VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+2
sasktrini
kiwimopar
6 posters

Is there some sort of spam filter here??

kiwimopar
    kiwimopar

Number of posts : 740
    Registration date : 2010-01-23

Is there some sort of spam filter here?? Empty Is there some sort of spam filter here??

Post by kiwimopar Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:18 am

Only asking because I have tried to be helpful recently by posting links to products & suppliers, only to get a message saying I don't have authority to post. Also tried to PM Cheeby for assistance ...with no reply. So then I tried to make a donation to see if that system works...heard nothing there either.....just real curious Question Hopefully someone has an answer...if this gets on the noticeboard that is.
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Number of posts : 2067
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Is there some sort of spam filter here?? Empty Re: Is there some sort of spam filter here??

Post by sasktrini Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:07 am

I see you Smile I'm just a guy though, not someone who can tell you what's what here... pure speculation!

You may be posting in an area that's only for the admins to post in... or maybe you have something in your internet security on your system that hasn't been set up to allow you to complete a donation transaction here... could be any number of things.

If I were Chebby, I would be in my van living on the road visiting from place to place right now, because it's our summer holiday season... she may be away from her keyboard. I will bet that one of her team will have some insight, but that's probably why you have no reply to your pm.

I would suggest that if you are unable to post the link directly in a list, it's probably maintained by the admins. post the link in a reply and ask them to add it. That can be standard protocol on many online forums.

Cheers kiwimopar!

Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Is there some sort of spam filter here?? Empty Re: Is there some sort of spam filter here??

Post by Twinpilot001 Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:04 am

check security settings on your computer??
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:11 pm

So are you saying that you can't post anything into this forum?

https://vintage-vans.forumotion.com/f45-a-parts-links
    Big W
    Big W

Number of posts : 3282
    Registration date : 2011-01-13

Post by Big W Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:55 pm

He is not alone here..I can't post pics either. Posted text and it went through, so I wonder, is there a web site problem???
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:23 pm

Pictures are hard to post if you use the Forum Uploader,,,,,,,and sometimes the system doesn't even work,,,,,,,so lets see if it works for this picture,,,,,,,

Is there some sort of spam filter here?? 10021010
    Big W
    Big W

Post by Big W Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:44 pm

HMMMMM ...maybe it"s my slow #ss internet provider. Been haveing issues with them lately. I will keep trying. Also it could be that my pics are to big. I will try something small..
    ..Is there some sort of spam filter here?? 1287-810
    ..yup it"s me.....dang it..lol
    kiwimopar
    kiwimopar

Post by kiwimopar Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:04 am

Thanks for the replies guys...at least this post got through Rolling Eyes

I can post stuff most places, but I tried to post a link to a company selling Ford steering box rebuilds, to help Sy in the UK, but the link seemed to be causing the problem. I could not even PM the same link to Sy direct. Ended up sending a crappy screenshot to him and that worked. So maybe the site is sensitive to certain websites/links etc

And my laptop settings should be fine - set to medium level to protect me, while allowing pretty much trouble free browsing - afterall, I was able to browse and save that link I tried to send to Sy.
    cheers

Lazarusvan
    Lazarusvan

Number of posts : 1293
    Registration date : 2011-02-22

Post by Lazarusvan Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:32 pm

donivan65 wrote:Pictures are hard to post if you use the Forum Uploader,,,,,,,and sometimes the system doesn't even work,,,,,,,so lets see if it works for this picture,,,,,,,

I don't know if there is a problem, Donivan, but the van in that photo looks like a piece of s***....!!! Laughing
    kiwimopar
    kiwimopar

Post by kiwimopar Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:51 pm

Lazarusman wrote:
    donivan65 wrote:Pictures are hard to post if you use the Forum Uploader,,,,,,,and sometimes the system doesn't even work,,,,,,,so lets see if it works for this picture,,,,,,,

I don't know if there is a problem, Donivan, but the van in that photo looks like a piece of s***....!!! Laughing

Maybe so, but it would likely go for $10k on fleabay tongue
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:53 pm

Well them there Dodges were at Pik a Part,,,,,so they are long gone,,,,,,surely parts of them are back here in another form,,,,,,,

Is there some sort of spam filter here?? 10021011

Is there some sort of spam filter here?? Phone_10

Is there some sort of spam filter here?? Pik_do13

Is there some sort of spam filter here?? Pik_do14

Post by Guest Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:57 pm

I have never had a problem posting pics here using the up loader.
    Big W
    Big W

Post by Big W Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:07 pm

Ya no..once I tried to post a pic and I didn't think it was working and then I realized that the picture size and your internet speed, it could take up to 15 minits to post. And that's how long it took. So my advice to those having pic post problems...find the smallest pic you have and try posting that first, untill you get the hang of it. Even with crappy internet ( like I have ) my pics now take about 3 to 5 minits to get them in here. I also changed my pic size and that helped a lot. It used to take about 8 minits to post a pic if I try when it's prime time for my internet provider.

Post by Guest Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:27 pm

WOW it takes me about one second to a pic once I have determined which pic to upload that is. I have Time Warner Cables fastest internet though. When I upload 20 pics it still takes maybe two seconds.
    Big W
    Big W

Post by Big W Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:30 pm

I have a wirless system and the upload/download is slow. Not dial up but not high speed either. I live in the country and that's all I can get out here. But I make it work. beets licking a stamp..lol. My last post on the electric fan install on my van took me about 25 minits to post all the pics and write the text.

Post by Guest Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:37 pm

I am too impatient for that. I have a wireless system too and we have 5 computers on it.

Post by Guest Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:39 pm

My cell phone uploads in a few seconds. That is one reason I have it. I hardly ever call anyone on it, just use it for the internet mostly when I am at the VA hospital or my grandsons Tae Kwon Do classes.
    Big W
    Big W

Post by Big W Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:49 pm

Well all I can say is someday I hope the cable companies will realize there's money to be made out here and they will put up more towers and then we can get the high speed. I certainly don't mind the price I pay which is only $53 dollars a month for TV and Internet, so I can't complain there. But I would gladly pay more for a faster service.

Post by Guest Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:56 pm

that is a good price. I pay $210.00 for high speed internet,phone and TV but I have all of the premium channels for my wife and grandson. I hardly ever watch TV.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:20 pm