VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

ripped out the carpet and have questions

thatcherworks
    thatcherworks

Number of posts : 102
    Registration date : 2012-07-14

ripped out the carpet and have questions Empty ripped out the carpet and have questions

Post by thatcherworks Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:12 am

ripped out the carpet and have questions Img_8612ripped out the carpet and have questions Img_8613
    so after pulling the carpet i found this sticker that let me know i have a 230 in my van and that was nice but also it seems like there should be some kind of brace or something on the non window side of my van. does a wood strip go there? and if so how do i install it? 2wo piece?
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

ripped out the carpet and have questions Empty Re: ripped out the carpet and have questions

Post by RodStRace Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:26 am

Just the floor, the ribs and the roof rail as shown.
    Take a look at other's projects for pics.
    If you want to add an interior, additional stuff is a good idea but they were very basic from the factory. Just enough to hold shape and seal! All extra capacity was for the load.
    thatcherworks
    thatcherworks

Number of posts : 102
    Registration date : 2012-07-14

ripped out the carpet and have questions Empty Re: ripped out the carpet and have questions

Post by thatcherworks Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:50 am

ok thanks. that space between the outside panel and ribs seemed suspect to me. im planning on sheeting this in luan door skin and wanted everything braced up and dialed before it gets covered up.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:10 am

I think my 69 has a brace there, I'll look later to know for sure.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 18, 2024 11:24 am