VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+9
blue Oval
CraigK
66ThunderVan
StuNami
Smallblockbug
Van Halen
Hellfish
G-Man
kage
13 posters

"The Buzzing Half Dozen" 63 pickup build

blue Oval
    blue Oval

Number of posts : 88
    Registration date : 2012-07-24

"The Buzzing Half Dozen" 63 pickup build - Page 2 Empty Re: "The Buzzing Half Dozen" 63 pickup build

Post by blue Oval Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:08 pm

hey Kage i got that front for you
    kage
    kage

Number of posts : 51
    Registration date : 2012-07-18

"The Buzzing Half Dozen" 63 pickup build - Page 2 Empty Re: "The Buzzing Half Dozen" 63 pickup build

Post by kage Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:56 am

yesterday when I got home I removed the gas tank after I found a leak in it. My tank is full of pinholes. So I am now on the lookout for a new tank.
    "The Buzzing Half Dozen" 63 pickup build - Page 2 50down11
    "The Buzzing Half Dozen" 63 pickup build - Page 2 51down11
    Since I had the tank out I went ahead and dropped the rear weight that sits between the gas tank and the bed of the truck. pictured below is the 2.5" thick piece of cast iron thats under our truck for those who have never seen it.
    "The Buzzing Half Dozen" 63 pickup build - Page 2 52down10
    Since I had the tank and the weight out of the way I decided to go ahead and start cutting out the bed and getting it ready for the sheet of diamond plate. The sheet of diamond plate will be in next week. I think I might borrow my buddies plasma cutter to finish the job off...if not I am going to burn thru a lot of cutting discs.
    "The Buzzing Half Dozen" 63 pickup build - Page 2 53down10
    kage
    kage

Post by kage Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:19 am

yesterday evening I got more of the bed cut out. Unfortunately I ran out of cutting blades.

since supplies are running low there will not be much more progress until payday.

"The Buzzing Half Dozen" 63 pickup build - Page 2 54down10
    kage
    kage

Post by kage Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:14 am

ok...using the scaps of my supplies I managed to get the top of the bed on the drivers side stripped and a little more cut out of the bed.
    "The Buzzing Half Dozen" 63 pickup build - Page 2 55down10

"The Buzzing Half Dozen" 63 pickup build - Page 2 56down10
    thanks to this site I have found dome people with parts I can use to patch up some of the badly rusted areas on the truck...like the front wheel well pictured below.
    "The Buzzing Half Dozen" 63 pickup build - Page 2 57down10
    "The Buzzing Half Dozen" 63 pickup build - Page 2 58down10
    kage
    kage

Post by kage Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:49 am

progress on the truck will be slowing down a little. I am trying to get my Merc ready for a show at the end of September.
    kage
    kage

Post by kage Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:32 am

Yesterday i made a 1000 mile round trip to go pick up the new motor for the Econoline. Its a freshly rebuilt 200 inline six. Punched 30 over, with a dual roller timing chain and a clay smith cam.
    kage
    kage

Post by kage Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:14 am

Well....the 1stthe Annual Hooligan Hoedown went over pretty well. Now it is time to get back to work on the truck. Im going to be in need of a truck here soon.
    so the 1stthe order of business is to pull the old engine and swap in the new. While the engine is out i will clean up and paint the trans and throw in a new clutch. I will get some pics up as soon as i can.
    xtreme13
    xtreme13

Number of posts : 1
    Registration date : 2012-08-30

Post by xtreme13 Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:59 pm

kage wrote:Yesterday i made a 1000 mile round trip to go pick up the new motor for the Econoline. Its a freshly rebuilt 200 inline six. Punched 30 over, with a dual roller timing chain and a clay smith cam.

That's going to be nice
    kage
    kage

Post by kage Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:16 pm

Yesterday i dropped the head off to be machined for the tri-power set up. I pick up the head this Friday.

Today I pulled the old motor and trans. Iam currently cleaning up and painting parts to go on the new motor. Ill get some pics up in the next day or so of the new motor.
    kage
    kage

Post by kage Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:36 pm

I got the head back from the machine shop and i am currently working on fabricating the 2car new carb mounting flanges for the tri-power setup. If everything goes smoothly i should be ready to drop the motor back in in a couple of days.
    kage
    kage

Post by kage Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:55 am

Sorry for the lack of updates and pics. I have been busy mooving and starting barber school. I just got back to work on the linkage for the Tri-power setup. I will get some pics up in the next day or so.
    kage
    kage

Post by kage Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:03 am

I did score big at a local swap meet and got 3 brand new carbs for 25 each. The are NOS GM carbs. I had to modify the carb mounting flanges to fit them but the sure do look good

Casimier
    Casimier

Number of posts : 864
    Registration date : 2010-07-26

Post by Casimier Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:12 pm

Hey Kage
    I have that partial nose in my shed if you want it...
    I'll try to take afew more pics of it to send you.
    Jim, in NJ
    kage
    kage

Post by kage Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:24 pm

Casimier wrote:Hey Kage
    I have that partial nose in my shed if you want it...
    I'll try to take afew more pics of it to send you.
    Jim, in NJ

That would be great....i would have got it from you already but the move put me a little behind.
    Casimier
    Casimier

Number of posts : 864
    Registration date : 2010-07-26

Post by Casimier Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:53 pm

I was looking at what you want to cut out on the front..

I would try to keep the passenger EYE mostly intact because my panel has none.

IM me your email address and I'll pass on a pic to you.
    kage
    kage

Post by kage Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:50 pm

The last few days i have been working on the bed. I must say....drilling out all those old spot welds suck!...lol. i also started making patch panels for my tail gate.
    Gothboy
    Gothboy

Number of posts : 714
    Registration date : 2012-07-02

Post by Gothboy Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:13 am

Rock and roll on that truck man, Its going to be just as killer as the merc! Man you make me miss my 56 ford sedan delivery... Smile
    kage
    kage

Post by kage Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:26 am

Gothboy wrote:Rock and roll on that truck man, Its going to be just as killer as the merc! Man you make me miss my 56 ford sedan delivery... Smile

Thanks man...i should finally be able to get some pics up today. I have started radiusing my wheel wells and making my air cleaner for my tri-power set up. Im also still working on getting the rest of the bed stripped and ready for the new sheet of steel.
    kage
    kage

Post by kage Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:24 pm

pictured below is the air cleaner I made for the tri-power set up and the the start of radiusing the wheel wells

"The Buzzing Half Dozen" 63 pickup build - Page 2 Secure10

"The Buzzing Half Dozen" 63 pickup build - Page 2 Secure11
    I still need to clean up the edge some and then add the 1/4" rod stock around the radius.
    "The Buzzing Half Dozen" 63 pickup build - Page 2 Secure12
    more pics to come soon.
    kage
    kage

Post by kage Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:13 pm

i got the heater painted and put back together. it turned out pretty good.
    "The Buzzing Half Dozen" 63 pickup build - Page 2 Secure10

finally got my fuel lines ran. I like the way they turned out. plane and simple.
    "The Buzzing Half Dozen" 63 pickup build - Page 2 Secure11
    wylee
    wylee

Number of posts : 917
    Registration date : 2009-04-03

Post by wylee Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:39 am

im diggin the tri power set up, cool...
    kage
    kage

Post by kage Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:57 pm

I repainted my engine
    "The Buzzing Half Dozen" 63 pickup build - Page 2 2013-010
    "The Buzzing Half Dozen" 63 pickup build - Page 2 2013-012
    i installed a new oil pump, new platinum plugs, and have a new HEI distributor on the way.

Post by Guest Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:45 pm

this is an awesome build man. definitely motivating me
    kage
    kage

Post by kage Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:17 pm

Pictured below is the new air cleaner i am working on. I cut out the middle section and split in half. I have the new center section roughed in. Now its time for some welding and grinding.
    "The Buzzing Half Dozen" 63 pickup build - Page 2 2013-013

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:22 am