VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+16
Murdock
score602
OldSkoolVannin
Casimier
MikeShums
SuperJason
Big W
RodStRace
Rayallen
sasktrini
Linoman
Sy Hollinshead
Jazontyler
TBmain
66ThunderVan
EconoUSAparts
20 posters

Restoration Spec. Seals update

Jazontyler
    Jazontyler

Number of posts : 56
    Registration date : 2011-12-29

Restoration Spec. Seals update  - Page 2 Empty Re: Restoration Spec. Seals update

Post by Jazontyler Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:14 pm

Any update Tim?

Restoration Spec. Seals update  - Page 2 Empty Re: Restoration Spec. Seals update

Post by Guest Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:04 am

Are the rubber seals for the rear non pop out windows available? I have a window van and all the fixed glass need new seals. Thanks Smile
    score602
    score602

Number of posts : 140
    Registration date : 2010-04-05

Post by score602 Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:31 am

just to clarify...the door seals from macs and carpenter..is it just the front doors that have fitment problems?? or the side and back doors fit like crap too?its only my side and back doors that leak. its holding up my interior resto!
    MikeShums
    MikeShums

Number of posts : 116
    Registration date : 2010-10-14

Post by MikeShums Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:45 am

I bought and installed a cargo door seal about two years ago and they were okay in my mind. some think that they are too fat and require too much squeeze thus putting door out of line when closed, but I can't tell - my doors are a little out of whack anyway. ymmv -Mike
    score602
    score602

Post by score602 Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:47 am

I'm at a stand still right now deciding what I should do
    MikeShums
    MikeShums

Number of posts : 116
    Registration date : 2010-10-14

Post by MikeShums Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:55 am

To be honest, Tim has been jerked around by the company who is doing the new seals for about two years. I don't believe anything that they have told him - or at minimum, I have no confidence that they will be completed in the near future. If this is holding up your entire project, get the cargo door seals and move on. If you can get by without doing all the cargo doors then do the minimum. if at the end, you end up replacing them, then you've burned some cash, but life is short. -Mike
    score602
    score602

Post by score602 Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:21 pm

Your absolutely right I'll order them up tonite haha thanks!
    Murdock
    Murdock

Number of posts : 313
    Registration date : 2010-12-29

Post by Murdock Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:08 pm

66VANSteve wrote:Are the rubber seals for the rear non pop out windows available? I have a window van and all the fixed glass need new seals. Thanks Smile

C&G Parts
    gh0st
    gh0st

Number of posts : 50
    Registration date : 2011-07-25

Post by gh0st Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:35 am

Was there ever any update for these?

I still see MACs selling front and side/rear door seal sets for $117 each...does anyone know if they addressed any of the fitment issues?

Also see C&G selling front and side/rear seals for $120 each...can anyone who has ordered them comment on the fitment quality? They don't include very much information on the seals, not even a picture. No idea where they source them from.

My '61 has made it to the point of bothering me with rattling and leaking of doors so it's time to replace.

Sooooo...it's 2013, what's the best option available?
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:25 am

Mikes very correct on the post! Personally i can only like steel's rubber products - seems they have the good stuff & have been suppliers for many years !! Give them a call - Get a free catalogue also!! Happy Vannin!!
    gh0st
    gh0st

Post by gh0st Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:58 am

Steele only offers the windshield gasket and the window felt (beltline) weatherstrip.
    ECMCARS
    ECMCARS

Number of posts : 17
    Registration date : 2012-11-23

Post by ECMCARS Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:28 pm

I purchased all of the seals glass and doors including a compete front window fuzzy and vent from Macs and everything was very good.
    The front door seals are a little tight along the front edge but they are compressing with time and overall they much better than a lot that I have done on other restorations of all kinds of cars.
    My cargo doors had been bend out at the top and bottom so I had a bit of bending to do, seems like these vans have very flexible doors.
    You will need to use sealant on the glass seals, its best to seal after install to avoid a big mess.
    gh0st
    gh0st

Post by gh0st Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:44 pm

ECMCARS wrote:I purchased all of the seals glass and doors including a compete front window fuzzy and vent from Macs and everything was very good

sounds good, thanks for the feedback. guess i'll go plunk down the money for new seals and door window fuzzies...what is it, like $354 for the two front doors, two side doors, and two rear doors - then $240 for the window fuzzy kit? almost $600 total - that's more than i paid for my van. fffffffuuuuuuuu Mad
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by EconoUSAparts Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:01 pm

To date, I have only front door seals available and the 2 seals that attach to the pop out window frame(the inner and outer seals). I don't have the body seal yet for the pop outs but its making progress after 3 attempts. I also have the complete window channel kits including the cat whiskers available.
    Front door seals are $109 a set,inner seal for pop out frame is $10 and outer is $15. Felt channel/fuzzy kit is $145 and does both doors. 2 prototypes have been made of the vent window but neither was acceptable yet.
    BigCinnamon
    BigCinnamon

Number of posts : 24
    Registration date : 2009-07-01

Post by BigCinnamon Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:03 am

EconoUSAparts wrote:To date, I have only front door seals available and the 2 seals that attach to the pop out window frame(the inner and outer seals). I don't have the body seal yet for the pop outs but its making progress after 3 attempts. I also have the complete window channel kits including the cat whiskers available.
    Front door seals are $109 a set,inner seal for pop out frame is $10 and outer is $15. Felt channel/fuzzy kit is $145 and does both doors. 2 prototypes have been made of the vent window but neither was acceptable yet.

$109 a set. As in both right and left? That's half of DC charges.
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Post by EconoUSAparts Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:50 am

Its been a year but Carpenter was $119 last I checked but theirs are poor fit.
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Post by EconoUSAparts Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:52 am

And yes a set at $109 does both sides
    BigCinnamon
    BigCinnamon

Number of posts : 24
    Registration date : 2009-07-01

Post by BigCinnamon Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:28 am

Thanks Tim. I was under the impression DC was $119 per side. Never bought them before.
    gh0st
    gh0st

Post by gh0st Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:33 pm

Hey Tim, how would I go about buying parts from you?
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Post by EconoUSAparts Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:41 pm

Just shoot me an email to EconoUSAparts@fuse.net with your needs.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 10:29 am