VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Slant to smallblock trans adapter package needed

Reed
    Reed

Number of posts : 6
    Registration date : 2018-07-18

Slant to smallblock trans adapter package needed Empty Slant to smallblock trans adapter package needed

Post by Reed Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:50 am

Hello. I am looking for an adapter plate and crank spacer to mate a slant six to a Chrysler smallblock transmission. These were installed in the 64-67 A100s and A108s. Shipping will be cost prohibitive, so I am trying to find one as close as possible to Tacoma, WA. Any leads are appreciated. Also, the cheaper the better.
    Dantra
    Dantra

Number of posts : 293
    Registration date : 2009-08-31

Slant to smallblock trans adapter package needed Empty Re: Slant to smallblock trans adapter package needed

Post by Dantra Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:04 am

68 had a flywheel index change.. what year is your slant? Might be easier to just find an A being parted and grab the trans...
    Reed
    Reed

Slant to smallblock trans adapter package needed Empty Re: Slant to smallblock trans adapter package needed

Post by Reed Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:12 am

My slant is a 76, and the application is a 76 D100, not an A. I am trying to mate an A500 trans to a slant six and the easiest way to accomplish that is using the factory adapter. I am aware of the crank hub register diameter change and am planning on having to run an adapter ring and machine the spacer.
    Dantra
    Dantra

Post by Dantra Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:24 am

Still sounds like alot of trouble.. but good luck with your search
    Reed
    Reed

Post by Reed Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:25 pm

It is easier than any of the alternatives. There were no automatic overdrives made for the slant, and adapting the A500 with a factory Dodge adapter package is the easiest way to get an auto overdrive trans.
    Dantra
    Dantra

Post by Dantra Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:52 pm

Ahhh, I gotcha now. I know what you're after now. Good luck

on a side note, I had my wife set me up a facebook account so I could troll the A100 groups but mostly cause I wanted to look at market place. I see a bunch of info for parts in the groups
    Reed
    Reed

Post by Reed Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:55 pm

Yup. I am on facebook and I have posted want ads on as many Mopar an van related sites I can think of.
    Dantra
    Dantra

Post by Dantra Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:15 pm

PM BILL Carson on here.. He was telling me on the phone about a barn full parts that he knows of.. they refer to it as the A100 grocery store
    Reed
    Reed

Post by Reed Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:18 pm

Thanks. I might give that a try.
    scottie8door
    scottie8door

Number of posts : 39
    Registration date : 2013-11-15

Post by scottie8door Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:59 pm

reed, i have a couple of the setup you are looking for.
    you should need the spacer, bolts and flex plate.

scottie
    Reed
    Reed

Post by Reed Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:53 pm

THanks. I found a complete setup.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:06 pm