VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+6
kookykrispy
wideload
Digz
donivan65
vrod64
chopper tom
10 posters

how to swap to a v8

vrod64
    vrod64

Number of posts : 67
    Registration date : 2013-07-20

how to swap to a v8 - Page 2 Empty Re: how to swap to a v8

Post by vrod64 Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:48 am

Digz wrote:This is the location on my 350 of the pump. I should think it would be easy to get to from below.
    how to swap to a v8 - Page 2 Pump_b10
    Long WP should be ok. will probably have to keep the downflow radiator if keeping the 3 spd stick because of driverside linkage. Keeping things high and tight and somewhat stock in the Doghouse will mean having to work with what space you have for seating. You should have room for the Alt in front of the right head. All totally doable. just be prepared to maybe have to work with the cooling system set up. There are several good set ups for throttle cables. Lately I have been liking the looks of a bell crank system that a couple of the guys have made that works right under the stock pedal and changes the direction of the pull.

thank you. Pics always help
    vrod64
    vrod64

Number of posts : 67
    Registration date : 2013-07-20

how to swap to a v8 - Page 2 Empty Re: how to swap to a v8

Post by vrod64 Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:02 am

Joe Van wrote:That looks GOOD wideload pushes instead of pulling I may just go that route.... for now I have the stock long bar linkage with 2 ft of cable at the carb end.... I am the KING of OCD and have noticed all Chevy Vans are that way (motor offset) I ran into that when I swapped a 350 for a 454 in my 75 Chevy van they all sit off set because of the rear end (less foot room on the right side).. a first gen box will work with block hugger headers or stock manifold's but make it easy to remove it because there is no room to work on it the engine... Second Gen box is the way to go and they do pop up once in a while for sale just do it and when you run into a problem just ask and one of us will solve it we all went through a bunch of issues at one time or another ....Here is my 66 GMC with a 68 307 in a 68 motor box easer to mount the seats and gets way better air flow and fairly easy to work on.....                                                                                                                                    .how to swap to a v8 - Page 2 105_0119how to swap to a v8 - Page 2 105_0595how to swap to a v8 - Page 2 105_0664how to swap to a v8 - Page 2 105_0340how to swap to a v8 - Page 2 95441611                                                                                                                                                                                               The cross-member is a universal one from Speed Way Motor's.....

6 or 8 inch drop for tranny crossmember ?

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 1:49 pm