VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+6
HandiVanMan
Lazarusvan
ChevyVanMan1
wideload
DanTheVanMan
ditdater
10 posters

fiero bucket seat switch on 1st gen

ditdater
    ditdater

Number of posts : 590
    Registration date : 2010-11-06

fiero bucket seat switch on 1st gen  Empty fiero bucket seat switch on 1st gen

Post by ditdater Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:48 pm

from what i/ve heard fiero is the way to go for a good sitting seat (i know back in the day vegas seemed to work fine ,but know there not around).just wandering how hard it is to make the fiero seats work in 65 chevy g10 . are most yrs same width , do you just take orig sliders from van and bolt them to the fieros? and do they completly clear the hood ?

---------------------------------------Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast. Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. (Psalm 139: 7, 9-10, 23-24)
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7900
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

fiero bucket seat switch on 1st gen  Empty Re: fiero bucket seat switch on 1st gen

Post by DanTheVanMan Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:21 am

Danny,
    You can also look into Mazda Miata seats. They fit nice as well and are a bit easier to find since they are still in production. And just like the Fiero seats if you mount them just right they clear the doghouse as well.

Dan

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

fiero bucket seat switch on 1st gen  Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-
    wideload
    wideload
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 1388
    Registration date : 2008-05-11

fiero bucket seat switch on 1st gen  Empty Re: fiero bucket seat switch on 1st gen

Post by wideload Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:43 am

Danny I used the Fiero slides. Like Dan said you have to mount them just right. You have less room on the pass side than on the drivers side.

fiero bucket seat switch on 1st gen  100_0610

fiero bucket seat switch on 1st gen  100_0611

fiero bucket seat switch on 1st gen  100_0612

fiero bucket seat switch on 1st gen  65_int10

ChevyVanMan1

Number of posts : 425
    Registration date : 2009-07-19

Post by ChevyVanMan1 Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:21 am

Great pics, big help, thanks much!!!
    ditdater
    ditdater

fiero bucket seat switch on 1st gen  Empty NO KIDDIN ' AWESOME PICS

Post by ditdater Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:46 pm

THANKS ALL FOR THE INFO ,AND THE PICS WIDE', NOT SURE IF I/LL BE ABLE TO GET MY FRIEND TO SPARE ENOUGH TIME TO BUILD MOUNTS IF I GET A SET (DO HAVE A PAir SELLER READY TO SELL FOR 200, .. I MIGHT JUST HOLD OUT , AND GO ORIG. AND AT THE MOST JUST HAVE EM REUP'ED. THEN JUST BOLT IN .
    DONT GET ME WRONG , I DO BELIEVE STYLE AND COMFORT MAKE THESE VANS MONSTEROUS ATTRACTIONS THE WAY EVERYBODY THAT HAS THE GOD GIVEN TALENT CAN TURN THESE VANS INTO SHARP PIECES . ,AND AT THE SAME TIME ON A LIMITED BUDGET & MECHANICAL TALENT GOING CLOSE TO STOCK CAN STILL BE A CONFORSATION STARTER TOO.STILL LOOK GOOD AND THE EXTRA MONIES CAN GO ELSEWHERE, AS FOR ME TO OUR CHURCHES OUTREACH PROGRAM . I GUES I/LL HASH IT OUT W/IN A FEW WEEKS.

\
    1 Corinthians 13:4-6
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.

----------------------------------

Last edited by ditdater on Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Lazarusvan
    Lazarusvan

Number of posts : 1293
    Registration date : 2011-02-22

Post by Lazarusvan Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:33 pm

ditdater wrote:THANKS ALL FOR THE INFO ,AND THE PICS WIDE', NOT SURE IF I/LL BE ABLE TO GET MY FRIEND TO SPARE ENOUGH TIME TO BUILD MOUNTS IF I GET A SET (DO HAVE A PAir SELLER READY TO SELL FOR 200, .. I MIGHT JUST HOLD OUT , AND GO ORIG. AND AT THE MOST JUST HAVE EM REUP'ED. THEN JUST BOLT IN .
    DONT GET ME WRONG , I DO BELIEVE STYLE AND COMFORT MAKE THESE VANS MONSTEROUS ATTRACTIONS THE WAY EVERYBODY THAT HAS THE GOD GIVEN TALENT CAN TURN THESE VANS INTO SHARP PIECES . ,AND AT THE SAME TIME ON A LIMITED BUDGET & MECHANICAL TALENT GOING CLOSE TO STOCK CAN STILL BE A CONFORSATION STARTER TOO.STILL LOOK GOOD AND THE EXTRA MONIES CAN GO ELSEWHERE, AS FOR ME TO OUR CHURCHES OUTREACH PROGRAM . I GUES I/LL HASH IT OUT W/IN A FEW WEEKS.

Being a novice in every sense of the word, I have to say that your van is super nice. You found an amazingly nice van from all the photos I've seen. Never sat in an original seat, but being able to have an unmolested, stock van is such a hard thing to find. My two cents: Embrace it as there don't seem to be many vans that are stock. And, even though it's a four cylinder, yours is about the only one folks seem to have encountered. It is a living example of something that is a pretty rare bird. Beautiful van!

\
    1 Corinthians 13:4-6
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.WEEKS I GUESS.

----------------------------------
    ditdater
    ditdater

fiero bucket seat switch on 1st gen  Empty thank you sir,

Post by ditdater Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:56 pm

yeah , i got lucky . but ,yeah probaly leaning to look for stock set.
    HandiVanMan
    HandiVanMan

Number of posts : 1868
    Registration date : 2010-04-11

Post by HandiVanMan Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:00 pm

Going stock is not cheap either.
    mbasaraba
    mbasaraba

Number of posts : 823
    Registration date : 2009-01-08

Post by mbasaraba Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:24 am

If you need mounts welded up just give me a shout man. I have a shop full of 1 inch 14 gauge square tubing.

You have my number. Razz
    Lazarusvan
    Lazarusvan

Number of posts : 1293
    Registration date : 2011-02-22

Post by Lazarusvan Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:54 pm

ditdater wrote:yeah , i got lucky . but ,yeah probaly leaning to look for stock set.

Roman has a stock set for sale out of Cali.
    Chroma66
    Chroma66

Number of posts : 101
    Registration date : 2011-03-02

fiero bucket seat switch on 1st gen  Empty @ DanThe VanMan:

Post by Chroma66 Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:22 pm

I may be interested in the mounting brackets- feel free to PM me if you like.
    westcoastvanner
    westcoastvanner

Number of posts : 1686
    Registration date : 2008-10-04

Post by westcoastvanner Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:27 am

Would those Mazda Miata seats, work in my 1967 Dodge Custom Sportsman?
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Post by DanTheVanMan Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:22 am

westcoastvanner,
    The Miata Seats work great in all our earlies. Keep in mind you have to "Adapt" them but work great!

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-
    mbasaraba
    mbasaraba

Post by mbasaraba Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:45 am

It might be a good joint venture to get a generic mount that can be produced to allow mounting? Include a "How To" since it is likely that different makes might need holes drilled in a different spot than others.

Wish I had a set of these to fab something up with my tube bender and welder, might help a lot of people that dont have all the equipment needed to fab one up.
    ditdater
    ditdater

fiero bucket seat switch on 1st gen  Empty i hear that , for the not so great mech.s

Post by ditdater Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:42 am

i hear you on that subject matthew. to where i probaly would like a set of fiero buckets over stock seats , but with having to have the sliders mounted and all that , i just went stock original ,from roman and are being recovered now .mainly because of ease of mounting , but i really think i/m going to like the originals, new and correct fitting , and since truck is fairly orig. it should blend in good .really like bolt in and go , will post pics in a bit.

Last edited by ditdater on Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total
    mbasaraba
    mbasaraba

Post by mbasaraba Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:59 am

I hear that. I could have given you my stock seats if I had known you wanted some. I ended up giving them away for free last weekend to a guy using them on a Tempest project.
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Post by DanTheVanMan Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:07 am

I have a post on how to build the mounts for a 1st Gen Chevy. I'll search for it tonight and link it for you guys...

Dan

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

NipRing
    NipRing

Number of posts : 336
    Registration date : 2011-08-14

Post by NipRing Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:43 pm

Dan, did you find it?
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Post by DanTheVanMan Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:06 pm

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 2:15 pm