VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

Moved my Plate to Original Mounting!

Vantasia
    Vantasia

Number of posts : 1412
    Registration date : 2013-08-18

Moved my Plate to Original Mounting! Empty Moved my Plate to Original Mounting!

Post by Vantasia Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:22 am

When I bought my van the PO had mounted the front plate in the center of the bumper, looked  OK.  But the front bumper had the top holes on the drivers side for the original mounting bracket.  I waited until a good used bracket came along that I recently bought.  I painted it up with some semi-flat black and re-mounted the plate to the drivers side and plugged the center holes with small painted grommets.  Gives the van a much better unique look.  Plus I'm told it should improve air flow into the grill.  Some pics.
    Moved my Plate to Original Mounting! Gedc1424
    Moved my Plate to Original Mounting! Gedc1425
    Moved my Plate to Original Mounting! Gedc1426
    I used some black body bolts to attache the bracket to the bumper, not sure what the factory used.  BTW today was the first day with temps over 40 degrees in about two months so I backed the van out and warmed it up! Note the 2+ feet of snow still on the ground, but it won't be long til its gone!
    Joe Van
    Joe Van
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 4619
    Registration date : 2012-10-11

Moved my Plate to Original Mounting! Empty Re: Moved my Plate to Original Mounting!

Post by Joe Van Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:48 pm

Looks "Way Better"..!!!.. The Van sure has come a long way since you got it..!!!...With the Radiator and Interior you will be able to enjoy it much more this summer.. cheers

Number of posts : 1533
    Registration date : 2009-05-22

Moved my Plate to Original Mounting! Empty Re: Moved my Plate to Original Mounting!

Post by kookykrispy Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:44 pm

If you've gotta run a front plate, that's where you want it: factory location!
    Vantasia
    Vantasia

Number of posts : 1412
    Registration date : 2013-08-18

Post by Vantasia Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:10 am

kookykrispy wrote:If you've gotta run a front plate, that's where you want it:  factory location!
    Yeah, my sate still requires it...NJ, land of high taxes and front plates! LOL BTW, I used a 2nd Gen bracket off a '68, mounted to the bumper same as 1st gen but the holes for the plate didn't line up so I had to elongate them with a small round file.
    67VanHelsing
    67VanHelsing

Number of posts : 118
    Registration date : 2014-03-04

Post by 67VanHelsing Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:12 am

Nothing like keeping it factory. Lookin good!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 1:30 pm