VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

anyone with a 67 or newer A100 (with dual master cylinder)

Henrik
    Henrik

Number of posts : 156
    Registration date : 2010-11-26

anyone with a 67 or newer A100 (with dual master cylinder) Empty anyone with a 67 or newer A100 (with dual master cylinder)

Post by Henrik Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:30 pm

Please could anyone who has the newer dual master cylinder post a picture of the metal bracket that has a hole in it so i could see how it looks like when it came from the factory.

im updating my master cylinder,and understand that i have to cut some metal to make the new one fitted, and would still like to have it looking original.

heres a picture of mine with the single version.

anyone with a 67 or newer A100 (with dual master cylinder) 20150312

Henrik
    Scotts_A100

Number of posts : 160
    Registration date : 2010-06-02

anyone with a 67 or newer A100 (with dual master cylinder) Empty Re: anyone with a 67 or newer A100 (with dual master cylinder)

Post by Scotts_A100 Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:38 am

This is from my '69 A100. This first picture is before pulling it apart and having it blasted.

anyone with a 67 or newer A100 (with dual master cylinder) A100_m10

This is the area after it was blasted.

anyone with a 67 or newer A100 (with dual master cylinder) Blaste10

I hope that it helps. I could probably take more pictures if needed from this area as the MC is still not installed. Scott...
    Henrik
    Henrik

anyone with a 67 or newer A100 (with dual master cylinder) Empty Re: anyone with a 67 or newer A100 (with dual master cylinder)

Post by Henrik Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:16 am

Thank You for the pictures Scott.
    Very nice looking undercarriage You got there!thumbs up!
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8729
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by dix Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:09 pm

great job but that's a bad place for a tie down strap,
    that's a easy way to bend the straight axle,

Post by Guest Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:40 pm

dix wrote:great job  but that's a bad place for a tie down  strap,
    that's a easy way to bend the straight axle,

Please enlighten me, where should it go?
    Scotts_A100

Post by Scotts_A100 Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:41 pm

Thanks for the comments. The chain is in the most solid area as it is tucked up next to the spring on both sides. If someone were to chain/pull from the center I would agree that it could potentially bend the axle. Besides, there was no other option with the trailer/setup I had. All is good.

Henrik, you did not mention if there was a need for more close up pictures of the MC area empty of the MC. BTW, the pictures are cut off in the post but can be fully viewed if you click/open them. Scott...
    Henrik
    Henrik

Post by Henrik Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:56 pm

It seems that the whole bracket is different than in the older one. I'm probably better off just making the hole just a little bit bigger than what it is now.So i basically don't need more pictures.
    Still have to fit a line lock too so i don't ruin the new drums i have to get for the rear.
    Burnouts have done their things to the old ones.
    But thats the price you have to pay when your having fun during our short summers. Very Happy
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8729
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by dix Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:31 am

Scotts_A100

Post by Scotts_A100 Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:35 am

Dix, all good info and I've used them in the past but the trailer that I was able to rent this time had what it had and you do what you can do to get the job done. In this case I knew the distance to be traveled, knew I had a completely stripped down A100 shorty it was going to be a small risk but knew the trailer would get the job done. BTW, the A100 is not the only straight axle vehicle that I have. Still thanks for posting the added info as others may not know what towing options are out there. Scott...
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

Post by RodStRace Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:45 am

There are 2 schools of thought on line locks. Originally, they were typically plumbed into the front, pump the brakes, hit the button and release the pedal. This locked the front and released the rear.
    The other way is to plumb into the rear. This allows you to hit the button, blocking the rear while still being able to modulate the front brakes with the pedal. Make sure the line lock you use allows this, but it seems a better way to go.

Don't forget to make sure you have residual valves in the master and a proportioning valve.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:18 am