VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

desert trip

desert trip Empty desert trip

Post by Guest Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:49 pm

took the van and wifey out to the desert in osoyoos b.c. it was very hot. peaked at about 105 deg f. any way we drove the van a long way for a week down there and it did well. i put some of that red line water wetter in the rad and it dropped the temp at most about ten degrees at full temperature. we were running about 190 deg f at the least and 200 f at most. the motor is the 144 with a new aluminum three core rad. i was very happy with that performance considering that the old girl turns over on a minus 4 deg f winter day like no problem. all weather machines. bought a '75 boler from an old couple down there too. want to pull it with the van just need a hitch. any ideas???
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7899
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

desert trip Empty Re: desert trip

Post by DanTheVanMan Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:58 am

Steve,
    Sounds like you had a good trip. Glad to here everything worked well. Got to take a first "LONG" trip at some point . I use water wetter too, good stuff! I would love to find an old Boler someday those little thigs are cool! You can get a standard hitch from Walmart and make it work, just do alot of measuring first. Most of the kits you'll have to cut off the top tabs where the kits mount to the frame since their designed to go over the frame.

Dan

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

desert trip Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-

Post by Guest Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:31 pm

thanks for the tip Dan. i'll look into the walmart hitches. as for the bolers yeah they are neato. after only a week we have transformed the inside into a 50's diner. thanks again

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:52 am