VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Location of washer bottle or bag and motor in cab

tikiwagon
    tikiwagon

Number of posts : 55
    Registration date : 2012-10-22

Location of washer bottle or bag and motor in cab Empty Location of washer bottle or bag and motor in cab

Post by tikiwagon Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:53 am

Hi Does anyone have some pics of where the Location of the washer bottle or bag and motor are in the cab area of a 66 Van as mine is all missing and would like to know where they would normally mount, under the dash is a bit of a mess with wires all over the place
    Thanks
    jdlaugh
    jdlaugh

Number of posts : 298
    Registration date : 2013-03-18

Location of washer bottle or bag and motor in cab Empty Re: Location of washer bottle or bag and motor in cab

Post by jdlaugh Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:09 pm

This appears to show it mounted to the bulkhead under the floor next to the radiator. Mine didn't come with a washer system. Maybe others will chime in.

Location of washer bottle or bag and motor in cab Washer10
    tikiwagon
    tikiwagon

Location of washer bottle or bag and motor in cab Empty Re: Location of washer bottle or bag and motor in cab

Post by tikiwagon Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:12 pm

Thanks for the reply, No others yet and can't see any obvious location apart from some cut of hoses under dash so might have to buy a universal washer bag kit
    jdlaugh
    jdlaugh

Number of posts : 298
    Registration date : 2013-03-18

Post by jdlaugh Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:21 pm

If you're on Facebook you might check out the 61-67 Econolines group. Very active with a large number of very knowledgeable folks. And several members in the UK.

Sad to say, as that group has grown, the number of folks on this forum has shrunk.... Sad
    tikiwagon
    tikiwagon

Post by tikiwagon Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:44 am

Will do thanks, I am also on a tiki forum and every one has left that too!
    jifop
    jifop

Number of posts : 65
    Registration date : 2016-05-22

Post by jifop Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:32 pm

The original as pictured above sat under the driver's seat and was on a hose so could be easily pulled out and refilled.

I've bought a universal one and am going to fit it under the dash somewhere.
    tikiwagon
    tikiwagon

Post by tikiwagon Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:27 am

Thanks i will get a universal one too but might mount under the seat as there seems to plenty of room there

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:40 am