VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+13
AzDon
RodStRace
Billy Pilgrim
Admin
vanny
dan nachel
Joe Van
dix
Wheelie
G-Man
Twinpilot001
m1dadio
DanTheVanMan
17 posters

Buyer's Beware.. ( Seller's to Avoid or use caution when dealing with )

DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7900
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Buyer's Beware.. ( Seller's to Avoid or use caution when dealing with ) Empty Buyer's Beware.. ( Seller's to Avoid or use caution when dealing with )

Post by DanTheVanMan Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:25 am

I always try to keep "All Posts" in "Happy Vanner mode" but there comes a time where a warning post is in order. With all the wonderful new members we have joining us this year I believe this is necessary. With some sellers now starting negative selling practices and after several discussions on the topic we should start a post on Bad/Questionable sellers. This thread should be for those seller's who post on eBay, Craigslist or any Posting/Selling website that our members might search for van and or van parts.

Please post with moderation:
    If the seller has a history of ripping folks off, extremely high priced or inflated shipping to compensate for a $1 starting price, request payment through any "Untraceable " method. Please keep on mind the "one time" does not warrant posting here unless the seller openly admitted to screwing you. If this is the case please post their "Comments" here to warn everyone.
    I have paid too much for a part I really needed before and not saying do not buy from anyone. Just would like all our members to be as informed as possible before engaging a seller with negative selling history with Vintage-Vans Members. When posting to this thread please explain in detail.

What the situation was:
    Who- (User name(s), Where listed, Item links)
    How- (Shipping hiking, Non- delivery of items, Over inflated shipping or pricing or illegally titled, Etc.)
    Where- ( eBay or Craigslist. kiwi, Etc.)
    Remarks- (Any relevant info our members should be aware of)

Thanks,
    DanTheVanMan

Last edited by DanTheVanMan on Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:28 am; edited 2 times in total

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

Buyer's Beware.. ( Seller's to Avoid or use caution when dealing with ) Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Buyer's Beware.. ( Seller's to Avoid or use caution when dealing with ) Empty Re: Buyer's Beware.. ( Seller's to Avoid or use caution when dealing with )

Post by DanTheVanMan Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:30 am

And of course I will start this off....

1964 Chevy G10 Van - $5,000 (New Castle) (Bad "Truck" Title)

http://pittsburgh.ebayclassifieds.com/classic-cars/new-castle/1964-chevy-g10-van/?ad=9465986

Email this guy several times asking about the truck title and the fact that the the van is a late 65 or 66. He's ignoring me now.....

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

Buyer's Beware.. ( Seller's to Avoid or use caution when dealing with ) Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Buyer's Beware.. ( Seller's to Avoid or use caution when dealing with ) Empty Re: Buyer's Beware.. ( Seller's to Avoid or use caution when dealing with )

Post by DanTheVanMan Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:35 am

COOL LOOKING 1965 CHEVY VAN G10 (WARNING- BEWARE!)

He has just removed the Van from Craigslist... Hope he didn't just "RESELL" it again!

Here's one of his other listings:
    http://amarillo.craigslist.org/pts/2214359076.html

He's back!!! Same van, same price. For sale for the 6th or 7th time. This van has sold on eBay several times and this guy keeps re-listing it 6 months after it has been sold.... This is the same guy who has been ripping off vanner's on eBay for years.....

Just a Warning for those of you looking for Early parts on eBay.
    There is a Seller: drs6969 out of Amarillo, TX, Please be very careful. He has a long history of ripping folks by selling on eBay and not sending items then reselling those items months later. If you’re the first buyer, you get ripped off. If you’re the second from what I have been hearing you may actually get the part. And some are in such bad shape they can't be used, only trashed.

HE WILL ONLY TAKE MONEY ORDER BANK/CASHIERS CHECK. AND WILL NOT ACCEPT CREDIT CARDS PERSONAL CHECKS OR PAYPAL. *** Basically he won't take any form of payment directly traceable back to him.

These folks on eBay have all been ripped-off by the jerk buying van parts. Most never received their parts, others received items in such poor condition they were just tossed in the trash. (ky3023, 1824white, shark2959, thunderkiss61, deepwatersales, rr72nrz, 64madmax, starlet9x, mizeboy, monniesssw).

And Yes, I am one of those listed above. Hindsight and a lot of research on this guy turned out to be a real "Bitch" and a $120 complete loss..... "Beware".

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Post by DanTheVanMan Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:22 am

Here's a caution post. Seller: Welder-joe on ebay.

Has some very cool items for sale. please be aware of his shipping costs! Many items have a $0.99 starting price but have shipping prices well over 1000% of what would be actual cost. I emailed about the cost of 5 items and was quoted a combined shipping cost that was still well over 600% of actual.

[u]

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

m1dadio
    m1dadio
    Chevy Guru

Number of posts : 1778
    Registration date : 2008-10-06

Post by m1dadio Thu May 26, 2011 7:06 pm

I have just been contacted twice by what I now know to be a known scammer.

I was suspicous of the email and the not answering my questions so I googled the email name, address and full text. I discovered many links to this same email scm attempt at others selling everthing from hay to you name it.

Some how they found out I had brake brackets to sell. That could only have come through the vanning comunity because I donot advertise brackets anywhere else.

Here is the name used.
    Bob Wilson “Urgent order”

False email address that shows in the email “from” line.
    sales.anderson1@gmail.com

Real address wbob505@yahoo.com

Used to go by the name Mark Anderson

The scam email looks like this, but place the words of what you are selling into the brackets

Hello
    This is Bob and I will like to order ( Disc Brake )Do get back to
    me with the types and cost for the ones you do carry and let me know
    if there is an extra cost when using visa or master Card.Kindly get
    back to me with your name Are you the sales manager or the Owner?
    Regards....
    Bob Wilson

I think you should not contact the above addresses, or you will be on thier list. They do money fraud but also ID theft.

The only place I talk about selling brake brackets is on www.vcvc.org and www.vintage-vans.com

There is a site online called the Haybarn that has a large list of known scammers by name and address.

http://www.haybarn.com/main/scams.asp

Stay safe
    M1D
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Thu May 26, 2011 7:17 pm

Thanx to all who have made all of us aware - great job - Ive also become cautious to ads that ask for a quick deposit and payment by bank draft or cashiers check- NEVER PayPal - careful- If it was only legal to kill some people =There would be a lot less scammers out there !! affraid

Post by Guest Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:53 pm

I have bought several items from WelderJoe and never a problem The shipping wasn't out of line and the quality was nice. I am getting ready to buy a few more parts from him
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Post by DanTheVanMan Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:43 pm

vanishingbreed wrote:I have bought several items from Welder-Joe and never a problem The shipping wasn't out of line and the quality was nice. I am getting ready to buy a few more parts from him

Mike, that post was a "Caution" post. Joe has some really cool stuff. And most shipping is in what we would call normal ranges but about 20% have highly inflated shipping to compensate for a $1 or very low starting price. I too ordered many things and got bit big-time on my first order ($87 shipping on a $127 order). I have been very careful since. He has some nice things, just watch the total shipping when he combines, he only drops the shipping about 10% from the shipped separately price. Not the impression I got when I talked to him. Just one of those "Buyer Beware" things..... Very nice guy!!!

Dan

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:51 pm

Sounds like he should stay on our list. Gouging on shipping is just as bad as selling junk
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Post by DanTheVanMan Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:27 pm

Case and point:
    If you bought these items (Actual listed items)(Yes, you can "Click" on them)

1. Aluminum Battery Tray
    2. Ford Dip-Stick
    3. 3-Hole Gauge Bezel
    4. RAT ROD AIR INTAKE
    5. Small Custom Door Pulls

The total cost of all five items: $174.41
    Now shipping would be: $117.38
    And now your total cost is: $291.79

He does give "Combined shipping" discounts if and "only if" you contact him in advanced. (His words, not mine) So, you get $11.70 (10%) off your shipping if you bought all of these items.

"Anyway, my point is please check the shipping before bidding...."

Most of Welder-Joe items are priced very well as are the shipping costs and again, he's a really nice guy and I don't want to discourage anyone from buying from him. Just be aware of the total cost.

Dan

Last edited by DanTheVanMan on Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:00 am; edited 1 time in total

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

Post by Guest Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:44 pm

I only buy his "buy it now items" and they always seem to be fair on the shipping. I have seen other sellers charge .99 for an item and $175.00 for shipping. When I see excessive shipping I always report the seller to ebay
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Post by DanTheVanMan Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:49 pm

vanishingbreed wrote:I only buy his "buy it now items" and they always seem to be fair on the shipping. I have seen other sellers charge .99 for an item and $175.00 for shipping. When I see excessive shipping I always report the seller to ebay

As we all should Mike...... Cool

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

Wheelie
    Wheelie

Number of posts : 322
    Registration date : 2013-02-22

Post by Wheelie Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:57 pm

*update- I got an apologetic phone call this morning and he promised me that he will make it right and get me a usable panel to replace the hacked panel. So I will update again after He follows through.

Well Heres my bad experience by a fairly new member A100Wrench ..... His name I will keep to just Joe. I have his last name as well but I am giving him an opportunity to get square w me. He contacted me via PM. We talked on the phone,seemed like a nice honest guy. he stated he had the wheel openings off a van and he would remove them and mail them to me. He did, and I got them a long with the lock I asked for as well.(took awhile but he said he had to fix his forklift to access where the van was which was a few months). Long story short I got the package today and the panels are complete turds that I paid $75 each for plus freight. I sent him 2 PMs but havent heard back.... Probably wont either. My biggest gripe is one of the panels has been cut up and reworked or as I call it completely fucked up. It appears that it is a homemade repair panel or a poorly cobbled attempt at a repair panel. The other panel was original but had rust through and was creased in a part that I now have to rework if it can even be saved. My biggest problem is during our phone convo None of this was disclosed and I was under the impression I was getting ORIGINAL UNMOLESTED PANELS, not one original panel with rust and creased damage and a hacked panel that has been cut up and reworked. I would have just gotten something else. I am on a budget on this thing and now I am out $175 plus still having to waste time and money to repair my already cut up body on my van. Heres the panels, what do yall think?

original panel with rust through. not a huge deal but let me know what im getting.
    Buyer's Beware.. ( Seller's to Avoid or use caution when dealing with ) Photo_zps5cc540a4
    Carbboard template of wheel opening off a unmolested van compared to crappy panel that has been reworked.
    Buyer's Beware.. ( Seller's to Avoid or use caution when dealing with ) Image_zps4e22e10f
    you can see where the edge has been cut with tin snips and then rolled back into a fender lip, its not a crisp bend like an original. ugh.
    Buyer's Beware.. ( Seller's to Avoid or use caution when dealing with ) Image_zps33160fe0

iriginal panel with factory reinforcement seen on top, crappy panel on bottom with all the holes and no reinforcement.
    Buyer's Beware.. ( Seller's to Avoid or use caution when dealing with ) Image_zpsf2e8c3ea

Last edited by Wheelie on Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:22 am; edited 1 time in total
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Post by Twinpilot001 Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:12 pm

well =wheelie -thats just sad to hear & see!! We have lots of new members here -so just be cautious till we see how they actually are? I do think its best to trust in all yet we do seem to get bit as many newbies are just wanting to sell junk to the "Good Guys " Most of us old members will always help another vanner with what we can -thats really why we are still here too! Sad to know that -Happy vannin!!
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8729
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by dix Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:29 pm

VERY WELL STATED T.P.

Post by Twinpilot001 Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:00 pm

Thanx - us old members always take care to the vanners i do believe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!cheers 
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Post by Twinpilot001 Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:02 pm

Thanx - us old members  always take care to the  vanners i do believe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!cheers
    Wheelie
    Wheelie

Post by Wheelie Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:53 pm

My buddy dropped off his van for some repairs tonight and he told me he found
    parts vans (theres actually 2!)so hopefully I will have some parts I can see and touch. It's crazy how things come full circle.
    Wheelie
    Wheelie

Post by Wheelie Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:24 am

I spoke with him this morning. He is sending me a replacement panel so we will see! I updated my original post to reflect that I do believe he is trying to make it right with me.
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8729
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by dix Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:11 pm

Glad to hear that. keep us updated...

Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:31 pm

Good to hear he making this right
    Joe Van
    Joe Van
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 4619
    Registration date : 2012-10-11

Post by Joe Van Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:12 pm

YEA I agree he has to make good on those panels they are repairable but in really rough shape. Too bad you missed those NOS ones a while back...........I had a guy a while back from Ebay trying to get me to pay for a part he had for sale outside of his Ebay account so he would not have to pay them witch is highly recommend NOT TO DO from Ebay because of scammers or fraud so I did not reply back...Boy there are really some JERK OFF'S out there these days you really have to watch your self.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    dan nachel
    dan nachel

Number of posts : 394
    Registration date : 2012-01-24

Post by dan nachel Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:47 pm

Personally, I won't buy anything off e-bay unless they except pay-pal and if the shipping cost more than the part, I give it serious thought.
    Wheelie
    Wheelie

Post by Wheelie Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:51 pm

I wanted to update on the bad body panel issue. I received the replacement panel today and was extremely satisfied. Joe (A100wrench) really stepped up to the plate to make it right. Lesson I learned is to make sure I ask and get a good description of any used item if no picture is available. Oh andmaybe not rant about it before giving the guy a chance Smile I would definitely trust Joe again on future transactions. He actually has found a seat bracket I have been looking for despite the previous hiccup and offered to help me out. I definitely give him credit for doing the right thing. Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Post by vanny Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:54 pm

Love to hear that! cheers 

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:21 am