VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

column 4-speed linkage

column 4-speed linkage Empty column 4-speed linkage

Post by Guest Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:00 pm

need 4-speed linkage, cable, brackets. etc for G-10/20 1969/70. This is is a column shift "option" sold in those years. Drawings will do too. We could make the parts in a machine shop. I have the correct BW T10 4-speed transmission,and rods. need everything up front including the lock out cable. Will pay top dollar for help.
    Rino Sclippa
    1969 Chevy Van 108
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

column 4-speed linkage Empty Re: column 4-speed linkage

Post by donivan65 Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:12 pm

Something like this, Rino????

column 4-speed linkage 4spd10

column 4-speed linkage Empty column 4-speed linkage

Post by Guest Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:27 pm

a 1965 would be different from a 1969 "second generation" ?
    kookykrispy
    kookykrispy

Number of posts : 1533
    Registration date : 2009-05-22

Post by kookykrispy Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:09 pm

wOW,

That is really cool Donivan... I had no idea a 4 speed was even an option for 1st gens!
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:23 pm

I sure did not believe it until I tripped over it in Pick a Part,,,,,and the guys here said buy it,,,,,,that might be one of the last in the world. So I own one,,,,,and the column,,,,,And now I meet Rino in San Diego and he has a 4 speed trans out of a 2nd Gen and needs a column,,,,so more to come on this situation,,,,,,

column 4-speed linkage Chevy_81

Post by Guest Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:25 am

There is a 1968 108 near my house with a factory 4-speed. Owners are letting van rot in backyard and will not part with it. All literature I have come across says this was an option for 1968 & 1969. I heard rumours of shift rods locking up when new.

Post by Guest Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:28 pm

Dear KC,
    Yes, the rods get tangled and stuck. This can be overcome by slow, easy movement, and exact shifts. I drove one for 20 years that way, and it is gone now. I have a 3-speed 1969 G-10 108. Low gear struggles with the 250-6, I need the lower first gear, I miss it. I have only the trans left. A BWT10 from the gone van. I need that cable linkage shown, as well as the steering column and 4-speed column shifter, seems to be one unit (column and linkage) What can you sell me? I am sorry to hear about a dead one nearby that would be nice to have. I have a 1969 G-10 Sportvan "wreck" that I am working over for parts, but it's an "automatic" van

Post by Guest Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:09 am

I always shifted the manual trans easily and found that by going through all the gears backwards (with clutch pushed in) the linkage never locked up when coming to a stop. I have no parts to sell involving a 4-speed if that is what you are asking. I also have a '69 G10 that was originally an automatic, converted it to 3-speed manual and now back to a factory auto.
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:50 am

Rino hauls a lot of stuff in his van and wants to put in the 4 speed trans with the Granny gear,,,,,,he has the trans and he now has my steering column and shift lever assembly out of a 66 to check out and see if it will fit his 69. But we would be interested in any 4 speed Early Van transmission parts if anyone runs across any.
    wdaguy
    wdaguy

Number of posts : 156
    Registration date : 2009-02-10

column 4-speed linkage Empty free linkage??

Post by wdaguy Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:59 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have a 1968 108 chevy van. It is a g20, 6cyl., with a column shift four speed, It has rust on doors and front floor. (It was used for years for storage.) Lots of parts or restore. Free to a good home. It is located near Seattle Wa.

You could try getting it from him just a thought????

Post by Guest Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:37 pm

Steve,
    I in San Diego could use "some" of it. But it is too far away. Maybe I will find others who could help. Please pass my name along with it as the new owner will trash the column 4-speed, for something custom, and I would be very interested to buy the assembly.
    Thanks.
    Rino Sclippa

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:22 pm