VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

5 posters

M/C Adapter

RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

M/C Adapter Empty M/C Adapter

Post by RodStRace Wed May 26, 2010 12:22 pm

bostonmike

Number of posts : 7
    Registration date : 2010-05-26

M/C Adapter Empty Re: M/C Adapter

Post by bostonmike Wed May 26, 2010 7:34 pm

Hey I had Steve at Industrial Chassis here in Phoenix design this m/c bracket for my 64 econoline.It uses any ford dual m/c (mustang,ranger,etc)It will bolt right up with no modifications at all. I believe the ranger m/c will be the one to use as the brake lines come on the pass. side of the m/c. The cost of the ranger m/c at autozone is about 120.00 so all in all pretty good pricing from Steve.I hope to install this weekend. When I worked at Industrial we installed many of his m/c kits in many applications so when it came time to design mine there was no question who would do it! Now if I can talk him into some chassis work on my van...... Smile
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Wed May 26, 2010 9:24 pm

Welcome to the site bostonmike!!!!
    bostonmike

Post by bostonmike Wed May 26, 2010 9:52 pm

Thanks, Ive been a lurker for a while ! This place has been invaluable for info and tech. I have a 64 econo van that is getting a 302/c4 combo already in the works .When I figure out how to post pics I will show how everything is going! Thanks Mike
    bostonmike

Post by bostonmike Wed May 26, 2010 9:53 pm

Oh and G-Man you must be the sites shopper as you seem to know where everything for sale is haha
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by EconoUSAparts Fri May 28, 2010 2:58 am

Mike,welcome to the site. That looks like a quality made bracket. I would love to see pics of the bracket installed. I would also like more information about it. Its no secret Im a supporter of the bracket offered by D and D but I support any product that I genuinely feel is a good one and reasonably priced. As far as price goes,this bracket is $ 30 cheaper than D and D (and way cheaper than Modern Forum's bracket of which its very similar to) however its not the same. The D and D bracket comes with a grease fitting to lubricate the pedal bushing like the original master cylinder has. I dont see that on this bracket. D and D includes an upgraded BRONZE pedal bushing which is better than the original one. With D and D,the stock push rod is used. I see no mention of whats being used with this one but obviously a longer one. D and D also has a provision for the brake light. What is used with this one? Let's not forget that the D and D provides the fittings for a remote fill setup. With this one moving the master cylinder back further under the seat,the floor would need to be cut to access the fill lid. Im sure you mean well but I dont think its totally accurate that this is a bolt in with no mods necessary.
    I want to emphasize this is NOT an attack on the bracket or its maker. Im merely gathering all the facts so that everyone has a fair comparison. I encourage anyone to invent,produce,or design products to make our hobbies safer,more dependable or easier to maintain. I look forward to hearing more.
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Post by EconoUSAparts Fri May 28, 2010 8:27 am

[quote="bostonmike"] The cost of the ranger m/c at autozone is about 120.00

Mike,what master cylinder is that? The ones for the D and D kits are only $32.99 and $33.99 at Car Quest. The right "Spec" master cylinder is very important. Autozone just quoted me $34.99 for the Ranger . Also theres a $35 core charge if you dont have an old one.

Last edited by EconoUSAparts on Fri May 28, 2010 8:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additional info)
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Number of posts : 2067
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Post by sasktrini Mon May 31, 2010 10:31 am

Welcome BostonMike! This is very interesting!!!
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Post by EconoUSAparts Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:29 am

So like,did I run everyone but Corey off with my questions? I'd really like to get more info on this.
    bostonmike

Post by bostonmike Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:05 am

Hey guys ,I did not run off just enjoying my weekend off ! Econousa I will be picking the bracket up this week I didn't get a chance last week. I can try to answer you thoughts ,I believe I will be getting a bushing that doesn't need oiling? I will ask Steve,We talked about putting a different brake light switch on the van so that was not a concern,You are correct in my mistatement (isn't that a politicians excuse haha) that it will be a no modification install as I will be putting in an access door (basically enlarging the existing hole in the floor for the old master cyl) I was wrong in claiming no mods. but those are the only mods that I can think off having to do .I did not want a remote fill nor did I want to spend a small fortune on a fix for dual mc. For some reason when I got the price for the ranger master I posted I was very surprised at the cost as I remember buying these all the time at Industrial Chassis for around 35-40 dollars .The counter phone person(salesman?) must have given me the wrong info.You are correct in your price. I did not know of D-D master cyl bracket ,haven't even seen it-link? .This bracket will need a longer pushrod or just extend?the original not sure what route just yet .I hope to install this soon so when I do I will take pics and gather info for anyone interested also call Steve as he probably already has this info and I am completely off base with my info haha
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

Post by RodStRace Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:24 am

Glad to see that it was just a weekend!
    Let us all know how this works out, as the install and use is the point!
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Post by EconoUSAparts Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:00 pm

Last year after Bakers some pics were posted of the d and d bracket but I ll be darned if I remember what its under here on site. Maybe someone knows which post it was and can direct you to it. Its a pretty slick bracket setup. I ll be taking one with me to Carlisle tomorrow for show and tell along with some other new d and d products to show off.

Post by Guest Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:43 pm

EconoUSAparts wrote:Last year after Bakers some pics were posted of the d and d bracket but I ll be darned if I remember what its under here on site. Maybe someone knows which post it was and can direct you to it. Its a pretty slick bracket setup. I ll be taking one with me to Carlisle tomorrow for show and tell along with some other new d and d products to show off.
    Here it is: https://vintage-vans.forumotion.com/e-van-general-discussion-f5/rare-part-and-great-news-for-econo-owners-t6108.htm?highlight=rar+part
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Post by EconoUSAparts Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:54 am

Thanks Mike.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 2:37 pm