VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Pop-out windows on a 65 falcon van..

Jessetygr
    Jessetygr

Number of posts : 90
    Registration date : 2012-01-06

Pop-out windows on a 65 falcon van.. Empty Pop-out windows on a 65 falcon van..

Post by Jessetygr Wed May 23, 2012 4:41 am

Hey guys,
    Has anyone found a solution for replacing the seals on the pop-out windows?
    I've hit a bit of a snag and realize I need to replace two of these seals which seem hard to find.

Hellfish

Number of posts : 146
    Registration date : 2011-03-01

Pop-out windows on a 65 falcon van.. Empty Re: Pop-out windows on a 65 falcon van..

Post by Hellfish Wed May 23, 2012 7:48 am

Jessetygr
    Jessetygr

Pop-out windows on a 65 falcon van.. Empty Re: Pop-out windows on a 65 falcon van..

Post by Jessetygr Wed May 23, 2012 7:53 am

Thanks Hellfish...
    That was my breakfast reading this morning.. I read thru all the threads and I think I'm going to try to retro fit some newer seals to the actual body (maybe caravan seals) and see how works.. I'm just pissed as I totally pulled a rookie mistake and pulled my old seals off my windows thinking I could replace them BEFORE searching thru this forum to double check... Rookie mistake!
    Hellfish

Number of posts : 146
    Registration date : 2011-03-01

Post by Hellfish Thu May 24, 2012 12:28 pm

They probably needed to be replaced anyway! Smile

Post by Guest Sun May 27, 2012 7:48 pm

Fred C in RI has a work around I believe ... Tim in KY still trying to coax a local seal supplier to produce these ... I think it's been over two years now ... can't blame him for trying
    Jessetygr
    Jessetygr

Post by Jessetygr Sun May 27, 2012 8:15 pm

strukkingfuggle wrote:Fred C in RI has a work around I believe ... Tim in KY still trying to coax a local seal supplier to produce these ... I think it's been over two years now ... can't blame him for trying

Thx for the tip JM. I found an old thread where Fred mention weather stripping the inside body window frame with and old door seal off a mini van.. I'm meeting up with a mobile trim guy tmr at my friends shop to see what he has on hand.. Hoping he has something that I can use until Tim cracks the divinci code of the pop-out seal..

Post by Guest Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:29 am

well ... I'm going to give it one more week and then I'm going to crack the code personally ... no disrespect intended ...
    gearheadflicks
    gearheadflicks

Number of posts : 32
    Registration date : 2012-04-19

Pop-out windows on a 65 falcon van.. Empty WANTED: Econoline POP-OUTS for sides or rear windows!

Post by gearheadflicks Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:24 pm

I'm looking for the early Econoline 2 rear pop-out window frames and seals...

Any LUCK????

Pop-out windows on a 65 falcon van.. Wanted-popouts

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 9:13 am