VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+8
mcfly
BILLS66
EconoUSAparts
thecruger
wylee
sasktrini
mo_1040
G-Man
12 posters

New to site and to vans, need advice. Thanks

EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

New to site and to vans, need advice. Thanks - Page 2 Empty Re: New to site and to vans, need advice. Thanks

Post by EconoUSAparts Mon May 11, 2009 5:32 pm

No problem Sask, it takes time to pick up on all the year to year differences. Pay close attention and we'll make a pro out of you yet:-)
    xjamesx
    xjamesx

Number of posts : 378
    Registration date : 2008-05-14

New to site and to vans, need advice. Thanks - Page 2 Empty Re: New to site and to vans, need advice. Thanks

Post by xjamesx Mon May 11, 2009 7:01 pm

Abeblinkin wrote:No, it has no motor/ trans. They pulled it with the intentions of putting in a v8 and they said they have most of the stuff needed for the conversion.
    i probably could have read the whole post again to answer my question but i was lazy i guess. so i dont have a way to tow it (my van needs a tranny upgrade for that distance) but i would help if it could. PM me if i can be of assistance. paying a towing company would be ridiculously expensive so keep an eye out for a truck from a friend and rent a trailer from uhaul for $50. been there, done that...

New to site and to vans, need advice. Thanks - Page 2 Empty update

Post by Guest Thu May 14, 2009 9:21 am

OK I went to look at it and just as he said its completely rust free, the undercarriage looks really nice. Few small dents and creases here and there but in overall good shape. He has the original dog house but the floor has been cut and widened to accept a 2nd generation house. The floor in the rear of the bed has a hole where they installed a 99 cherokee gas tank and it was too fat so they cut the floor in that spot and raised it, he has the original tank and that would be a real easy fix for me. There is a vent in the rear roof on the smooth section that I think I could remove and patch easily. The Van came from outside of L.A. in some desert community. Still sound like a good deal to you guys?

Post by Guest Thu May 14, 2009 9:23 am

Xjamesx, thanks anyways I appreciate the offer and I look forward to meeting some of you Colorado guys in the future.

Post by Guest Thu May 14, 2009 6:07 pm

I would buy it in a second!
    Nightmoves
    Nightmoves

Number of posts : 2214
    Registration date : 2008-11-17

Post by Nightmoves Fri May 15, 2009 12:31 am

I'll be honest with you Abe,(I've been waitin to say that,Haaa) you can'tgo wrong with that van for that money.Looks like a great builder !
    I noticed it looks like it has the blue/yellow Cali. tags on it.If your lucky,the front is on there also.In Cali.,they can register old 'year of manfacture' tags to a vehicle.I have seen the black/yellow matched pair on ebay go for $100 +.Thats 1/3 of your money back already.Its worth looking into.Just searh licence plates in'Collectibles'.
    Good luck Abe,and Welcome to the site.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 10:36 am