VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

How do you pop out windows?

Donn
    Donn

Number of posts : 692
    Registration date : 2009-04-05

How do you pop out windows? Empty How do you pop out windows?

Post by Donn Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:10 pm

Almost ready for paint. I want to take out the windows on the rear doors, instead of tapeing. Have not tried yet but want to know how it's done? Push out from the inside? any tricks or things I should be carefull of?
    thx
    Donn

How do you pop out windows? Empty Re: How do you pop out windows?

Post by Guest Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:40 pm

If the seals are dry rotted and you are going to get new ones anyways you just cut the inside lip of the seal off and push them out. If you plan on saving them you can use a few paint sticks to wedge in the seal from the inside and push it out .

Post by Guest Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:18 pm

If your seals are soft, you can push weedeater cord or plastic clothesline under the outside lip to lift the seal away from the body so paint can reach under the seals. This is a common trick on a quickie paint job. Good luck!
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

Post by RodStRace Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:18 am

As said, if the seals are hard and brittle, cut and replace. If they are still soft, what I used was sections of rubber fuel hose (A-100, yours may be different).
    Work a section of the seal on the inside out away from the lip or flange, then put the hose in to keep the seal down. Get 3 sides done, then ease the window and seal outward, trying not to tear the seal or break the glass.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 8:12 am