VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+57
uante
m1dadio
SteelyVan
uncle ron
Bear
AzDon
Zuffen
Van crazy
mattimuss
OutofSight
whalemstr
jrdunn96
pan58head
LiveWire64
richie61
JackeFriend
Russell
ditdater
the_surfing_guy
Rick's 66 Chevy Van
Marcosis
Tice84
vern01
Vanish
Seth G
66_Barracuda
deepott71
Digz
kookykrispy
samsvan
Vantastic
BvrWally
GMman
Vantasia
drc
savage
kaz
64chevy
NipRing
61econoline
Sy Hollinshead
Big W
scarlin
JAX
66mnecotruck
G-Man
SDEconoTruck
Nightmoves
Twinpilot001
Joe Van
wideload
Admin
VANagain
Space Truckin
vanny
dix
donivan65
61 posters

Dons day,,,,,,,

donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Dons day,,,,,,, - Page 26 Empty Re: Dons day,,,,,,,

Post by donivan65 Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:11 pm

Well, I did  work on Steves Econoline Sunday,,,,,,,,,however,,,,,,thats Suzys 65 Chevy,,,,,I  work on it whenever  she gets back working on my driveway,,,,,,

Dons day,,,,,,, - Page 26 01291712

Dons day,,,,,,, - Page 26 01291711

Dons day,,,,,,, - Page 26 Dscn9315

Dons day,,,,,,, - Page 26 Dscn9316

Dons day,,,,,,, - Page 26 Dscn9437

Dons day,,,,,,, - Page 26 14834810

Dons day,,,,,,, - Page 26 01101712

Dons day,,,,,,, - Page 26 01101713
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Post by vanny Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:54 pm

Nice, I like the bartering system...I thought I saw round taillights on the red and white van but my old tired eyes must have been playing tricks on me...Don, you sure do work on a LOT of those vintage vans out your way! Keep up the excellent work!!!

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:15 pm

Then you must of been noticing that her van has those LED tail lights,,,,,,,,here they are next to mine,,,,,,

Dons day,,,,,,, - Page 26 01311710

Dons day,,,,,,, - Page 26 01311711

Dons day,,,,,,, - Page 26 01311712
    vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:54 am

Did you have to make changes to the electrical system to accommodate the LED's?

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:26 pm

They just plug right in,,,,,,,there would be a pair of them on Jackes van if she had longer legs,,,,,,,,

Dons day,,,,,,, - Page 26 Led10
    Bear
    Bear

Number of posts : 849
    Registration date : 2010-11-23

Post by Bear Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:25 am

they make them for 2nd gen vans ?
    JackeFriend
    JackeFriend

Number of posts : 940
    Registration date : 2016-05-06

Post by JackeFriend Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:44 am

donivan65 wrote:They just plug right in,,,,,,,there would be a pair of them on Jackes van if she had longer legs,,,,,,,,

Dons day,,,,,,, - Page 26 Led10

Well I do not think my height was the problem... LOL  Laughing  Actually I bought 2 LED Bulbs which just plug in and are very bright, I did not like the Dot look, too modern for this old woman. I have not installed nothin' I am worthless... pale
    Congrats on the Suzy van! Looks great!

Oh Don.... want a Tuna Sandwich & a Coke! Smile
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:49 am

,,,that was just my way of saying those L E D  tail light assemblies would be sitting on your van right now,   if you would of caught up to the guy selling them at the swap meet while he was leaving,,,,,,,you were waving serious money at him,,,,,,,,,,,I just bought some bulbs in Arizona,,,,,,the tail light filament looks great, however the turn signal filament is not very bright,,,,,,,I think it is due to the type of analog turn signal flasher in our vans,,,,,,,those LED lights are not much of a load that our flashers require to flash,,,,,,turn signal flashers are different than 4 way flashers,,,,,turn signal flashers are made to stop flashing when a bulb burns out to warn you,,,,,4 ways will flash with 1 bulb,,,,,,people mix them up all the time,,,,,I doubt they make them for 2nd Gens,,,,they dont even make them for 1st Gens,,,,,,,we just steal them from the 60-66 pick ups,,,,,,,but them bulbs might even look better than those new assemblies,,,,,,,,,,,,

Dons day,,,,,,, - Page 26 Dscn9614
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:49 pm

So Dodge and Ford guys,,,,,,,,what is the size of your pop out windows,,,,,,Jacke wants windows that open up that are 17 5/8" high and 20 3/4" wide,,,,,,so you guys got anything close to that,,,,,I cut down and welded a 3rd Gen window and made a swing out window for my van,,,,,,,but lets see what a Ford and Dodge window is,,,,,,,,,,,,,she really needs a SportVan or HandiBus pop out windows  but its hard to find them in good condition,,,,,,

Dons day,,,,,,, - Page 26 Popped12
    vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:56 pm

I just went and measured my rear pop-out windows on my 66 Econoline and it looks like the metal frame is tucked within a rubber gasket so I tried to measure just the metal frame without including the additional amount of the gasket. The metal frame around the window seems to measure 21and1/4 wide by 16 inches high. Hope that helps... Very Happy

donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:53 pm

do you see some screws on the sides that would let you spread the frame to pull the glass out?

Dons day,,,,,,, - Page 26 Dscn9617
    uncle ron
    uncle ron

Number of posts : 91
    Registration date : 2012-05-31

Post by uncle ron Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:24 pm

Don , Installed leds for turn signals and side markers (side markers wired into turn signals) didn't work correctly til I installed electronic flasher($10) . Used electronic flasher for 4ways ,  works fine except flasher continues to click after 4ways are turned off . Installed toggle switch to turn flasher off ????Dons day,,,,,,, - Page 26 19910
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:16 pm

Boy,,,,,there sure is turning into  more to the story than just screwing in a light bulb,,,,,,,,those L E D  lights like come in 3 flavors,,,,,an assembly with the resistor built in,,,,,a bulb with the resistor built in and a bulb that needs a 6 ohm/50 watt resistor added into the Turn/brake wire to prevent what they call HyperFlash,,,,,(blinks too fast for bulb to light),,,,,,,,an electronic flasher also can cure HyperFlash,,,,,, I  just ordered 4 of them there resistors for $6 to see if they work,,,,,I take it you got the plain bulbs,,,,,  2 Tail lights and 2 marker bulbs?  Markers are a weird circuit,,,,they kinda work through the feedback from the turn signals to flash,,,,,,is that the kind of system you got? are we talking 3 operations here,,,,Tail/turn/4 way hazards? Are you saying the flasher keeps going when everything is off and you put a switch on it to turn it off,,,,,,is it always clicking or just wont shut off after you use the turns or 4 ways?   take those LED marker bulbs out for a test to see if things change,,,,,,you say marker lights are wired to turn signals,,,,,,,did you unwire them from the tail lights if you changed the wiring?
    uncle ron
    uncle ron

Dons day,,,,,,, - Page 26 Empty leds

Post by uncle ron Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:20 am

Dons day,,,,,,, - Page 26 49-23610
    Dons day,,,,,,, - Page 26 51-50210
    Dons day,,,,,,, - Page 26 51-50410
    Dons day,,,,,,, - Page 26 53-56610
      Don , my side markers were originally reflectors , ( 69 ) .  All units are sealed , taillights just plug into bulb socket , side markers and front turn signals are hard wired . Flasher for 4-way clicks all the time unless toggle is off . Have only used 4-way once (knock on wood ) am  I a solution looking for a problem ? Was told leds don't create enough heat to trip standard flashers .
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:45 am

OK the flasher units are on all the time,,,,,,they only start clicking when you hook a bulb to them, like when you move the turn signal lever or push the 4 way button,,,,,,so if its clicking, something is on,,,,,and you got 2 flashers in the fuse box,,,,,one for turn signals, one for the 4 way hazard lights,,,,,,,2 separate circuits,,,,,,looks like you got assemblys for the tail lights,,,,,,now what about the marker lights,,,,,are they assemblys,,,,,,,,are you saying they were just reflectors and you ran some new wires to steal electricity from the tail lights to make the assemblys light up? and whats with that electronic flasher,,,whats that wire for,,,,,,are you using it in place of the turn or 4 way flasher? did that flasher come with the LED lights,,,,,,,and did they not work with the 2 stock flashers in your fuse box?
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:48 pm

Me and 64Chevy guy went to the San Diego Pik a Part today and there is a 65 Dodge Van there,,,,,,,,,

,Dons day,,,,,,, - Page 26 02031710

Dons day,,,,,,, - Page 26 02031711
    uncle ron
    uncle ron

Dons day,,,,,,, - Page 26 Empty leds

Post by uncle ron Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:35 pm

donivan65 wrote:OK the flasher units are on all the time,,,,,,they only start clicking when you hook a bulb to them, like when you move the turn signal lever or push the 4 way button,,,,,,so if its clicking, something is on,,,,,and you  got 2 flashers in the fuse box,,,,,one for turn signals, one for  the 4 way hazard lights,,,,,,,2 separate circuits,,,,,,looks like you got assemblys for the tail lights,,,,,,now what about the marker lights,,,,,are they assemblys,,,,,,,,are you saying they were just reflectors and you ran some new wires to steal electricity from the tail lights to  make the assemblys light up?    and whats with that electronic flasher,,,whats that wire for,,,,,,are you using it in place of the turn or 4 way flasher? did that flasher come with the LED lights,,,,,,,and did they not work with the 2 stock flashers in your fuse box?
                    Don , All 8 leds are assemblies , tapped into rear taillights for rear leds , into front turn signals for front leds . 4-ways work fine if I toggle on . Pig tail on flasher is a ground . No workie with standard flasher .
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:03 am

So where is your trouble,,,,,,with the turn signals or 4 ways,,,,,,,and where is that electronic flasher mounted,,,,,,in the fuse box turn signal slot or 4 way hazard slot,,,,,,and where did you put a toggle switch,,,,,,,in what wire or circuit,,,,,,are we talking about a 4 way problem or a turn signal problem,,,,,,or something connected to both systems,,,,,,,did you get any instructions with those lights talking about you will need an electronic flasher unit or resistors to make the LEDs flash,,,,,,where did you get them,,,,,,,and what are they REALLY for?
    Seth G
    Seth G
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager

Number of posts : 2086
    Registration date : 2013-04-24

Post by Seth G Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:36 pm

That's a descent looking van by the pics
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:05 pm

Roof rails are rusted out,,,,,,,but its waiting on its turn to the crusher,,,,,,,,
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:33 pm

Went to the Big 3 Parts Exchange today,,,,,,,Russell and his Brown Chevy was there,,,,Manny had his Green Chevy For Sale,,,,Vito was there with his Tan Ford,,,,Harry had his GullWing side door blowing in the wind,,,,,Steve was there trying to sell his white Falcon,,,,,,some little red Subaru  was trying to act like a van,,,,,,,met a couple of new guys there,,,,,,,,,Alex with his Blue Ford Camper, and Ryan with his white CHevy panel,,,,,,,,,,

Dons day,,,,,,, - Page 26 Big_3_24

Dons day,,,,,,, - Page 26 Big_3_25

Dons day,,,,,,, - Page 26 Big_3_26

Dons day,,,,,,, - Page 26 Big_3_27

Dons day,,,,,,, - Page 26 Big_3_28

Dons day,,,,,,, - Page 26 Big_3_29

Dons day,,,,,,, - Page 26 Big_3_30
    VANagain
    VANagain

Number of posts : 1046
    Registration date : 2008-05-16

Post by VANagain Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:56 pm

I totally forgot about the Big 3!! Shocked Instead I went down to the junkyards again to get a couple parts I missed last week.

Don, judging by the date of your post, you guys must have been there on Friday?

Harry finally got the gull wing door he's always wanted! And Manny is selling his van, now that he's got it all fixed up?
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:12 pm

Well in my World,,,,,,,,right now,,,it is Saturday, Feb 25, 2017,,,,,,,,10:12 pm and I went to the Stadium today,,,,,,
    VANagain
    VANagain

Number of posts : 1046
    Registration date : 2008-05-16

Post by VANagain Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:27 pm

Well, our forum must be set to a different time zone then. 4 hours different.

Shoot! I left myself a note about the Big 3 somewhere. I guess I could go tomorrow, on day 3...
    JackeFriend
    JackeFriend

Number of posts : 940
    Registration date : 2016-05-06

Post by JackeFriend Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:36 am

VANagain wrote:Well, our forum must be set to a different time zone then. 4 hours different.

Shoot! I left myself a note about the Big 3 somewhere. I guess I could go tomorrow, on day 3...
    I went down early in the morning at 8:30, it was fairly packed... saw Harry and his Wing! Walked about five miles around the place, but I got out about 10:30 before the big crowd on slot! It was crazy when I left a million cars were invading the stadium. Might be the last one held at this location if the property sells... Question

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 6:49 am