VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

G-Van Rubber from Restoration Specialties and Supply

DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7900
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

G-Van Rubber from Restoration Specialties and Supply Empty G-Van Rubber from Restoration Specialties and Supply

Post by DanTheVanMan Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:33 am

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

G-Van Rubber from Restoration Specialties and Supply Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-
    K-Noods68
    K-Noods68

Number of posts : 148
    Registration date : 2014-05-22

G-Van Rubber from Restoration Specialties and Supply Empty Re: G-Van Rubber from Restoration Specialties and Supply

Post by K-Noods68 Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:46 am

Thanks for the heads up. I'm looking for all of that.
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

G-Van Rubber from Restoration Specialties and Supply Empty Re: G-Van Rubber from Restoration Specialties and Supply

Post by DanTheVanMan Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:09 am

Yep, New window & door seals just dropped off by UPS a few min ago and this new catalog as well. cheers

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-
    Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Number of posts : 5155
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

Post by Vanish Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:11 pm

Dan Let Us Know how it fit's !!!! and thanks For The info !!!!!

DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Post by DanTheVanMan Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:42 pm

I ordered the fixed window seals and side & rear door weather-strips this time.

~ The rear fixed window seals and locking beads went in as expected... (Like trying baptise a cat! Mad ) Frustrating as hell, but you just have to work them slow. Awesome tight fit when finish and seal great!

~ The barn-door weather-strips were a bit tricky. But after getting them in place and the holding tabs on the top & bottoms of the left doors attached I taped the weather-strips in place first for better control and then remove one piece of tape at a time, applying the adhesive then re-taping and it all fit well. Afterwards I added more tape just to make sure nothing came loose while drying over night with the doors open. ("FYI:" Never close the doors until adhesive is totally dry!)....

I used: "3M™️ Black Super Weatherstrip and Gasket Adhesive" (Good stuff!)

Over all very happy with the their products!

* Next order will be the windshield and front doors.

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by Digz Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:01 am

Getting a real good lock strip install tool makes that fixed window install easier but it is still wise to double or triple tape the area in the corners to protect the paint if it slips out on ya. After getting the door seals fitted and holes for the metal tabs ready to go , either with pop rivets or sheet metal screws, I lay the seals out on a sheet of plywood. Using a box of latex gloves I put a layer of the 3M adhesive on the door and the gasket separately. Let it tack up and then carefully place the gasket to the door. Have to admit though it is easier with the doors off and laying down. It sticks almost instantly this way and you don't want to mess up much. Still used the tape some to make sure it didn't move in some of the spots the adhesive was thicker. Was 6 years ago so I'm surely not remembering everything.
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Post by DanTheVanMan Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:56 am

Well, pulled all the tape this morning and closed the doors. Yep, one happy camper here! Nice fit and seal...

Next month I'll do the front doors weatherstrips, window fuzzies, channels and windshield... cheers

~Dan

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:17 am