VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

5 posters

engine box insulation heat question

rustytoolss
    rustytoolss

Number of posts : 624
    Registration date : 2013-07-19

engine box insulation heat question Empty engine box insulation heat question

Post by rustytoolss Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:36 am

Just have a few quick question about insulating the engine box. Did you use any reflective (thin silver coated stuff) on the inner front radiator section ?
    Also after your insulation job was done. How much reduction of heat was there in the interior ? What about sound reduction ?
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8759
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

engine box insulation heat question Empty Re: engine box insulation heat question

Post by dix Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:57 am

Frm the factory the front was not done, I can't answer your 2nd question, But i'm sure someone will..

Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

engine box insulation heat question Empty Re: engine box insulation heat question

Post by G-Man Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:04 pm

It will help, maybe not all the heat but alot of it. Anything will help with sound
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8759
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by dix Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:27 pm

I do know the material BvrWally did a ton for the heat in his van..

Number of posts : 2036
    Registration date : 2012-08-08

Post by dodge man Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:42 pm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271302536558?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 THIS IS WHAT I GOING TO USE OVER TOP OF THE DYNAMAT I HAVE IN IT NOW, I USED THE DYNAMAT EVEN IN FRONT OF THE RADIATOR, ITS NICE AND QUIET NOW BUT SOME HEAT WAS STILL COMMING THROUGH, I'M HOPEING THIS 1/2 FIBERGLASS WILL STOP ALL THE HEAT TRANSFER,
    Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by Digz Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:53 pm

You are not going to stop all of it. It will be cool when there is any air circulation going thru the DH, get stuck in stop and go or parade type traffic and it will build heat up.I'm using just the Mitey Mat stuff and it does work well. maybe with the addition of the thin stuff it would be better?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 16, 2024 12:29 pm