VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

Looking for header

Old Skool
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1306
    Registration date : 2009-06-13

Looking for header Empty Re: Looking for header

Post by Old Skool Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:52 am

Please email me at vlafountaine@socal.rr.com,,,,, much easier for me if you please. The 250 is a taller motor by about 2"s and much better to use a late doghouse as its also 1 3/4" taller as well... some tricks to that one but not an issue to build. In particular both the 1961 and the 1962 both have a weaker frame as thinner gauge metal used,,, just be aware they are more prone to cracked frames. Also, you will need outside frame mounts and your present inboard mount is also 4"s too far rear ward,, no big deal to handle as you have nothing on the outside there in the 1st place,,,, You will also need a transmission cross member to help you as you have no hump in the back of the doghouse,,,,, it would make your install much cleaner and easier AND better cooling as you will need the 240 sized radiator also if you used a 65 to 67 doghouse,,,, Seems to be quite normal for people to not say a pickup or a van,,,,,, LOL
    Old Skool
    banjo61
    banjo61

Number of posts : 3
    Registration date : 2015-09-24

Post by banjo61 Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:17 am

Good morning. I have a 61 project that had a 250 in it.. not running yet. It doesn't have a cross member but read here that old skool could make or get one.. if this is true old skool could you please contact me. Thank you
    Old Skool
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1306
    Registration date : 2009-06-13

Post by Old Skool Wed May 01, 2013 11:18 pm

That had to be Sean and talked to him just a short time ago about making them again,, they were the best I thought.
    I have a Clifford set that came off of a pretty knarly 300!! The Clifford headers I have are definitely what I look for in headers, as they have the desirable weld on the head side and then polished down to imprint into the gasket. Also, 3/8" plate which is always a must have.
    That type is always the one to look for when buying any headers.
    Just got all the parts cleaned up and the head sand blasted and ready to seat the valves. It has been machined for the hex type screw in studs as well as all new bronze valve guides..very nice work..
    It has a 2bbl Weber with a custom adapter, and a manifold splitter inside, also has a Nitrous injection manifold, full set of Crane Gold roller 1.6/1 ratio rockers, Mallory Unilite Vacume advance dizzy, three new caps, Accell high temp silicone wires, resistor, and resistor Mallory high output coil, Clifford headers and the rare two into one pipe they don't make any more. ALSO has custom stainless steel clamps for the manifold and headers,,,,, it must have been one knarly running truck. Nothing wrong with the parts and still trying to figure out an add and how much for it all at once. Would like to sell it as a unit though and a serious offer might take it all. The parts are pretty pricey new but willing to deal..

Old Skool,,

Looking for header 100_1911

Looking for header 100_1912

Looking for header 100_1913

Looking for header 100_1914

Looking for header 100_1915

Looking for header Blue_o10
    busman78
    busman78

Number of posts : 483
    Registration date : 2012-07-11

Post by busman78 Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:16 pm

Try Classic Inlines
    TBmain
    TBmain

Number of posts : 100
    Registration date : 2010-03-18

Looking for header Empty Looking for header

Post by TBmain Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:49 am

Looking for a header for the 240 in my van. I talked to someone a while back from out on the west coast. He said he would get back to me when he built more units, but we have not spoken since. Is clifford my only choice? thanks

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 2:24 am