BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

Vintage-Vans site NEEDS your HELP... plus an update on where I've been

chebby
chebby
Admin

Number of posts : 1731
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Vintage-Vans site NEEDS your HELP... plus an update on where I've been Empty Vintage-Vans site NEEDS your HELP... plus an update on where I've been

Post by chebby on Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:05 pm

Greetings one and all! cheers

First I'd like to address the financial status of our site... (yes I have been keeping an eye on everything)

The forum is ok for the most part, but I could get rid of those annoying ads in the header IF I had the funds... I have just enough left to cover the next "web site" charges.

The main site, and our gallery site will need some $$ soon or they will be, well you get the idea. I would love to cover it, but I can't. Sad

PLEASE donate whatever you can to help. No amount is too small. And I totally understand if you are unable to, trust me I do.

Now... Where have I been? Honestly, just trying to make it through day by day. I haven't looked at my emails in I have no idea how long. This time last year I was in the hospital for 3+ weeks. Docs say I should be on O2 24/7 and I am, most of the time, but...

Anyway, things they are a changing and I'm hoping I will have more "me/free" time, which will, I hope, overall allow me to participate here more.

Please forgive my absence. I have been watching over and think about you all often. So sad to hear about Wookee RIP Crying or Very sad
vanny
vanny

Number of posts : 12335
Registration date : 2012-09-22

Vintage-Vans site NEEDS your HELP... plus an update on where I've been Empty Re: Vintage-Vans site NEEDS your HELP... plus an update on where I've been

Post by vanny on Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:53 pm

We Really miss you here! Glad to hear you're doing better. Hang in there Chebby! cheers cheers cheers Life sometimes throws us curve balls but we just have to be patient and wait for our pitch and knock it out of the park.

Vintage-Vans site NEEDS your HELP... plus an update on where I've been Welcom11

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
savage
savage

Number of posts : 1974
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Vintage-Vans site NEEDS your HELP... plus an update on where I've been Empty Re: Vintage-Vans site NEEDS your HELP... plus an update on where I've been

Post by savage on Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:39 am

Sent some $$ hope it helps  , & Hope your feeling Better
Welcome Back Chebby
Vintage-Vans site NEEDS your HELP... plus an update on where I've been Img_0713
Chebbys  Rule  (Sorry Indiana Hummer )
Scott
Scott

Number of posts : 1599
Registration date : 2008-05-20

Post by Scott on Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:36 am

Hey Chebby,   good to see you again..

I sent a little your way.

For those that are not sure where to pitch in,  here's the link.

>>>    http://www.vintage-vans.com/donations.html    <<<
JackeFriend
JackeFriend

Number of posts : 834
Registration date : 2016-05-06

Post by JackeFriend on Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:09 am

Hi Chebby,
I added to the pot! You get some free time and spend it on doing something just for you! Take care of yourself!
rekbender
rekbender

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2018-01-07

Post by rekbender on Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:55 am

I made a small contribution. Thanks for everything you do.
DanTheVanMan
DanTheVanMan
Commissioner
Commissioner

Number of posts : 7804
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Post by DanTheVanMan on Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:36 pm

Just sent you $20 Chebby.  Welcome back!
Vintage-Vans site NEEDS your HELP... plus an update on where I've been Welcom10
~DanTheVanMan
($20 via PP from Daniel Sloughter)

2004 Kawasaki KLR650

My Mini Gallery

Vintage-Vans site NEEDS your HELP... plus an update on where I've been Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-
Digz
Digz

Number of posts : 3778
Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by Digz on Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:11 pm

Pitched in !
Russell
Russell

Number of posts : 597
Registration date : 2015-12-08

Post by Russell on Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:50 pm

Thanks for all you do, I enjoy this site. Tons of info and help.
Money sent and ordered a shirt too.
richie61
richie61

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2010-01-04

Post by richie61 on Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:02 am

Take care of yourself...pitched in to help.
fermatseye
fermatseye

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2020-02-15

Post by fermatseye on Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:40 pm

Yo Russell, where do you order the t-shirts?
vanny
vanny

Post by vanny on Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:14 pm

Hey Fermatseye, here you go!

http://www.vintage-vans.com/gear.html

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
fermatseye
fermatseye

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2020-02-15

Post by fermatseye on Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:41 pm

Very cool graphics, I can dig it. I'll order one! Thanks!

Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2016-10-18

Post by 69 on Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:23 pm

Pitched in as well. Thanks all you do & for the reminder & all the best for you, Chebby.

I could throw in some webspace for a backup, if needed.
wideload
wideload
Moderator 1st Class
Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 1356
Registration date : 2008-05-11

Post by wideload on Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:27 am

Pitched in Chebby. Hope your health situation improves.

dix
dix
Moderator 1st Class
Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8169
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by dix on Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:25 pm

Chebby
$20. bucks on the way snail mail
thanks for all you do , hope your feeling better....

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2013-12-16

Post by sweetvan on Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:59 am

Chebby,
I donated to i.emagine.that@gmail.com using PayPal. Is that right? Who is Doreen Kennedy?

Please make the VV-Gear ordering easier to find and use. That could bring in some cash. Display shirts and make ordering easier. I don't think most of us would mind a VV ad display on the site.

Sent you a PM. Is your mailbox full?
Let us hear from you. Hope you are doing OK.
Richard

Last edited by sweetvan on Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:01 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Suggested VV gear update.)
donivan65
donivan65
Governor
Governor

Number of posts : 11830
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 on Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:38 am

Doreen Kennedy is Chebbys name, and i.emagine.that@gmail.com is Vintage Vans email address,,,,,,,HOWEVER,,,,,,,I think she is really sick,,,,,she lives out in the Desert in the middle of nowhere,,,,I doubt there is any reliable internet or cell phone service out there,,,,,she is doing the best she can to keep up with the site,,,,,,,,thats what I think,,,,,,,(you mad at me lady for this?)
savage
savage

Number of posts : 1974
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Post by savage on Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:14 pm

Hope Chebby is doing better with all the stuff going on everywhere. Shocked
Sure she appreciates all you do Governor Donivan
donivan65
donivan65
Governor
Governor

Number of posts : 11830
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 on Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:09 pm

She created this website,,,,,,,so its FUTURE,,,,,,,depends on her,,,,,,
gary h
gary h

Number of posts : 367
Registration date : 2012-10-19

Post by gary h Yesterday at 8:58 am

I just made a Donation.Thanks for this Wonderful Forum !
Gary,'68 A-100 Pick-Up cheers
Stomper
Stomper

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2013-01-18

Post by Stomper Yesterday at 10:17 am

In my blissful ignorance, the finances required to run our site never crossed my mind. VV has consistently entertained and educated me from the day I joined. I can't imagine being without it.

With my (long overdue) donation properly placed, I was also ready to order a T-shirt (which I would have gladly ordered long ago had I realized they were available). However, if Chebby is not keeping up with email, I'm not sure what to do about getting it shipped to Canada. And, I couldn't figure out how to select a color. Anybody have any ideas?
Russell
Russell

Number of posts : 597
Registration date : 2015-12-08

Post by Russell Yesterday at 3:34 pm

About ordering shirts; Doreen sent me a email and refunded my shirt payment. She said the person who was doing the shirts has disappeard with the artwork and shirts are not available right now.

Does anybody here know of a t-shirt connection that could make some for us?
vanny
vanny

Post by vanny Yesterday at 3:51 pm

Russell, so we need someone to do artwork?
Does it have to be different than the site logo?
How many shirts and what sizes and colors would be needed?
Colors?

My wife has a TShirt contact...If you can get me the info, I could have her get a price...
Let me know/

dix
dix
Moderator 1st Class
Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8169
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by dix Today at 4:25 am

We went thru this a ways back,  The last time, someone wanted to sell shirts,  But did not want to give the site any money back. Meaning sell shirts on the site ,Make their profit ,  And the  site was to receive nothing ,  Even tho a member here owned the art work,
The owner of the art work does not  visit the site every day, the last time i reached out to him  ,it took about 6 months to return, , great guy great art work, he should turn over the ownership of the art work to Vintage Vans (top dogs). And I have no dout he would , it's just sending him a pm, and waiting.
  if or when shirts are ordered  after what the world is going thru  i pray  the tag on back
does not say made in Evil or Very Mad  china Mad Mad Mad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:31 am