VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

67 Master cylinder rebuild kits....

67 Master cylinder rebuild kits.... Empty 67 Master cylinder rebuild kits....

Post by Guest Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:51 pm

Raybestos, Dorman or just scrap it and upgrade?
    EconoCarl
    EconoCarl

Number of posts : 1109
    Registration date : 2008-05-19

67 Master cylinder rebuild kits.... Empty Re: 67 Master cylinder rebuild kits....

Post by EconoCarl Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:20 pm

What does the cylinder bore look like? If it's pitted you need to have it resleeved. I went with the complete D&D Brakes master cylinder conversion kit. Converts to a later model Ranger MC that can be bought anywhere later!

67 Master cylinder rebuild kits.... Empty Re: 67 Master cylinder rebuild kits....

Post by Guest Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:28 pm

Pulling it out tonight to check, pedal went to the floor when i pulled in from work, didn't leak much just weak pressure.
    EconoCarl
    EconoCarl

Post by EconoCarl Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:33 pm

Hopefully it wont be pitted. I ordered a MC kit from NAPA a couple of years ago. Seems like it was just shy of fifty bucks.
    econopoor
    econopoor
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1747
    Registration date : 2010-04-18

Post by econopoor Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:36 pm

The hot ticket is to have the 67 cylinder sleeved. There are two companies that will do it.

Sierra Specialty Automotive
    3494 Chandler Rd. Quincy, CA
    (530) 283-1886

White Post Restorations
    One Old Car Drive
    Post Office Drawer D
    White Post, VA 22663
    Email Us or call (540) 837-1140

Either will do a nice job and can provide a rebuild kit or completely rebuild it for you.

Once sleeved it will last a long time.

Others offer adapter kits to install late model master cylinders. These can be pretty pricey. They are good if you don't have a 67 master cylinder you can rebuild. If you go this way you can off set the cost by selling your 67 master cylinder core to another Econoline owner. They are worth big bucks.

Duane in Tennessee

Last edited by econopoor on Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by EconoUSAparts Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:22 am

EconoCarl wrote:Hopefully it wont be pitted. I ordered a MC kit from NAPA a couple of years ago. Seems like it was just shy of fifty bucks.

Thats about right for a 67 rebuild kit. Since you already have a 67,the cheapest and by far easiest solution is just to have it resleeved. Either white Post or Sierra can do it or site member Vic,aka Old Skool also offers these resleeved and rebuilt and plated to look like new. He may have one in stock where as the other 2 companies may take a few weeks turnaround time.

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:22 pm

Vics stuff is always top notch.

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:17 pm

Thanks for the Tips! I'll try and get a hold of Vic so i can get back on the road. Spotted an old Supervan with heavy duty badges at a scrapyard on my way to work, gonna see what i can scavange on monday!

Post by Guest Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:05 am

rebuilt the master cylinder with a raybestos kit, put it in last week and works great no leaks no problems.
    EconoCarl
    EconoCarl

Post by EconoCarl Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:29 pm

Glad it worked out for you!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:01 pm