VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

Help With Fan Pull Knob / Switch

Help With Fan Pull Knob / Switch Empty Help With Fan Pull Knob / Switch

Post by Guest Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:26 am

I was able to spend some time on the wiring for my A100 and got the blower working (no heat sadly). It worked for a couple days with no problem. I could turn the knob to the right one "click" to turn it on low and then twist it to the high setting. Good times.

Well a day later it now decides to stay on all the time. It doesn't matter if the knob is turn to the off position or all the way to the high setting. I know it's not my wiring so it must be the switch behind the knob - which could be why it was disconnected in the first place.

Does anyone know what type of switch I need to purchase? I'm sure it was used in many other models and years than just my '68 A100 so I hope it isn't to big an issue to track down. Perhaps you have a working spare to sell?

As always, thanks for the help. You guys and this forum have been a great resource!

SIN
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8726
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Help With Fan Pull Knob / Switch Empty Re: Help With Fan Pull Knob / Switch

Post by dix Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:46 am

hopfully some one has one laying around, if you get no responce try reposting it during the week.

Help With Fan Pull Knob / Switch Empty heat switch

Post by Guest Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:25 am

when the resistance unit on top of the heater box fails .it will make the fan motor stay on all the time.and as you have guessed, the way to make it stop is to unplug the switch.check that unit,it may be your problem

Sponsored content

Help With Fan Pull Knob / Switch Empty Re: Help With Fan Pull Knob / Switch

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:49 am