VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+8
mcfly
BILLS66
EconoUSAparts
thecruger
wylee
sasktrini
mo_1040
G-Man
12 posters

New to site and to vans, need advice. Thanks

New to site and to vans, need advice. Thanks Empty New to site and to vans, need advice. Thanks

Post by Guest Sat May 09, 2009 8:06 pm

I just singed up to the site recently. Ive been looking for a van project for awhile and I came across this one not far away. It has no engine or trans but the body looks to be fairly rust free with only a few dents in the rear next to the windows. It comes with the necessary parts to make the V8 conversion and she wants 300 bucks for it. I was wondering what you guys think of that deal and how involved putting in a V8 is or the chances of finding a 6 cylinder and maybe what I'd be looking at cost wise to get it going. (assuming everything else is usable). Thanks in advance
    New to site and to vans, need advice. Thanks Img_0611
    New to site and to vans, need advice. Thanks Img_0612
    New to site and to vans, need advice. Thanks Img_0613
    New to site and to vans, need advice. Thanks Img_0614
    New to site and to vans, need advice. Thanks Img_0615
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

New to site and to vans, need advice. Thanks Empty Re: New to site and to vans, need advice. Thanks

Post by G-Man Sat May 09, 2009 8:12 pm

Welcome to the site!!!! Looks like a deal to me. 6cyl of any make are easy to find. If you have all the stuff for a V8 thats even better. Motor stuff is cheap compared to bodywork

New to site and to vans, need advice. Thanks Empty Re: New to site and to vans, need advice. Thanks

Post by Guest Sat May 09, 2009 8:20 pm

Welcome to the board...............I'd buy it.

Post by Guest Sat May 09, 2009 8:30 pm

Welcome to the site!!! 300 bucks for a good body is a great deal. Plus it comes with all the stuff for a v8 swap. Id be all over that if I were you.
    mo_1040
    mo_1040

Number of posts : 645
    Registration date : 2008-07-04

Post by mo_1040 Sat May 09, 2009 9:53 pm

$300... what are you waiting for??? Looks like a hell of a deal to me. Of course I'm from Minnesota so anything that rust free would be a dream to find for that price.
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Number of posts : 2067
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Post by sasktrini Sun May 10, 2009 1:19 am

Welcome! That's a great price! I'm curious of the history of that van... may be from a Colorado club back in the day...
    wylee
    wylee

Number of posts : 917
    Registration date : 2009-04-03

Post by wylee Sun May 10, 2009 2:30 am

i got mine from colo. off ebay, its solid! a couple spots of rust, a few dents. but cleen and solid everyware else. 300. is a great price GO FOR IT1
    thecruger
    thecruger

Number of posts : 205
    Registration date : 2008-11-27

Post by thecruger Sun May 10, 2009 4:33 am

Welcome aboard...
    for $300 bucks, i would have bought it on the spot..
    if i were you, i would quit reading these posts and go get it... Shocked
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by EconoUSAparts Sun May 10, 2009 5:51 am

The good news is it's at least a 65 model so a 300 would drop right in with no modifications. Bewrae of what someone tells you is a sde to V8 it I can help you out.etup for V8. Theres all kinds of people that do it wrong or at least badly. If you decide to go V8 I can assisit you.
    BILLS66
    BILLS66

Number of posts : 1383

Post by BILLS66 Sun May 10, 2009 6:57 am

Solid body with limited or no rust WOW Buy it now and you will have saved a lot of time and money. Bill
    mcfly
    mcfly

Number of posts : 626
    Registration date : 2008-11-10

Post by mcfly Sun May 10, 2009 7:10 am

Sweet deal, buy it before someone else does.As you have heard before good sheetmetal is hardest thing to find on earlys.

And welcome to the site,by coming here you made getting that van on the road a lot easier.There is alot of knowledge here.(At least when it comes to vans Laughing )

mike
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Post by sasktrini Sun May 10, 2009 7:57 am

I think this van may be a '67, looking at the shape of the steering column bracket! If it has a rectangular panel for the brake master cylinder in the floor by the parking brake handle, it's a '67 with the highly sought after dual brake system! That alone is worth $300! If so, get it NOW!
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7900
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Post by DanTheVanMan Sun May 10, 2009 8:18 am

Welcome! I would have it already at that price...

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

New to site and to vans, need advice. Thanks Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-
    xjamesx
    xjamesx

Number of posts : 378
    Registration date : 2008-05-14

Post by xjamesx Sun May 10, 2009 9:02 am

hmmm, $300? where in denver is it? (just kidding) yeah, jump on it ASAP. and welcome to the site. its great to see another Coloradan on here.
    james

Post by Guest Sun May 10, 2009 9:55 am

Thanks for all the advice guys, I have not seen the van in person yet but from what it sounds like I should snatch it up. I'm trying to get back in contact with the person but they have not answered my e-mail yet. Might just buy it unseen and if it turns out to be to much work for me I can just pass it on to someone on here for the same price. Getting it home might be a job though. They have the title for the van and they really just want to sell it to someone who is interested in getting it back on the road which I can respect. I think if I were looking to part it out they wouldn't sell to me. Thanks everyone for replying looks like I'm going to get a lot of good info here if I get this van or have to wait for the next one.

Post by Guest Sun May 10, 2009 11:50 am

Damn that looks like the van that one of my club members used to have.

Post by Guest Sun May 10, 2009 1:49 pm

Us Coloradians need to get together this summer!!!!!!!!!!!!
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198

Post by EconoUSAparts Sun May 10, 2009 5:49 pm

Nope,definitely not a 67 model. It's a 65 or 66. A 67 would have backup lights,padded dash,vinyl visors,low brake pressure warning light on the dash top left side,and the emergency flasher button on the steering column. Still,that aside,it's a great buy.
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Post by sasktrini Sun May 10, 2009 7:42 pm

Thanks Tim... I know you guys will straighten me out when I get outta line! Laughing
    Donn
    Donn

Number of posts : 692
    Registration date : 2009-04-05

Post by Donn Sun May 10, 2009 9:16 pm

$300 is way to much for that van.........Give me the address and I will go yell at them for you!!!
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Post by sasktrini Sun May 10, 2009 11:38 pm

Donn wrote:$300 is way to much for that van.........Give me the address and I will go yell at them for you!!!
    lol! clown

Post by Guest Mon May 11, 2009 9:32 am

Going to look at it tomorrow! I'm hoping to be a new van owner by noon tomorrow. I'll let you guys know. If its a go I need to find a way to get it home. Its about 4 hours outside of Denver. Do you guys know of anyone who does Hauling in Colorado for cheap. Or if there is anyone on the forum who could help me pick it up I would be happy to compensate them for their time. Thanks again.

Vanishing Breed- if you remember any more history on the van or find any old pics of it from your club let me know. I'm a nerd about stuff like that and knowing the history of the van would be really cool.

Post by Guest Mon May 11, 2009 10:17 am

I could spend $300.00 at the peelers in a few hours, heard enough yet!!!
    xjamesx
    xjamesx

Number of posts : 378
    Registration date : 2008-05-14

Post by xjamesx Mon May 11, 2009 3:12 pm

does it run? i might be able to head out and grab it with you but tomorrow is hard to say. where is it at?
    (next weekend might be fine to go pick it up if i can help)
    james

Post by Guest Mon May 11, 2009 3:22 pm

No, it has no motor/ trans. They pulled it with the intentions of putting in a v8 and they said they have most of the stuff needed for the conversion. I was thinking after I look at it tomorrow I might make a deal and pick it up at a later date. Its in GJ and if its a go it will need to be trailered or towed to Denver. All I got is a little Mazda so I need someone with towing capability and 8 hour round trip. Alot to ask - I know

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:19 pm