VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

Overpowered Window Sprayers

Scott
    Scott

Number of posts : 1651
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Overpowered Window Sprayers Empty Overpowered Window Sprayers

Post by Scott Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:05 pm

The original sprayer pump quit working so I decided to replace it with an aftermarket pump. Well it still doesn’t spray the window, but it hits the garage ceiling pretty hard.

Any ideas on how to reduce the power going to this electric pump?

Right now, like the original pump, the positive wire is always on, the dashboard switch closes the ground to make it work.
    white-lightning
    white-lightning

Number of posts : 237
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

Overpowered Window Sprayers Empty Re: Overpowered Window Sprayers

Post by white-lightning Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:27 pm

If you have a ballast resistor laying around put it inline on the positive wire and see what happens.
    m1dadio
    m1dadio
    Chevy Guru

Number of posts : 1778
    Registration date : 2008-10-06

Post by m1dadio Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:03 pm

the squirter nozles are adjustable, the little ball can be rotated by putting a small wire into the hole. just make them hit the windshield. The higher presure is usefull at highway speed.

M1D
    Scott
    Scott

Post by Scott Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:48 pm

When I made the original post I had taken a quick look at the sprayers, but didn’t see a way to adjust them where they attach to the body. So I figured dropping the power to the motor was my only option. Either that pull it and put on something else. I don’t know how many of you have looked at how the original pump works, but it reminds me a lot of that board game Mouse Trap.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion WL, that's the kind of suggestions I was asking to get.

M1, thanks for pointing out how to adjust the sprayers. I went out tonight and was able to adjust the sprayer holes by using a safety pin.

I have to run a wire to bypass the switch because the sprayer button in the switch is messed-up. My wife chased me out of the garage tonight because I had some work done on my back this morning. Tomorrow I should be able to get out for another test.
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:31 pm

the squirters nust be bent-IF=? they are the type that has a metal (Like small pipe) nozzels?
    Scott
    Scott

Post by Scott Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:23 am

Like M1 said, the spray holes are in little steel balls. To adjust I just put a small paperclip in the hole and pulled it around until it hit the glass again.

It's still going to spray the people next to me, but a lot of it hits the window. It's good enough to pass inspection though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 5:49 am