VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+13
Vantastic
hywaychild
slowflapper
Twinpilot001
Nightmoves
Scott
itruns
Admin
Sy Hollinshead
Vanish
G-Man
benwah
DanTheVanMan
17 posters

WARNING- BAD SELLER ON EBAY- VANNER'S PLEASE READ!!!!

DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7899
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

WARNING- BAD SELLER ON EBAY- VANNER'S PLEASE READ!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: WARNING- BAD SELLER ON EBAY- VANNER'S PLEASE READ!!!!

Post by DanTheVanMan Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:39 am

Sent him a little "Nasty-Gram" and in no certain terms told me to "F--k-Off" and said if I could prove it, I would have already....

Would love to meet this "A-hole" in person someday!!!

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

WARNING- BAD SELLER ON EBAY- VANNER'S PLEASE READ!!!! - Page 2 Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-

WARNING- BAD SELLER ON EBAY- VANNER'S PLEASE READ!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: WARNING- BAD SELLER ON EBAY- VANNER'S PLEASE READ!!!!

Post by Guest Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:50 am

thanks, I'm new to this and would have been sucked in by this looser. another reason why this is a great forum!!, anyone live near this guy!!!,
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:00 am

Just emailed craigslist with a report-maybe we can get this guy off all the sites!!
    slowflapper
    slowflapper

Number of posts : 956
    Registration date : 2010-07-29

Post by slowflapper Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:18 am

what are the chances we can sticky this thread?

Lots of crooks out there.
    hywaychild
    hywaychild

Number of posts : 389
    Registration date : 2008-05-27

Post by hywaychild Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:23 pm

looks like they got him shut down for now ... he has a 0 feedback for now
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Post by DanTheVanMan Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:33 pm

Jay, Back in Jun of 2009 I and several other eBay buyers filed a formal complaint with eBay and PayPal. He has was banned from selling on eBay for one year. If you search by seller: drs6969. He still has his feedback score of 525. Vanner's and Chevy LUV owners are on to him so he started selling on Craigslist. I have since contacted Craigslist and they said if he has not defrauded me through the use of their site they can't pursue the complaint.

Dan

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-
    Vantastic
    Vantastic

Number of posts : 290
    Registration date : 2011-02-28

Post by Vantastic Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:01 pm

EBAY is the Devil!! I got ripped off by a guy in New York selling a 64' window falcon, Davidkathleen55. I'm still try'n to work it out but it doesn't look good. Mad Twisted Evil
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:50 pm

organ grinder

Number of posts : 149
    Registration date : 2008-10-11

Post by organ grinder Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:14 pm

Vantastic wrote:EBAY is the Devil!! I got ripped off by a guy in New York selling a 64' window falcon, Davidkathleen55. I'm still try'n to work it out but it doesn't look good. Mad Twisted Evil

I'm curious to why E-Bay is the devil and how this guy ripped you off? Enlighten us please.

OG
    blackace
    blackace

Number of posts : 450
    Registration date : 2010-09-16

Post by blackace Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:29 am

So can you give us why not to look at or buy this van? More detail is always better.

I also think there should be one thread that just has names of people that are "Do not buy from" and where they sell for any of the newer people that are starting to look for parts. just my thoughts

Post by Guest Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:38 am

Yeah, a "WALL OF SHAME" Sticky.
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Post by DanTheVanMan Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:50 am

blackace wrote:

So can you give us why not to look at or buy this van? More detail is always better.

I also think there should be one thread that just has names of people that are "Do not buy from" and where they sell for any of the newer people that are starting to look for parts. just my thoughts

Blackace,
    Please read the "Whole" thread and you should understand. This A-hole has been praying on vanners and Chevy LUV owners for years on eBay as well as Craigslist and has sold this van several times!!! You interested in rolling the dice? Go for it! But no one here will feel sorry for you since you've warned....... This jerk was a member once and "BANNED" from our site.
    I also agree with your idea of a "Sticky Thread" to warn folks about people who are focused on ripping off our members.

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

blackace
    blackace

Number of posts : 450
    Registration date : 2010-09-16

Post by blackace Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:06 am

Dan, I have been following this thread and had seen a few different posts. Just did not catch that it was the same guy that was originally listed. This subject is very important to me as I have been searching for parts and don't need to throw money away as there is not much to start with. AKA why I suggested having one sticky post of just the names and where they sell so that newer people can see who to avoid without having to read through pages of threads to figure it out. Thanks to everyone for putting all the information out for everyone so they don't have the same issues that others have had in the past.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1731
    Registration date : 2008-05-01

Post by Admin Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:29 pm

You supply me with a list, I'll get the ball started.....
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Post by DanTheVanMan Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:38 am

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8726
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by dix Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:11 pm

maybe there is a way to keep them out of the web site. i think what happens is , they go on this site as well as vannin.com to look at the wanted list. then post the item you are looking for on e-bay. Iit seams that way with the jerk-off from hollywood as well.maybe it's just me.
    BajaCharlie
    BajaCharlie

Number of posts : 619
    Registration date : 2010-01-07

Post by BajaCharlie Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:30 am

dealt with the guy in holllywood before he did come thru on the parts went to his pad and bought a few extra parts too.Hes not a "vanner" just a van owner little weird too and his stuffs a little high most of the time but he hasnt screwed anyone I know of.A buddy of mine got stuff from him ttoo with no issues.
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8726
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by dix Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:59 pm

here is the hollywood sugesting a oil bath 2 barrel air cleaner came on a-100 and hemi's a 2 barrel hemi . hmmmm really

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:24 pm