VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Would like to replace 318, need some info.

ForwardControlMode
    ForwardControlMode

Number of posts : 7
    Registration date : 2014-03-04

Would like to replace 318, need some info. Empty Would like to replace 318, need some info.

Post by ForwardControlMode Wed May 21, 2014 9:08 pm

Hi guys. This is on my daily driver a108. Right now it has this 318 thats cobbled together from a few different generations of the LA engine. It's also just tired. I have the A745 behind it and want to know if my replacement needs to have been from a manual transmission vehicle with the crank drilled accordingly fora pilot bushing or not. Also If I go 360... where to get the balanced flywheel? And finally, since Im in there anyway... is our clutch the 23 spline or the elusive 10 spline that the sweptlines use? This is a 1968 trans. Thanks in advance guys.
    All-Van

Number of posts : 9
    Registration date : 2011-04-01

Would like to replace 318, need some info. Empty Re: Would like to replace 318, need some info.

Post by All-Van Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:37 pm

ForwardControlMode wrote:Hi guys. This is on my daily driver a108. Right now it has this 318 thats cobbled together from a few different generations of the LA engine. It's also just tired. I have the A745 behind it and want to know if my replacement needs to have been from a manual transmission vehicle with the crank drilled accordingly fora pilot bushing or not. Also If I go 360... where to get the balanced flywheel? And finally, since Im in there anyway... is our clutch the 23 spline or the elusive 10 spline that the sweptlines use? This is a 1968 trans. Thanks in advance guys.

As far as I know,you can have a crank drilled for a pilot bushing if it is'nt already.
    360 flywheels just have a couple of holes drilled for balance so a regular 318/340 flywheel can be modified to work.
    Not sure about the clutch,unfortunately.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:51 pm