VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Has anyone seen this Master Cylinder adapter set up???

Slick Steve
    Slick Steve

Number of posts : 38
    Registration date : 2010-06-08

Has anyone seen this Master Cylinder adapter set up???   Empty Has anyone seen this Master Cylinder adapter set up???

Post by Slick Steve Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:51 am

Econoline Master Cylinder Adapter

Has anyone used one of these? I talked to the guy making these and it seems like a great option. Any ideas?

econopoor
    econopoor
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1747
    Registration date : 2010-04-18

Has anyone seen this Master Cylinder adapter set up???   Empty Re: Has anyone seen this Master Cylinder adapter set up???

Post by econopoor Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:40 am

I've seen a few different versions of that style. That one looks better than most I've seen. The only problem I can see is that the push rod is very long. Has to be tuff so it doesn't bend when you push the pedal. There is a lot of force on it and lenght makes it worse.
    Duane in Tennessee
    score602
    score602

Number of posts : 140
    Registration date : 2010-04-05

Has anyone seen this Master Cylinder adapter set up???   Empty Re: Has anyone seen this Master Cylinder adapter set up???

Post by score602 Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:34 pm

i would use threaded rod with QA1 spherical rod ends...strength should be no issue with 7/16 or even 1/2 threaded rod
    score602
    score602

Number of posts : 140
    Registration date : 2010-04-05

Post by score602 Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:35 pm

i know people said that a ford ranger master will work but what year are we talking??

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 10:32 am