VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

5 posters

1965 Mercury Econoline parts..same as Ford Econoline

steelrat
    steelrat

Number of posts : 116
    Registration date : 2014-11-24

1965 Mercury Econoline  parts..same as Ford Econoline Empty 1965 Mercury Econoline parts..same as Ford Econoline

Post by steelrat Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:36 pm

As I contemplate buying the 65 Mercury I posted. I am wondering if any one knows of the parts compatibility with the Ford Econoliines?

Thanks

Last edited by steelrat on Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

1965 Mercury Econoline  parts..same as Ford Econoline Empty Re: 1965 Mercury Econoline parts..same as Ford Econoline

Post by vanny Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:53 pm

I think the only difference is the fact that the Mercury's were manufactured in Canada.

I'm sure Duane, Barnabus, Vic or some of the other Econoline gurus Very Happy from this site will be able to answer your question with much more expertise.

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    scarlin
    scarlin

Number of posts : 258
    Registration date : 2012-01-25

1965 Mercury Econoline  parts..same as Ford Econoline Empty Re: 1965 Mercury Econoline parts..same as Ford Econoline

Post by scarlin Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:15 pm

All Made at around Toledo, OH. All parts the same except the Mercury name plate, Canada's were all Mercury's,
    Barnabas
    Barnabas
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager

Number of posts : 2011
    Registration date : 2011-01-16

Post by Barnabas Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:05 pm

All parts interchange. The Canadian model year was Jan to Dec, unlike the U.S. year of August to July, so the year changes are a little different.

Small towns in Canada had either a Ford dealer or a Mercury dealer. The Mercury dealers could not sell Fords, so they branded some Ford trucks with the Mercury name.

The 1961 Mercury Econolines were made in the US, and all were shipped to Canada. In 1962, Canadian Econolines (Fords and Mercurys) production moved to Oakville, Canada. This continued through 1965. Starting in 1966, all Econolines were made in the US. The Mercury Econolines were made from 1961 to 1965.

I welcome corrections and additional details. I hope to learn more about the Canadian Econolines.
    Barnabas
    Barnabas

Number of posts : 2011
    Registration date : 2011-01-16

Post by Barnabas Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:11 pm

scarlin wrote:All Made at around Toledo, OH. All parts the same except the Mercury name plate, Canada's were all Mercury's,

Do you mean Lorain, Ohio? That's were all of the Econolines were built in the US.

Ford dealers in Canada sold Ford Econolines. Mercury dealers in Canada sold Mercury Econolines.
    scarlin
    scarlin

Number of posts : 258
    Registration date : 2012-01-25

Post by scarlin Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:23 pm

Yes, Lorain, This site is worldwide, anyone that watched MASH knows where Toledo is. Lorain?
    Sam
    GMman
    GMman

Number of posts : 798
    Registration date : 2014-10-14

Post by GMman Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:59 pm

From what I found out, Ford  and Mercury trucks and vans were on the same assembly line identical other than badges and specific trim. Early Mercurys had more chrome trim than the Fords.
    http://www.curbsideclassic.com/curbside-classics-american/curbside-classics-mercury-trucks-we-do-things-a-bit-differently-up-here/

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:42 pm