads it by the black wire in the 1st place,,,, LOL
       Our trucks were NEVER INTENDED to deal with the power requirements that we now put on them let alone all of the late model things that we add.  Our trucks with a heat generator inside an oven!!!!  and then we insulate it to keep the heat inside of for a longer time,,,  NOVEL THINKING???
       Think about it,,, NO FAN SHROUD to force the air to come through a radiator,,,  an alternator that has to run at over 1,000 rpm to put out is FULL output of 40 amps!!!!!!!  add insulation to the doghouse to help KEEP the heat in there so that it can boil the fuel in the carb,,,  add to that a belly pan to TRY and force additional air through the radiator but it only works when going down the highway,,,,,and use your heater (additional alternator load, LOL) to try and keep the heat down and so now you have to keep the RPM up and it still wont keep up,,,,  NOVEL THINKING,,,,,,
       Years ago I came up with an alternator that put out more juice at an idle than the stock one puts out at 1500 rpm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  can u imagine that,,,  LOL..... 90 amps at 600 rpm and up to 200 amps at full tilt boogey. hmpmmmmmmmmm,,,,,,
    The FORD 3G alternator!!!!!  its a bolt on, has a piggy back voltage regulator (meaning you can dump the POJ stock one), comes in 135 amp, 150 amp and 200 amps. 
      So,, as a Ford guy,, (lol)   why would anyone bother going through all of that work when you can simply bolt on an alternator that puts out 90 amps at idle while the Chevy guys with the 100 amp single wire alternator are calling AAA,,,,,NOVEL THINKING,,,,, lol

In the following picture the yellow wire is changed from going to the battery side of the starter solenoid and now connecting to the output wire that goes to the  same place,, LOL,, now a SINGLE WIRE alternator,, LOL  Picture hosting is giving me a bad time???  cannot delete the double pictures,,,tired of messing with it,,, will send this and try one more time,,, krud,,,, late for work,,,
    Vic
    Swap the Generator to run electric fan? - Page 2 100_1111
    Swap the Generator to run electric fan? - Page 2 100_1112

Swap the Generator to run electric fan? - Page 2 0041310

Swap the Generator to run electric fan? - Page 2 0041310
    Old Skool
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1306
    Registration date : 2009-06-13

Post by Old Skool Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:36 am

Been messing with this for over an hour, late for work on orders and aggravated,,,,,one more time?
    vic

Here should be a wiring schematic to show single wire alternator wiring,,,LOL also,, cannot get rid or delete a 2nd image of the same thing,,,, 

Swap the Generator to run electric fan? - Page 2 Onewir10

Swap the Generator to run electric fan? - Page 2 Genera10
    Swap the Generator to run electric fan? - Page 2 3g_sin10

Swap the Generator to run electric fan? - Page 2 Econol10
    Abitibi
    Abitibi
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager

Number of posts : 479
    Registration date : 2014-06-23

Post by Abitibi Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:29 am

Amen!!!

donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:35 am

,,,there you go,,,,,,,another choice for you,,,,,,,,

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 3:21 am