VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Restoration Specialties update------help request

EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Restoration Specialties update------help request Empty Restoration Specialties update------help request

Post by EconoUSAparts Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:50 pm

Talked with Dave today at R.S. and he said progress has been slow but that they are in process on the pop out windows seals and front door seals. Next to work on will be the vent windows.
    An area of reoccurring concern is the felt window channels they provide. I supplied them with NOS ones I got from Russ (like so many of us have) so they could correct the misalignment/spacing problem of the clips. They made a set using the NOS ones as a model and sent them to Terry Turner. He reports they still are wrong and dont line up. Does anyone know if there is any year break/differences between the years on the tracks and channels? I havent noticed any myself. The NOS ones have a 61 part number. I have yet to install a set of the NOS ones myself so have no idea on their fit as far as clip alignment. Nobody has complained that has bought any however unlike the aftermarket ones. Who here has installed them and on what years and were there any problems to report? We need to get to the bottom of this.
    southern man
    southern man

Number of posts : 486
    Registration date : 2008-05-21

Restoration Specialties update------help request Empty Re: Restoration Specialties update------help request

Post by southern man Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:10 pm

Can' t help with your question, but weren't they going to do a new seal for the doghouse lid? I need one.
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Restoration Specialties update------help request Empty Re: Restoration Specialties update------help request

Post by EconoUSAparts Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:26 pm

They plan on doing everything rubber on the van but thats gonna take time. Theres an au-ve-co seal that most folks use but i dont have the number handy. Same seal works for the battery box lid also.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 6:59 pm